Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and The Timekeeper Will Be Open Over the Easter Ho

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Good Morning all

I know its been a loooong time since I have posted anything well with a new job and changes in the geeklabs its been hard anywho I come with good news for COP and TK fans

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and The Timekeeper will be open from April 13 through April 24.
Hours of operation for both attractions will be 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. each day.

bailey5697

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Good Morning all

Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and The Timekeeper will be open from April 13 through April 24.
Hours of operation for both attractions will be 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. each day.

:(
April 24th, no longer, huh? I will be there one week later.

Figment1986

9-9, darn, now i will have to change my scedual. or hop over myself with my ticket and video camera. I got to get SE and COP on video.

MicBat

I hope it's still open seasonally whenever I'm down there next year! I need the chance to film them both. I cant even remember the last time I was in timekeeper!

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by suzynstitch
no videotaping please!!! or i will come on the ride pa and hafta yell at you!!!
:D

suzynstitch

question I was able to film and take pictures last time as long as I didnt use external lights etc. Do you work the ride???

suzynstitch

yes i do work at cop. we ask in our spiel before each show that you please refrain from videotaping and flash photography. there are few shows that do not permit the use of video. cop, alien encounter...i am not sure about timekeeper but i wouldn't think it would either. disney enforces these rules very strictly. if we see someone taping, we usually come on the p.a. and announce that they please stop. if necessary we will go in the show and tell them. it's annoying for us because we must stop what we are doing to run to the theater and it's annoying for other guests because it disrupts the show to have a cast member talking on the p.a. in the middle of it. i know at alien encounter they come in with a flashlight and shine it on the guest who is taping. i am sure the light from the camera has something to do with it, but also the fact that the entire show is being caught on film. i am not saying that every person gets caught, but i know that we are all trained to ensure there is no taping. not to spoil anyone's fun. i am just warning everyone that it really is not allowed and you would be breaking the rules so to speak if you were to film cop. besides, if you film you would be missing the show!! and it's so much better to see it with your eyes instead of through a camera lens!
suzie q

Sean23

I have taped COP many times, I think it depends on the CM that is working the ride. I do not have any external lights on my camcorder.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I've noticed people taping CoP pretty much every time I've seen it. Only the last time it was open did I see someone get reprimanded over the PA.

TimeKeeper...now that's different altogether. If the CM there even smells a camera, they will be ALL OVER YOU before you know it. It's like they're camera nazis.

Figment1986

COP must be the only OLD attraction that does not allow video taping, I couldn't get over to MK but i did get SE on tape though:) i was going to get figmet on video but my mom said no!:mad: I did get Fantasmic though, Not bad taping eyther the water screens came out desent. (My camera does not have a light on it, I tore it out due to it broke and not i have black electrical tape around the light spot, so i can never get into trouble with evertnal lighting, and my taking skills allow me to see though the black and white eye peace and look out periodically, and why not sit in the back row and film there?

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by suzynstitch
yes i do work at cop. we ask in our spiel before each show that you please refrain from videotaping and flash photography. there are few shows that do not permit the use of video. cop, alien encounter...i am not sure about timekeeper but i wouldn't think it would either. disney enforces these rules very strictly. if we see someone taping, we usually come on the p.a. and announce that they please stop. if necessary we will go in the show and tell them. it's annoying for us because we must stop what we are doing to run to the theater and it's annoying for other guests because it disrupts the show to have a cast member talking on the p.a. in the middle of it. i know at alien encounter they come in with a flashlight and shine it on the guest who is taping. i am sure the light from the camera has something to do with it, but also the fact that the entire show is being caught on film. i am not saying that every person gets caught, but i know that we are all trained to ensure there is no taping. not to spoil anyone's fun. i am just warning everyone that it really is not allowed and you would be breaking the rules so to speak if you were to film cop. besides, if you film you would be missing the show!! and it's so much better to see it with your eyes instead of through a camera lens!
suzie q

see i am one to always argue this point. My videocamera is a very small camera (minidv) I turn off all external lights I dont use my side viewfinder, and I am never around or in anyones way BUT yet I still have people saying dont do that your breaking the rules.

How about the folks that leave their cell phones or their little walkie talkies how about them nothing is said to them when they start going off. Or people who bring their 2 year old to the hall of presidents COME ON people

Either way I am always going to film rides, and sooner or later I will get everyone i want filmed LOL sorry to be pro filming I understand if I was causing a scene but I dont. Plus I dont have the $$$ to reproduce anything Disney does.

Just my 2cents

Dayma

Simple reason they dont want you taping is that you can buy a souvenir video I think from one of the Disney stores....

Sean23

Originally posted by MrNonacho
TimeKeeper...now that's different altogether. If the CM there even smells a camera, they will be ALL OVER YOU before you know it. It's like they're camera nazis.

I know what your talking about, that is one hard attraction to tape.

MicBat

Originally posted by blackride
Simple reason they dont want you taping is that you can buy a souvenir video I think from one of the Disney stores....
Yeah, but the souvenier videos they sell don't show all of the attractions or the whole show/ride.

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by blackride

The videos disney sells are very very poor in my opinion. If they made videos/dvds of attraction highlights etc they would make big money off it but alas they show snipets of commercials almost

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom