News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

RodSerling

Incredi-Pass still available 6:41 PM.

Fell asleep this morning and woke up literally one minute after my original window expired. Back in queue all day. Was a little on the fence but after all that of course I got the pass - and I’m sure that’s part of the reason why the whole process is the way it is.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I logged in around 11am to try for an Incredipass for my gf (we were waiting to make sure her sister and brother-in-law got theirs first) and finally got through the queue about 6:30pm (fortunately my phone browser cookies kept my spot despite having to reboot my phone halfway through), but we have a new passholder!

I thought I read somewhere that, because of the special release, we could renew our existing pass outside the typical 60 days in advance but it didn’t look like it would let me do that for mine (mine expires Aug 20). I assume I’m either remembering that wrong or it was from an unreliable source, but if anyone knows of a way you can renew early before the next price hike, let me know 😁

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
I logged in around 11am to try for an Incredipass for my gf (we were waiting to make sure her sister and brother-in-law got theirs first) and finally got through the queue about 6:30pm (fortunately my phone browser cookies kept my spot despite having to reboot my phone halfway through), but we have a new passholder!

I thought I read somewhere that, because of the special release, we could renew our existing pass outside the typical 60 days in advance but it didn’t look like it would let me do that for mine (mine expires Aug 20). I assume I’m either remembering that wrong or it was from an unreliable source, but if anyone knows of a way you can renew early before the next price hike, let me know 😁

You can upgrade your Annual Pass outside of your renewal window right now, maybe that's what you are thinking about?

RodSerling

On the expiration date question, the plot thickens - MDE does in fact list my just-purchased pass as expiring April 19, 2024. I verified during the purchase (and actually screenshotted) that the language quoted above were the stated T&Cs.

It is possible that the expiration date might update on first scan-in, but at the moment it does in fact show expiration a year from today.

(Edit: it could be that the listed expiration is for the *voucher* and not the pass, which as I understand it would be correct - you have a year to activate the pass after purchase.)

Demarke

Premium Member
On the expiration date question, the plot thickens - MDE does in fact list my just-purchased pass as expiring April 19, 2024. I verified during the purchase (and actually screenshotted) that the language quoted above were the stated T&Cs.

It is possible that the expiration date might update on first scan-in, but at the moment it does in fact show expiration a year from today.

(Edit: it could be that the listed expiration is for the *voucher* and not the pass, which as I understand it would be correct - you have a year to activate the pass after purchase.)
I just checked the new one I purchased for my gf, and also was able to see the purchased-today passes for three others that I’m linked to. None of them have expiration dates listed in the app (all are Incredipasses).

I think your edit is probably correct, that’s probably the expiration to start using it (which would then start the one year period for the pass)

Dman245

I just talked to a third person and went ahead and upgraded my pass and this person said nothing about the passes being active at purchase and the renewal date being the date of purchase like the other two cast members I talked to. In fact, her exact words were that the passes are bound by the terms and conditions listed on the terms and conditions webpage.

Demarke

Premium Member
If I said they sold 25,000 unique new Incredi-Passes online today since 7AM ET, would you take the Over or Under?
Definitely over. I can see ticket numbers for four people who purchased Incredipasses today. All of the passes have the numbers 200423 (April 20, 2023) in them followed by five digits.

Person A got theirs about 10:00AM and had last 5 digits in the 47,000s

Persons B and C got theirs about 10:25AM and had sequential numbers in the 49,000s

Person D got theirs about 6:30PM and had last 5 numbers in the 73000s

Since the middle two got sequential numbers and they all continued to go up, I’d assume we could say they were selling passes in sequential order.

Depending on how many they sold between 6-7AM (whenever sales actually started) and 10AM, I think they’ve probably gone well over 25,000

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Now you’re in the weeds…

They shouldn’t allow that. It’s combining two tickets into one…not an “upgrade”

But it’s worth a try
But if there's ever a day to live in the weeds, it's 4.20.

I was considering a dining promo package after my AP expires but while still in my renewal window. But after further crunching the dining card per night would be less than a room only AP discount.

Fido Chuckwagon

The voucher expires a year from today. You have to activate it by then.

Fido Chuckwagon

Definitely over. I can see ticket numbers for four people who purchased Incredipasses today. All of the passes have the numbers 200423 (April 20, 2023) in them followed by five digits.

Person A got theirs about 10:00AM and had last 5 digits in the 47,000s

Persons B and C got theirs about 10:25AM and had sequential numbers in the 49,000s

Person D got theirs about 6:30PM and had last 5 numbers in the 73000s

Since the middle two got sequential numbers and they all continued to go up, I’d assume we could say they were selling passes in sequential order.

Depending on how many they sold between 6-7AM (whenever sales actually started) and 10AM, I think they’ve probably gone well over 25,000
So it’s possible Disney made north of a hundred million dollars today selling AP’s.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
New update - all Annual Passes are currently still available, but sales will be paused at 11pm ET and will resume no earlier than 7:15am ET tomorrow.

Message last updated: 9:00 PM ET

We thank you and all our fans for the incredible enthusiasm for the Passholder program. Pass sales will pause at 11 PM Eastern Time. Guests will remain in the queue overnight, as long as they remain connected to the network and keep their browser window open. Pass sales will resume no earlier than 7:15 AM Eastern Time tomorrow.

Still available to purchase: Disney Incredi-Pass, Disney Pixie Pass, Disney Pirate Pass, Disney Sorcerer Pass

Please note availability on a pass or select passes may become unavailable for purchase at any time after sales reopen tomorrow.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
New update - all Annual Passes are currently still available, but sales will be paused at 11pm ET and will resume at 7:15am ET tomorrow.

Message last updated: 9:00 PM ET

We thank you and all our fans for the incredible enthusiasm for the Passholder program. Pass sales will pause at 11 PM Eastern Time. Guests will remain in the queue overnight, as long as they remain connected to the network and keep their browser window open. Pass sales will resume no earlier than 7:15 AM Eastern Time tomorrow.

Still available to purchase: Disney Incredi-Pass, Disney Pixie Pass, Disney Pirate Pass, Disney Sorcerer Pass

Please note availability on a pass or select passes may become unavailable for purchase at any time after sales reopen tomorrow.
Keeping connected to a browser session for 8 hours is going to be difficult for some, especially on a phone. Remember to disable power saving etc.

Ayla

So I got my incredipass and called in to update my 7-night reservation in august, and after updates, it saved me $970. I got the addons, so I paid $1700 after tax, so overall, it cost me a bit over $700. And it'll be much more likely for me to book next year, and if I do, I'll definitely come out a tiny bit ahead. Ah well, I'm pretty satisfied with it.
Disney math. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom