News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

DebbieDub

For the prior poster, I believe she said they both already have AP and just wanted to upgrade. I thought that switching those at renewal time was guaranteed. Kind of the back door way in for Floridians as they could buy the cheapest pass and then switch up to Pirate or Sorcerer after 12 months.
We would have purchased the sorceror AP right off the bat if we could have back in January but as we know they were not available at that time. So I just wanted to upgrade them both. I was able to easily upgrade mine, but it would not allow me to add my hubby's to the cart to upgrade. So now I have one upgraded and one not in my family. So I just hope to get thay figured out in a timely manner.

makaltman

For the prior poster, I believe she said they both already have AP and just wanted to upgrade. I thought that switching those at renewal time was guaranteed. Kind of the back door way in for Floridians as they could buy the cheapest pass and then switch up to Pirate or Sorcerer after 12 months.
But you have to wait for the year anniversary to upgrade. For me, that would be 10 months from now. Can’t wait that long to be able to get the weekends!! Hopefully will get the sorcerers pass today!

fgmnt

Ok, so I have a question... When I get to Disney World for my trip and head to EPCOT, is there something I need to do before I use my new AP or will it just activate when I use my Magic Band?
You will have to go to a vacation planning window at a main gate to complete activation. There may be an additional ID check, especially depending on what pass you bought, and I think they will still give you a piece of physical media and handwrite your expy date on the back. If you are getting a pass as a Florida resident, I would bring whatever proof of residency you used to get the pass to the park.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A disgraceful decision that will only cause misery to tourists who come from abroad and actually spend in Disney.

Locals should not only have any annual passes removed, but also any little perks removed too (eg if you have an annual pass you are not allowed to participate in any fast passes) Not only would i remove the annual passes for locals - i'd go one strep further and suggest they pay a premium to enter the parks on one day tickets. And then i'd suggest seperate entrances to check they don't bring in food and just use the parks to take up space to have their home cooked meal in nice surroundings. I'd also designate them certain areas that they cannot enter - especially sheltered seat areas, so the rest of us don't have to scramble around looking for seating but can't because locals have bought in their microwaved meals and put the meals on those seats.

Furthermore i'd also ban them from congragating around the castle to see fireworks - if you are a local why on earth would you want to take up space to see the fireworks for the hundredth time, as the high spending tourist has to stand by the monorail to get a glimpse (probably).

Something needs to be done.

Why should they just get to go every day, take in their picnics, and just contribute to long queues, then go home at the end of the day. Whilst the long suffering tourists, pays a premium for hotels, buys merch, eats on Disney property, and spends alot as they're on holiday. And furthermore Disney gives them a discount for all the misery they contribute!

A complete disgrace.
angry adam sandler GIF

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
A disgraceful decision that will only cause misery to tourists who come from abroad and actually spend in Disney.

Locals should not only have any annual passes removed, but also any little perks removed too (eg if you have an annual pass you are not allowed to participate in any fast passes) Not only would i remove the annual passes for locals - i'd go one strep further and suggest they pay a premium to enter the parks on one day tickets. And then i'd suggest seperate entrances to check they don't bring in food and just use the parks to take up space to have their home cooked meal in nice surroundings. I'd also designate them certain areas that they cannot enter - especially sheltered seat areas, so the rest of us don't have to scramble around looking for seating but can't because locals have bought in their microwaved meals and put the meals on those seats.

Furthermore i'd also ban them from congragating around the castle to see fireworks - if you are a local why on earth would you want to take up space to see the fireworks for the hundredth time, as the high spending tourist has to stand by the monorail to get a glimpse (probably).

Something needs to be done.

Why should they just get to go every day, take in their picnics, and just contribute to long queues, then go home at the end of the day. Whilst the long suffering tourists, pays a premium for hotels, buys merch, eats on Disney property, and spends alot as they're on holiday. And furthermore Disney gives them a discount for all the misery they contribute!

A complete disgrace.
…I need to get the paramedics over to your house, stat!

Gillyanne

They allowed upgrades over phone or in person but not online until now.

So in 2022 you could upgrade a Florida resident to a super duper pass that wasn’t sold for years?
Hmmm

Previous rounds and pass types yes, but in my experience this isn't how it was for these most recent types.

When we renewed my step-fathers pass, they explicitly told us, we could not upgrade it later unless the other passes became available. IIRC when we did his we called, both in the whole I could never remember the renew part was under profile and not tickets, and b/c we were going from a grandfathered type into the new ones, we may or may not have needed to downgrade (I don't recall if he already had weekday select or not, he now has pixie).

HOWEVER, for all of our passes, when it has come time to renew, the drop down did allow you to change the pass type, so we could go Pixie to Pirate, Sorcerer or Incredi if we wanted to. I'm currently in a renewal window and this was the case each time I've checked the last few weeks. I'm currently debating if I want to go from Pixie to Pirate (just can't decide if I really want to actually go on weekend though?)

NelleBelle

Ugh...progress bar still not to half way 😩 Wondering if I'll make it in the next 3-hrs before I have to take my son to school and sit in traffic for an hour?! I don't trust my DH to sit and baby-sit my computer while he's working!

Ayla

Disney IT strikes again...I wonder how much of the $17 Billion in investment can make a website that works
Why would they invest anything into IT when people CONTINUE to throw money at them for their terrible service?! They don't need to invest anything, based on these drooling posts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom