Wand Pictures?

WDWFanatic

Why do they take down some on one side and then some on the other instead of doing one side at a time. It just looks dumb, unless it has to do with weight balance??? And how many wand threads do we need??? One is enough to show the progress.

CaptainMichael

Why do they take down some on one side and then some on the other instead of doing one side at a time. It just looks dumb, unless it has to do with weight balance??? And how many wand threads do we need??? One is enough to show the progress.

I'm gonna go with weight balance.

As for number of threads, we haven't had an e-ticket to fawn over since January 2006, and with all the contempt for the wand, people are excited to see it coming down.

jt04

Careful asking questions about the wand. You might trigger another wand thread:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

goofyfan13

Only to a certain height and distance. I want to say 5,000 feet up and 3 miles from any park center, but I'm not entirely certain.

WDW is not "restricted" air space. It just has a permanent TFR(Temporary Flight Restriction) over top of it. What this means is pilots can fly over WDW at altitudes of 3,000 feet above ground level or higher at their leisure. However, if you wants to get a little closer and fly at say 1,500 feet, you have to be vectored by Orlando Approach/Departure. There is no freedom to fly over WDW below 3,000 feet, however above it there is. :wave:

And before anyone doubts me, I've flown over at 3,100 feet twice. :D

JML42691

WDW is not "restricted" air space. It just has a permanent TFR(Temporary Flight Restriction) over top of it. What this means is pilots can fly over WDW at altitudes of 3,000 feet above ground level or higher at their leisure. However, if you wants to get a little closer and fly at say 1,500 feet, you have to be vectored by Orlando Approach/Departure. There is no freedom to fly over WDW below 3,000 feet, however above it there is. :wave:

And before anyone doubts me, I've flown over at 3,100 feet twice. :D
So your the sky writer....:lol: :lol: , just joking

Justin Jones

Does anybody know when the wand will be completely disassembled by? I will be down the 16-24 of August. I missed about a weeks worth of info on this site while I was on vacation and missed most of the discussion.

Yup, check your PM for it.

OMG, your trip dates are the exact same as ours.

goofyfan13

^^^^^

Gave us some GREAT ariel shots a few months ago when he took his grirlfriend up over WDW. Was neat to see.

Depending on money, I'm going to try and fly over when I go back to school and get some pictures of SSE wand-free. Glad you enjoyed those pictures though. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom