News Walt Disney World's COVID-19 reopening plans announced - July 11

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Posting the general thread as a courtesy.

bdearl41

That's my concern, too. Yes, we need to re-open, but we need to do so carefully and in smart ways...not by basing our behavior on what we WANT things to be like.
While I understand the concerns and they are pragmatic. I think the country has shown it will not shut down again. Particularly that close to an election (no political angle here). People have proven they don’t follow it or take it way to far. Perhaps reduced movements like back to a phase two but a complete shutdown should not be expected by anyone. It would destroy the economy past recovery and mean the end of most business in America.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I hope for the positive as well. However, seeing how people in Lake of the Ozarks (where there was no social distancing what so ever) handled this. Seeing how people are refusing to where masks, there will be an increase in cases. The increase will be geometric, and we will be looking at another lock down.
When we get to the late fall and winter, when flu exacerbates things, it will be a horror show.
I don’t disagree, but why should Disney keep their parks closed when every other conceivable thing is opening almost immediately with much less of a plan (I’m some cases none at all)?

danv3

They open so that they don’t have more points go unused. There’s already a big issue going into 2021 that gets compounded the more points get banked.

Stinks for those owners, but I think DVC really has no choice. The glut of points is going to be a big issue for the next 12-18 months.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So let's look at the facts then:

ResortAverage Selling Price in 2018Approx. average from today
Animal Kingdom$107$108
Bay Lake Tower$130$144
Beach Club$129$147
Boardwalk$112$114
Boulder Ridge$104$102
Grand Floridian$144$162
Old Key West$86$100
Polynesian$138$140
Saratoga Springs$98$104

So please tell me where this 20% reduction has taken place.
Great stuff....

1. Where’d you get that chart from?
2. How much lag is there in it?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Meaning - those < 3 cant get sick? Or we don't care if they get sick? Regardless of what is said, that is the outcome.

NOTE: Not attacking the messenger, just the message . . .
It’s a safety issue. Kids under 3 may not be able to tell an adult they can’t breathe and they will pass out. The airlines and other places are following the same rule. It comes from the CDC recommendation

jt04

The majority of the governors have caved to the president. Even if we have a second outbreak the President said he will NOT shut the country down.

Of course not. The country has never shut down nor can it. And no governor has caved as you say. They continue to try to choose between two strategies with each having pros and cons. It's easy to throw rocks at those in leadership trying to make the best of difficult choices. Anonymously doing so though is not mature.

PS- political talk is also against forum rules.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Of course not. The country has never shut down nor can it. And no governor has faced as you say. They continue to try to choose between two strategies with each having pros and cons. It's easy to throw rocks at those in leadership trying to make the best of difficult choices. Anonymously doing so though is not mature.

PS- political talk is also against forum rules.
I’m waiting for “stupidity” to be against the rules too 🤔

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Stinks for those owners, but I think DVC really has no choice. The glut of points is going to be a big issue for the next 12-18 months.
Yep, for the first time since I bought into DVC I’m seeing it as a huge problem. I may end up losing a year or more worth of points which will wipe out a lot of what I saved being an owner. It really sucks. I can try to rent some points out to recover some money but who knows what the market will be for point rentals and there’s always a chance it gets shut down again. Bad situation all around.

Hcalvert

Well, I scrapped my CSR reservation that was to begin on July 8 and booked a DVC reservation for July 10-15 instead before I am off to my other rebooking from March (Poly: July 15-24). FPs are all but gone now as I looked to change a day I had scheduled at Hollywood. Oh well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Of course I'm not saying that DVC never goes down. Please quote where I have stated this. I said you were wrong in your prediction that prices would fall, and you seem to be the person ignoring reality.
That prediction is till valid...if I had to bet within a month, I wouldn’t have made it.

Put a sticky on this one and let’s see how it plays when the “v-shaped” rebound doesn’t happen (because that’s completely stupid)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom