Walt in the Haunted Mansion Movie

Davis224

Original Poster
About halfway through the Preview for the Haunted Mansion, there appears to be a ghost that looks a whole lot like a young Walt Disney.

The shot is slightly more than halfway, and the man has a pencil thin moustache, is obviously wearing a button up shirt, and looks a whole lot like Walt.

Is this just me, or does anybody else think so...

If it is Walts, whats up with this????

Davis224

Original Poster
The Shot is proceeded by the words "the ride" and then a shot of the dancing ballroom scene, and then there he is . . . at least I think it's him.:confused:

Moustronaut

I thought it was supposed to look like the guy that is signing the Grim Grinning Ghost song in the grave yard.

I'm not sure that's supposed to be the character of Master Gracey or not. But it looks just like the projected head singing lead in the graveyard.

DonickCo

do you mean the guy in this picture.
i don't think he looks like walt.
-DonickCo

Attachments

• hm walt.jpg
    hm walt.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 205

Jerm

Originally posted by NADisney
actully it resembles Vincent Price- who was the Ghost Host at Disneyland Paris's "Phontom Manor".

LOL was for like a week.....does anyone know how long they kept his part at PM?

Jerm

Bagheera

Actually, it's the late Thurl Ravenscroft, who sings the bass part of "Grim Grinning Ghosts." (In addition to many, many Disney voices, he was also the voice of Tony the Tiger.)

HaHa!

I think thats supposed to look like a member of the mellowmen who are the singing busts in the graveyard scene. He looks a great deal like the broken one on the far left I believe.

General Grizz

Originally posted by Bagheera
Actually, it's the late Thurl Ravenscroft, who sings the bass part of "Grim Grinning Ghosts." (In addition to many, many Disney voices, he was also the voice of Tony the Tiger.)

WHAT?! No! When did this happen? :( :( :(

jmarc63

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I just searched Internet Movie Database and Thurl Websites, according to those, he's alive and well! :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hmmm....

I did some checking and I can't find an obit for him,however his wife passed away in '99. and he was definatly alive last february 2002 when he did an interview on an LA radio station

if you go to IMDB you can see his entire body of work untill his retirement in 1999. His voice is heard in over half of the audio in the american parks attractions and speils(sometimes uncredited), and quite extensively involved with Disney features and shorts over a 60 year peroid

daksimba

Yeah, Thurl was pretty much the #1 Bass Voice for Disney in the old days.

He also is very commonly mistaken to be Walt in the Haunted Mansion ride (and I guess Movie also, now.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom