News Walt Disney World theme parks increase capacity but see longer waits and less physical distancing

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some terrible queue spacing at Animal Kingdom. This is the overflow queue using Nemo for Everest.

The hold points are exactly in line with each other, leaving just a 2 feet space between them.

IMG_5537.jpeg

IMG_5536.jpeg

IMG_5534.jpeg

Last edited:

UNCgolf

FWIW, Disney has stopped admitting guests into the standby line at Runaway Railway today. This may be one way they're going control lines this coming weekend. The idea is that if you can't get into a capped line at at popular ride, you'll move to a ride into which you can get in line.

Which is a faulty assumption. I'm sure that will be the case for some guests, but there are a lot of guests who are only interested in certain rides and aren't going to hop into another line just because. I certainly wouldn't get in a 45 minute line for a ride I don't care about just to be in a line.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
FWIW, Disney has stopped admitting guests into the standby line at Runaway Railway today. This may be one way they're going control lines this coming weekend. The idea is that if you can't get into a capped line at at popular ride, you'll move to a ride into which you can get in line.

People could always stand at a distance from the capped line to wait for it to reopen. Just create a line to join the re-opened line!!

JoeCamel

Only line I would be in is guest relations

techgeek

It seems at the Studios there are two good solutions to the line issue:

A) Decrease overall park capacity
B) Open more show / attraction capacity

Anything else, including closing lines or taking a portion of them virtual, is just going to shove the problem around.

dmw

In the Parks
No
It seems at the Studios there are two good solutions to the line issue:

A) Decrease overall park capacity
B) Open more show / attraction capacity

Anything else, including closing lines or taking a portion of them virtual, is just going to shove the problem around.
It's going to take a long time for HS to have the attraction capacity needed. To move from a "working studios" model with high-capacity shows, lengthy attractions (original backstage tours), etc. to a theme park of mostly "short duration" ride type attractions and some shows takes a lot of time and money. And, as new attractions are added, they have the downside of adding excitement of something new that brings in more people. Eventually, I think a balance can be achieved but it will take many more years.

JohnD

Some terrible queue spacing at Animal Kingdom. This is the overflow queue using Nemo for Everest.

The hold points are exactly in line with each other, leaving just a 2 feet space between them.

View attachment 508514

View attachment 508517

View attachment 508518

I get your point about this queue. But it's not that way at every queue. I was there last week and I saw other queues where appropriate distancing is not just in front and behind but across as well.

YodaMan

FYI this happens very often. Almost daily. When they run out of queue space at Center Stage they literally have no choice but to stop allowing access to the queue until the line clears some and then reopen it later.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I get your point about this queue. But it's not that way at every queue. I was there last week and I saw other queues where appropriate distancing is not just in front and behind but across as well.
Yes most are correctly done, this is an example of one that is not.

JohnD

Yes most are correctly done, this is an example of one that is not.

The interesting thing is at some queues, like MMRR, you don't need to be roped off anymore especially in the open area in front of the Chinese Theatre. They just expect you to follow the "Wait here signs". And we do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom