News Walt Disney World plans to close its food trucks including locations at Disney Springs

JohnD

Here's what they could do: Invite third party food truck vendors in the area to utilize those spaces. Foods trucks are a thing now. They're all over my home town. I'm certain there are food truck companies all over the Orlando area who would leap at the opportunity. There would be a little of bit of logistics - keeping a schedule of which trucks when, for example. Disney saves money but still provides an economic impact to the area by allowing other food truck vendors in to sell food.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Here's what they could do: Invite third party food truck vendors in the area to utilize those spaces. Foods trucks are a thing now. They're all over my home town. I'm certain there are food truck companies all over the Orlando area who would leap at the opportunity. There would be a little of bit of logistics - keeping a schedule of which trucks when, for example. Disney saves money but still provides an economic impact to the area by allowing other food truck vendors in to sell food.
The article already states that more third party trucks should be filling in for the Disney trucks that are closing.

celluloid

Food trucks typically exist so they can be mobile and are not typically a company that is willing to invest in a permanent establishment in the location it is selling.

What Disney would charge them for rent is the problem where it cuts out many they could invite.

They are not going to likely give them free space out of the kindness of their heart.

Their own food carts was an asthetic choice for foodies more than it really was being as.mobile as most food trucks. The illusion of a constant festival.

They may get a few but the third party willing to pay rent would be far more rare.

Drdcm

Food trucks typically exist so they can be mobile and are not typically a company that is willing to invest in a permanent establishment in the location it is selling.

What Disney would charge them for rent is the problem where it cuts out many they could invite.

They are not going to likely give them free space out of the kindness of their heart.

Their own food carts was an asthetic choice for foodies more than it really was being as.mobile as most food trucks. The illusion of a constant festival.

They may get a few but the third party willing to pay rent would be far more rare.
Yeah, I doubt they will have traditional food trucks, and more likely local restaurants that permanently rent the space and cook/distribute food from a truck - so not the small mom and pop places that literally only use food trucks.

celluloid

Yeah, I doubt they will have traditional food trucks, and more likely local restaurants that permanently rent the space and cook/distribute food from a truck - so not the small mom and pop places that literally only use food trucks.

There is likely a small pool of those places who are willing to rent what Disney charges.

If it were the case, Disney would not have had to operate their own for so long.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Are the Fort Wilderness trucks Disney operated or third party? I liked that they brought different options and Trails End is still ambiguous.

Lilofan

Food trucks at the Run Disney start / finish line did brisk business Jan and Feb race weekends at WDW.

Smiley/OCD

I’m still waiting to see Chappie running a Sabrett’s DWD truck…with the yellow and blue striped umbrella duct taped to the back door…

celluloid

Food trucks at the Run Disney start / finish line did brisk business Jan and Feb race weekends at WDW.
Perfect kind of thing for runner's metabalism and a temporary set up.

Do you think they charge them the same rate for one day of a once in awhile event(s) that are Run Disney compared to Disney Springs daily? Not really comparable.

Lilofan

A cut is a cut though. I didn’t personally care that Off-Kilter was cut, but I knew what it represented was a huge negative for quality live entertainment.

It’s less Disney-operated food services at downtown Disney and likely represents other cuts that are being made at the parks.
Disney Springs is like a place in Disney where a number of businesses and staff are not affiliated with Disney. One aspect that saves $$ for Disney is not putting these folks on the payroll and if they get hurt on the job and workers compensation claims kick in, it is not going to come out of Disney's profits. Third party vendors are the ones responsible for their staff.

TrainsOfDisney

Disney Springs is like a place in Disney where a number of businesses and staff are not affiliated with Disney. One aspect that saves $$ for Disney is not putting these folks on the payroll and if they get hurt on the job and workers compensation claims kick in, it is not going to come out of Disney's profits. Third party vendors are the ones responsible for their staff.
yes, which is why this is a cut. Just like off-kilter which I used in my example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom