News Walt Disney World raises the cost of parking at the theme parks October 2023

TheMaxRebo

I’m guessing those resort rack rates are going to increase by a little more than $5/day

Sure, and then they will have more and more discounts as well

Just think in general it is "smart" of them to make staying in property as attractive as possible so people will pay the higher cost for it (more perks need to come back)

Tha Realest

Just think in general it is "smart" of them to make staying in property as attractive as possible so people will pay the higher cost for it (more perks need to come back)
That presumes they make it relatively frictionless to apply those discounts. Which, has not been my general experience, or they’re unavailable during the window many try and plan a trip (6-12 months out)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

If only some people around here could tell us how those resort bookings have been recently even with the recent discount offers... 🤔

TheMaxRebo

If only some people around here could tell us how those resort bookings have been recently even with the recent discount offers... 🤔

of course they have been down - which is why adding things to make staying on property more attractive is smart of them to do

Hopefully that also includes adding other perks (bringing things missing back) - maybe with the changes to come to G+ it will include a benefit to onsite guests (prebooking, etc)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
of course they have been down - which is why adding things to make staying on property more attractive is smart of them to do

Hopefully that also includes adding other perks (bringing things missing back) - maybe with the changes to come to G+ it will include a benefit to onsite guests (prebooking, etc)
first time GIF

DisneyCane

From what I saw, estimates are 30-40% of guest stay on property

So let's call it 65% of guests off property have to drive or uber/shuttle

160,000 guests per day across all 4 parks (per 2021 figures)

104,000 guests not on site

let's say 50% of those drive and 4 people per car

13k cars per day (I think this is conservative, the MK lot can hold 12k by itself)

but even on that figure, $5 increase is a $65k increase per day or a $23,725,000 per year
The average will probably be less than 4 per car but you are also leaving out the percentage that are APs who drive so it probably makes the math work out ok.

UNCgolf

Wait until the bean counters come up with the idea of taking the free parking at Disney Springs away too..

Even if Disney had the ability to do this, they likely wouldn't -- it would hurt business for the tenants at Disney Springs.

They could offer validation at the DS businesses for free parking, but then almost no one would pay to park anyways because they'd get validated somewhere and it would just be additional hassle for guests/costs for Disney with little benefit.

Smiley/OCD

As I said in the other thread, the next move Disney will make is to section off the lots, and the closer you are to the gates, the more you will pay to park…they do it at stadiums all around the country, they’ll do it at the mouse house next…

ETA: I know there is already preferred parking which is more expensive, but every lot will be priced accordingly to it’s proximity to the gate.

Tha Realest

Can they remove the free parking perk? I believe they have parking included for the resorts in their deeds? To have APs pay for park parking theyd have to do the same to non-DVC quests, correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom