Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress and The Timekeeper Will Be Open Over the Easter Ho

suzynstitch

wow. i figured there would be a strong reaction to this. okay, well if you all wanna tape then that's up to you...but please don't do it when i am there cause i was trained that there be no videotaping and now i am a trainer and will tell my trainees the same thing. i even spiel it before the show. so if you are in my audience, please simply be aware that i will say something. just doing my job!
suzie q
ps. i hope no one on the boards has any bad feelings toward me because of this...i love coming to this site and reading the posts. you all are so nice and helpful to everyone! thanks for making me feel welcome here too! when you are in the kingdom, please come see me in t-land!!
:wave:

scottnj1966

video taping

It is very frustrating to be told you cannot video tape.
I usually will do it anyway. Not trying to be mean but they are my memories and I want to save them.
The way old rides and shows are disappearing it is the only way to preserve some of them.

The only time I didnt video tape when I was told not to was on Universe of Energy at Epcot. I suppose this was because they use "real" actors and I know there are rules because of that fact.
I did take a little though, sorry.

As of now I have 22 on rides from all four parks including many I was not not suppose to do like ToT and Star Tours.

These are great videos and I am going to try to get every ride completed.

We pay alot for a chance to enjoy ourselves. I know most of you think of it as a job if you work there but for many of us it is a get away from the "real" world and sometimes you just need that.

Love the parks, have been going since I was a kid.

MicBat

Re: video taping

Originally posted by scottnj1966
The only time I didnt video tape when I was told not to was on Universe of Energy at Epcot. I suppose this was because they use "real" actors and I know there are rules because of that fact.
I did take a little though, sorry.
What "real" actors are used in Universe of Energy.

I know exactly what you mean, though. I wish I could have some rides that are closed now on video.

RyanS

real actors as in big hollywood names, i.e. ellen degeneres etc.

i'm going down on monday, i can't wait to see the carousel and time keeper. i haven't seem them since 1998.

MicBat

Originally posted by RyanS
real actors as in big hollywood names, i.e. ellen degeneres etc.

i'm going down on monday, i can't wait to see the carousel and time keeper. i haven't seem them since 1998.
aaah.. ok, i know what you mean...
have a fun trip!

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Originally posted by suzynstitch
wow. i figured there would be a strong reaction to this. okay, well if you all wanna tape then that's up to you...but please don't do it when i am there cause i was trained that there be no videotaping and now i am a trainer and will tell my trainees the same thing. i even spiel it before the show. so if you are in my audience, please simply be aware that i will say something. just doing my job!
suzie q
ps. i hope no one on the boards has any bad feelings toward me because of this...i love coming to this site and reading the posts. you all are so nice and helpful to everyone! thanks for making me feel welcome here too! when you are in the kingdom, please come see me in t-land!!
:wave:

Oh no hard feelings toward you at all I understand you have a job to do etc. I just have never understood why there are so many rides that you cannt film. I can seen if yes I was causing an disturbane etc but I am very professional, and dont use lights etc. I will continue to film, and if I get told to stop thats fine I will just wait for said CM (suzynstitch not direct at you) to go on break or lunch :animwink:

MicBat

Originally posted by orlpassholder
Oh no hard feelings toward you at all I understand you have a job to do etc. I just have never understood why there are so many rides that you cannt film. I can seen if yes I was causing an disturbane etc but I am very professional, and dont use lights etc. I will continue to film, and if I get told to stop thats fine I will just wait for said CM (suzynstitch not direct at you) to go on break or lunch :animwink:
I didn't know there were that many rides you weren't able to film on. Mostly only shows deny you filming rights.

castlecake2.0

I think one of the reasons that there is a no video-taping rule is because video-cameras used to be alot bigger than they are now, and were disturbing guests enjoying the attraction. Also, some people are not as courteous as others, so it wouldnt be fare to allow some guests to video-tape, and not allow others. Lastly, you are on Disney property so IMHO I believe Disney can have these rules, and enforce them if they want to.

:king:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom