News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

disneygeek90

Completely agree with that. We have two reservations in July and it would be nice to know what is going on. Probably cancel both anyway if facemasks are required- since they aren’t required at most other resorts in Florida- but guests do deserve information.

Disney hasn’t said anything at all to guests. I haven’t even gotten any communication about my June stay- and they clearly know that is not happening. They’ve let us down in many ways.
Sea World and Universal are both requiring them. Surely you're not trying to compare WDW to Gatorland or FunSpot...

heapster411

Disney will open the Resorts IMHO. That is their cash cow. With no contact check-in, cut down Mousekeeping to only clean the room after each guest finishes their stay, Mobile ordering in their restaurants and no contact paying when you leave, the work force is slightly less. I AM going in December, things will change a lot between now and then, Have Faith and Patience, my fellow Mousers!

Mainahman

Do we have any idea how reservations will work? If people travel from out of state with a 7-day ticket, surely you can't tell them "sorry you didn't get reservations for three of your trip days--enjoy the pool!"
Thats my deal. Were from TN, so its not a long drive, but not a short one. I want these questions answered in the coming days and weeks. Weve had this on the books since september with Disney. Ill move it if i have to, but give me some notice, and if fastpass wont be a thing, then let us know that too so us that want to be there actually can plan.

_caleb

They have no influence over the core audience of a Walt Disney World vacation. Finance Manager Steve, his history teacher wife Megan, and their three kids (12, 7, and 5) don't care what YouTube stars and Instagram models are posting on social media.
They have NO influence? Then who is consuming all that "Influencer content?" And why does Disney bend over backwards to accommodate and appeal them? And who does influence Steve and Meg's family's decisions about how and where to spend their money?

Jrb1979

You're missing the point. Disney saying they're going to have social distancing measures in a PowerPoint deck does not mean guests will BEHAVE according to social distancing measures in the parks when they're actually in them. And I am NOT talking about tough guys saying "social distancing is stupid, I'm not going to do it," I'm saying it's a nonsense concept to try and apply in a theme park environment.

Picture Main Street on any random morning, even a morning with light crowds. Honestly picture in your head what it would look like for people to be swerving around to keep six feet of distance with other people. Better yet, imagine an entire family walking around in a group trying to swerve around as a group to keep six feet of distance from other families who are also walking around as a group. It doesn't pass the most basic level of common sense. It's completely absurd.

This is public health theater. That's all it is and that's why it bothers me so much.
First that's where the masks come for instances when you can't be 6 ft apart. I get that people want the parks to open as normal but that can't happen right now.

dizneycrazy09

You're missing the point. Disney saying they're going to have social distancing measures in a PowerPoint deck does not mean guests will BEHAVE according to social distancing measures in the parks when they're actually in them. And I am NOT talking about tough guys saying "social distancing is stupid, I'm not going to do it," I'm saying it's a nonsense concept to try and apply in a theme park environment.

Picture Main Street on any random morning, even a morning with light crowds. Honestly picture in your head what it would look like for people to be swerving around to keep six feet of distance with other people. Better yet, imagine an entire family walking around in a group trying to swerve around as a group to keep six feet of distance from other families who are also walking around as a group. It doesn't pass the most basic level of common sense. It's completely absurd.

This is public health theater. That's all it is and that's why it bothers me so much.

Reopening now, with the public health theater precautions in place, almost makes the initial shutdown pointless.

Herdman

Unless you have to cancel because you are about to be in a 'no refund" type situation I don't quite understand the people that are posting that they are cancelling September reservations now. It could be completely different by September. It could even be somewhat different in July based on how the next 6 weeks go. We moved our May reservation until the last week of October, and I wouldn't even think about cancelling at this point. It's 5 months from now. Who knows what the world looks like at that point.

I know everyone's situation is personal and different, and you have to do what is right for you. We'll wait a while and see what happens before we make any kind of decision for months down the road.

rowrbazzle

Disney has a month to watch potential mistakes those two companies may or may not make. Smart move i say.

Yeah, I get that. But I also feel like Disney should know better by now. They already have another park open. Plus, given the restrictions in place it seems like they could open sooner if they wanted to. Like I said, particularly given all the restrictions, I guess it just seems slow to me.

Giss Neric

He said resorts, not theme parks. Disney is requiring masks at all times on property, period.
Oh come on, resorts and theme parks are in the same family. Other theme parks are requiring masks on property at all times too so why are you just pertaining to Disney World resort? It's only Fun Spot where masks are optional cause clearly they can't scare away people cause that place needs foot traffic.

nickys

Premium Member
Per previous announcements, your pass will be extended from its original expiration date by the total number of days the parks were closed. Now that we know the opening dates, they'll be able to finalize the program code and schedule the update to everyone's expiration dates. Once they do that, the new expiration date will show in your MDE profile.
I think they may extend beyond the actual opening dates. Possibly until reservations are no longer required.

Giss Neric

Yeah, I get that. But I also feel like Disney should know better by now. They already have another park open. Plus, given the restrictions in place it seems like they could open sooner if they wanted to. I guess it just seems slow to me?
I say slowly but surely. Disney has more parks to cover than those two so the risks and consequences are bigger.

dizneycrazy09

Unless you have to cancel because you are about to be in a 'no refund" type situation I don't quite understand the people that are posting that they are cancelling September reservations now. It could be completely different by September. It could even be somewhat different in July based on how the next 6 weeks go. We moved our May reservation until the last week of October, and I wouldn't even think about cancelling at this point. It's 5 months from now. Who knows what the world looks like at that point.

I know everyone's situation is personal and different, and you have to do what is right for you. We'll wait a while and see what happens before we make any kind of decision for months down the road.

Realistically, things could get VERY bad again, VERY quickly, and they could choose to not reopen altogether. Or they could reopen in July and close again six weeks later. Or like you said, things could almost be normal by September... Literally any scenario is possible right now.

csmat99

They have not announced re-opening of the resort hotels at all, just the theme parks.
If I was Disney I wouldn't open too many of the resorts. Yes you want the money but since you have to restrict access at the parks do you really want people coming from all over the country? If you only allow residents and certain number of AP you are controlling who is coming. Pretty sure Disney doesn't want people coming in from Area that could be hot bed with virus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom