Walt's favorite ride?

Emma

I did a search on it, and apparently Walt Disney's favourite ride was "Pirates of the Carribean" :D

Go Here and scroll down to Interesting Facts - It's the first one :D

conntom

You ask Walt's favorite ride. Yes he love POTC but I think
Walt like COP even more he had his hand in this ride all the
way for the 1964 Worlds Fair in NY then he put it in Disney
Land. I saw a clip of Walt Disney talking about COP and you
could see the love he had for this ride. So for your qustion
Walt's Favorite ride I would go with COP.

:)

billybaruch1

It's the railroad

Walt Disney loved trains. I believe you can find pictures and stories of him riding a miniature railroad in his backyard. Try here: http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/trains.html

The Magic Kingdom got its train from the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico and restored it with great care to what it is today. And what it's been since 1971! :D

billybaruch1

My apologies, Emma

According to someone who wrote this:

The Disneyland ride opened on March 18, 1967. Walt Disney originally wanted to make "Pirates of the Caribbean" a walk through attraction but everyone advised against it because no one would want to walk through the attraction. "It's a Small World" was also planned this way. Walt finally made It's a "Small World" a boat ride. And, when they built Pirates, they used the same flat bottom boats as "Small World". "Pirates of the Carribean" was Walt Disney's favorite ride, even though he died before it was finished -which was why it was his favorite: he always liked the "next one" best!

But I stand by the younger Walt Disney who loved trains, as opposed to the PotC which he did not live to see.

Bagheera

Yes, the main reason that everyone thinks that Pirates was Walt's favorite ride is because it was his favorite ride at the time that he passed away. However, it was always the next ride, the next movie, the next idea that was his favorite. Right now, his favorites would be PhilharMagic and Expedition: Everest.

Lil'mermaid

I very much agree with conntom. COP was Walt's idea from start to finish, I even read somewhere that he was (or still is) the orignal voice of the man there. COP was Walt's baby. I think that that may have had to be a favorite there!

JLW11Hi

As said, he always liked the one they were working on the best! I can see why, too, because as they developed and added, there became more and more technologies, more people working on the project, etc. SO I can see with PotC, there was probably the biggest staff yet working on it in Imagineering, and more animatronics and scenes and effects than had ever been seen. He believed in updating and adding new things all the time, one of the biggest reasons he loved Disneyland in the first place.

Of course, his favorite and most ambitious upcomming project at the time of his death was defenetly Epcot.

General Grizz

No one really knows! :lol:

Walt LOVED railroads, yup. But he also loved Lincoln (a LOT of nostalgia there for him). The only direct evidence I think we have is this:

Before he passed away, Walt told his Imagineers to keep one attraction open as long as his theme parks existed. This was the Carousel of Progress, one of the many attractions he cherished dearly. I have a feeling this is it, but you can't really determine it any more... :(

General Grizz

Originally posted by Lil'mermaid
I even read somewhere that he was (or still is) the orignal voice of the man there. COP was Walt's baby

You're thinking of Rex Allen, voice of the narrator in the 1964 version and Grandpa in the current version (opens in late June as a seasonal run).

Walt, however, DOES have a major spot in the preshow of the CoP.

Oh, and as for PoTC, he was not alive to physically experience it. I know that he was able to see the scenes OR models in a flow-through set (I know the models for sure).

meeko_33785

Not sure of his absolute favorite. I have a feeling he probably liked them all. It was his park so they were probably all like his babies to him and enjoyed them all. My best guesses would probably be either the Railroad (he loved trains), the Goldern Horseshoe (he had his own private box there and spent a lot of time there, even celebrating many special events such as his and his wife's wedding anniversary there) or Lincon (since Lincon was someone Walt admired and respected very much.

whatwouldwaltdo

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
No one really knows! :lol:

Before he passed away, Walt told his Imagineers to keep one attraction open as long as his theme parks existed. This was the Carousel of Progress, one of the many attractions he cherished dearly. I have a feeling this is it, but you can't really determine it any more... :(

It's kind of sad the direction COP is taking, isn't it?:(

SirNim

Originally posted by whatwouldwaltdo
It's kind of sad the direction COP is taking, isn't it?:(
Progress isn't sad! :lol: (with each turn of the COP, we are making progress! :lol: )

It's Disney's, er-, mismanagement of COP that is rather disheartening to those who really appreciate the nostalgia of the parks, what originally made the parks so unique and so great. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom