Walt Disney World Resort Television Programming.....It can be ALOT better!

radiohost

Original Poster
Imagine...Your sitting in your hotel room on property, whether its in the Deluxe confines of the Grand Floridian or the cost saving magic of All Star Resorts. You just spent a long, fun filled day of being swept into the world of Disney; a day spent where you "Left the world behind, and entered a world of yesterday, today and fantasy". Magic surrounded in sights and sounds touched every sense and emotion in your body. And tomorrow, you'll do it all again!

But where does the magic end?

Does it really have to?

You can find "magic" all over the hotels, whether its in the lobby or hidden mickeys on the path to your hotel room....but, what about the room itself? Beautiful in sight and touch no doubt, but what can be done to continue this "magic"???

It will surely end if you turn on CNN or any other programming. Not that there's anything wrong with that. No doubt guests will want to catch up on things outside of Disney when they return to there rooms, whether its on television or Internet. But wouldn't it be nice if you had programming on select channels that continued to provide the Disney magic?

We have these "trailer shows" that give guests opportunity to learn more about the parks before they begin there day "Top 7 Must See, DVC etc." And we do have a Disney Cartoon Channel, which sadly isn't offered at every resort. So what do we truly have, or more importantly, what can we truly have?

I fully believe that the fun would never be finished if guests were offered truly Disney oriented programming in EVERY Disney Resort hotel! Whether its classic Disney Animated films On-Demand or Classic "Vault Disney" type of programming. Adults and children alike would relish this programming. Can you imagine the thought that guests would give if they asked there families "Should we stay on-site or off-site" and the reply being "ON-Site!! They have those shows on there resort TV!!!"

We know that all guests have there very own unique traditions while vacationing here (Breakfast at the Castle, turkey leg for lunch, etc.)....this resort TV programming idea could be a new one. "I love laying in bed watching a Disney movie after going to the parks" would be a compliment hotel managers would start hearing immediately after this programming begins. There is never such a thing as to not have opportunities to "WOW" a guest...this would be one of them.

Radiohost:cool:

fireworkz

Agreed it could be a lot better. On demand seems to be a no-brainer to offer more Disney to you while they make some extra money.

I also don't see why the channel that shows the "Trailer" as you called it doesn't also offer a segment recorded with a CM each morning listing events and times for that day, plus maybe a special tip for the day (that actually changes daily unlike what they used to have a few years back). This daily segment can be shown between each loop of the promo video.

Bairstow

Is there some way to get the Family Man inducted as a Disney Legend?
He definitely deserves it more than Tim freaking Allen.
http://www.familyautomart.com/
wheelinanddealingadfjgn.jpg

We should start a petition.

_Scar

As long as I can watch Appliance Direct commercials I'm happy.

I LOVE APPLIANCES!!! :sohappy:

this guy is local to me and he has a channel that he's on (community channel I think
0 where he runs loops of all of his commercials. It's the most painful hour of television. Painfully funny.

It's sorta Wakkie-Nu-Nu

Wilt Dasney

I'd prefer they bring back the WDW radio station and fill it with '30s style "live" big band music and "breaking" bulletins to do with attractions and characters. I don't know why exactly, but that idea just came to me and sounds more fun than cartoons on demand. :lol:

mpaul32001

Do live feeds of the American Idol Experience, or at least the finale show. I don't think it would be too hard...Let resort guests text in their votes...haha!

kimmychad

Do live feeds of the American Idol Experience, or at least the finale show. I don't think it would be too hard...Let resort guests text in their votes...haha!

I couldn't see disney allowing guests to participate in a theme park attraction without paying to get in to a theme park.

mpaul32001

I couldn't see disney allowing guests to participate in a theme park attraction without paying to get in to a theme park.

They paid to stay on resort, I could at least see them doing the finale show on resort tv, being interactive. It would be a cool little perk.

cymbaldiva

They could always bring back the "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip For Today!" :)

I absolutely loved that!!! :sohappy:

That said, Disney could also actually provide decent cable, so I can watch my shows once I'm in the room ... I vacationed in Aruba in January and the resort offered wayyyyyyy better programing than the Disney resorts do...

Just sayin... :shrug:

_Scar

They could always bring back the "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Tip For Today!" :)

YES!

I am in complrete love with that loop!

This loop seemed much more genuine and memorable than Stacy's (or whoever she is) top 7. Plus, we all know there is much more than 7 things they should be advertising. I also liked how each park had it's certain style and unique music, voices, etc. 4 distinct parks presented as 4 distinct parks. That's how it should be *ahem, Disney Parks*

captainkidd

I started a thread about this very same thing last month after getting back. Resort TV absolutely stinks now. My guess is, they purposely make it crappy so you don't spend time in your room, but spend time at the parks spending money. Of course, given that we pay to stay at the resorts, this is bogus, but it's Disney.

There is so little in the way of decent Disney programming on the TV, we bring a DVD player, hook it up, and watch Disney movies or cartoons. For some unknown stupid reason, they cut off the Channel 96 classic cartoon loop from most resorts. They got rid of Bedtime Stories. The new Must Do show with Stacy is awful.

As others have said, do an On-Demand station. Bring back the classic cartoons. Have a 24 hour Playhouse Disney station. Have a station dedicated only to showing the resorts. Wouldn't this make sense when it came to trying to get people to book their next WDW vacation?

dxwwf3

I would settle for just bringing in a show that I feel like I need to turn my TV on as soon as I get in the room to watch. Tip For Today was the best, but the ones from the early 90's were fantastic as well. I haven't wanted to watch Resort TV since the Top 7 style of show was introduced. It's horrible.

mastif

They paid to stay on resort, I could at least see them doing the finale show on resort tv, being interactive. It would be a cool little perk.

I think that would be a great Idea, I don't think it would be hard either. If I was at one of the filmings and knew that it was being broadcast to all the resorts other than just the big screen in front of the building, I think it would be that much better! Kinda make if feel like it was a "real" show that people are actually watching somewhere on tv.

Also, I don't mind the new top 7 or whatever with Stacy, but I'm getting tired of it. If they don't add more channels, or more of a variety of quality shows, I wish they would just up what they have now. Maybe find stacy a co-host, or get rid of her all together. How long has stacy been on? I feel like the last 3or4 times I was there, It was the same top 7 show. I'd like to see something new next time I go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom