Walt - "Disney World will not be a place that is used to sink your money"

pumpkin7

he also said 'you can't top pigs with pigs' in regards to doing a sequel to snow white.

hmmm, look what happened there then..!

but yeah, i'm not a fan of that area, but the above poster is right with it's not a typical type of carnival. you're not enticed into having a go, it's your choice. i personally didn't like that area and would probably not go in there again. same with anyone else would doesn't like it.
much like the sequels to all the disney movies. if you don't want to watch snow white 2 or cinderella 2, 3, and i'm sure i've seen a 4th at some point, then you don't have to!

Crockett

Banned
It might have something to do with the fact that Walt Disney is no longer in charge of the company?:shrug:
^Exactly. The Disney Co. is doing just fine for NOW. Walt does not control the company in 2011. These "what would Walt do" posts are pointless (imo) because simply put (and not trying to disrespect the man), he cannot do anything.

Look forward, not backward.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The difference is that the people in WDW will keep the carnival cleaned, unlike the carnivals he went to. Not to mention the strange creepy employees that are either boring or look like they could kill you :lookaroun... (Not a fact, just me guessing)

(I just got back from Carowinds, I know the drill :animwink: lol)

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

jodalovesmickey

It some ways, yes. One has to remember that Walt has been gone for over 40 years now, times change. I would be willing to bet that a company run EXACTLY as Walt would have run it in the 60's would not survive today. The world has just changed too much. I think that some of the Disney purists have a hard time with that fact.

Times haven't changed all that much. Walt had people telling him his business model didn't work all the time, that's why he stood out. There's always been "conventional wisdom", he (and Roy) bucked it until the end. That was his legacy and people forget it all the time.

GenerationX

Au contraire, Walt wouldn't have simply endorsed the carnival games in AK, he would have likely expanded them. Case in point: in the Favorite Quotations section of his Facebook page, he always listed P.T. Barnum's "There's a $ucker born every minute" as his philosophy. It's a shame Walt didn't live long enough to see his true vision realized.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom