News Walt Disney World raises the cost of parking at the theme parks October 2023

JoeCamel

Be nice if this money was reinvested into the parks instead of trying to subsidize the failing studios and streaming divisions
Nah, it has to pay the $15 an hour parking CMs plus did you hear trams are running again? The price of Diesel is $4 a gallon and......

Twirlnhurl

The signs have said $30 for a while. I could have sworn this increase happened in August.

The guys up the road charge the same.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As I said in the other thread, the next move Disney will make is to section off the lots, and the closer you are to the gates, the more you will pay to park…they do it at stadiums all around the country, they’ll do it at the mouse house next…

ETA: I know there is already preferred parking which is more expensive, but every lot will be priced accordingly to it’s proximity to the gate.
They'd need a team of parkers in each lot to do that -- that's headcount and I imagine any scheme that increases headcount gets an automatic "no."

I really don't get this; we are living in inflation times, and I see that the cost of food and drinks could go up and it cost more to ship things with fuel prices and then take in people not wanting to work and cutbacks all around. So, my question, how can a piece of land with thousands of lines for parking increase? It has no service that it needs to run and has probably paid itself off 100 times over. Could it be the trams that pick people up in the parking lot to go to the main gate and back to their cars cause the rate change? Now is it the cast members that work the parking lot and drive the trams getting a pay raise that increased the price of parking? Could this be a nickel and dime thing just trying to create extra revenue? Either way I just think it's bad policy for the guests of Disney. Doesn't everyone pay enough to go on vacation there.

Smiley/OCD

I really don't get this; we are living in inflation times, and I see that the cost of food and drinks could go up and it cost more to ship things with fuel prices and then take in people not wanting to work and cutbacks all around. So, my question, how can a piece of land with thousands of lines for parking increase? It has no service that it needs to run and has probably paid itself off 100 times over. Could it be the trams that pick people up in the parking lot to go to the main gate and back to their cars cause the rate change? Now is it the cast members that work the parking lot and drive the trams getting a pay raise that increased the price of parking? Could this be a nickel and dime thing just trying to create extra revenue? Either way I just think it's bad policy for the guests of Disney. Doesn't everyone pay enough to go on vacation there.
Not to give a “snarky” answer, but the reason is: because they can, and we, the sheep will pay it…

Smiley/OCD

Not to give a “snarky” answer, but the reason is: because they can, and we, the sheep will pay it…
EVERYTHING that Iger said the mouse was doing wrong when he assumed his “fiefdom” yet again was just BS…he stopped charging for parking at the resorts, everyone cheered, the dust settled, and the price increases just continued as normal. As much as my wife and I LOVE WDW, we can’t afford it any more…our last trip was December 2022, and that’s it for the foreseeable future.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Iger was never gonna stop price increases… you all are just grasping at anything now.

As long as they stick with the free hotel parking i say they are making sense

Tha Realest

Short answer: Because less people are coming than last year, and in order to keep relative profits up they squeeze more out of those willing to pay. Having lost in terms of sheer numbers, the difference must be made up somehow

TheMaxRebo

because they look at it overall as needing to increase revenue (to cover increased expenses but also, hopefully, increase profits) - this is a way to do it.

They don't just look at "oh, cost of X went up by 5% so we will increase price of just that item by 5%" - it is overall view and they need to increase topline where it can be bared/demand will support

JMcMahonEsq

What are you talking about??? Price increases made by for profit businesses are in now way obligated to be tied to inflation. You raise prices when the market will bear it, in order to increase profits. The whole point of a business is to increase revenue. And when you can increase revenue with little to no offsetting costs, all the better.

Dranth

Be nice if this money was reinvested into the parks instead of trying to subsidize the failing studios and streaming divisions
These things go in cycles and there have been times the studios had to prop up the parks and times the parks held everything together. Without both Disney doesn't exist as they would have gone under or been swallowed whole more than once so not only should they pull money from one to help the other, it would be business malpractice not to.

As for streaming, it is always messy when switching distribution models but we (the public) basically demanded it by cutting the cord. Either way it will be in the black soon enough so at the very least it won't be taking anything from the Parks.

As for the parking price hike it's really not surprising at all. It basically hits the people who stay off site only as anyone else going would still park for free. I also expect we will see similar increases in the other Florida parks soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom