Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

joejccva71

Yes but remember those attractions are operating at roughly half capacity, sometimes lower. They also have to close for periodic cleanings further reducing capacity. Many attractions and entertainment options around the park are closed which increases demand at what’s open.

There are certainly people in the parks and some modest lines for certain attractions for portions of the day. But you are still generally looking at attendance that is less than 20% of typical.

That's actually a good point, and didn't think about that.

Djsfantasi

If you don't live in Florida I can tell you honestly you don't know the truth.

Why not? I may not live in Florida, but I travel there frequently. A dozen life-long friends live there. One works at WDW. Another couple lives nearby and has an AA for decades. The others are mostly Disney fans. Others report to me what their daily life is.

I can tell you honestly that you have no idea what I know.

Djsfantasi

Hi, I’m from the NY tristate area and I can tell you that comparatively speaking, no it’s not.

In my humble opinion, you’re wrong.

So far, everything stated is opinion. There have been no facts to back it up.

Here’s one fact. Today, Florida and Georgia reported record number of deaths.

Since this sub-thread is totally subjective AND off-topic, this is my last post here.

legwand77

Since this sub-thread is totally subjective AND off-topic, this is my last post here.

4x times more people dying is having a better handle on it? Ok

Lilofan

Why not? I may not live in Florida, but I travel there frequently. A dozen life-long friends live there. One works at WDW. Another couple lives nearby and has an AA for decades. The others are mostly Disney fans. Others report to me what their daily life is.

I can tell you honestly that you have no idea what I know.
A friend of mine who lives in FL informed me that a cast member who works in the parks recently passed due to Covid.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

Fact Number of deaths are not opinion. Fact Government response in NY and NJ was a direct factor in a large number of those deaths. Fact These two states have had more deaths than all of the others.

eliza61nyc

Hi, I’m from the NY tristate area and I can tell you that comparatively speaking, no it’s not.
Lol
Sorry for laughing but your actually using that as a yardstick and patting yourself (figuratively) on the back as a job well done?
So a successful response is as long as we don't have as many deaths as NY??

Jeez so how about instead we try " we saw what happened in NY/NJ, how about we not do that"

CrimsonPixie

I'm reposting something I wrote on a different thread.

Below are some photo's from my son's trip July 19-23 (Sunday to Thursday).

Multiple headliner rides were walk-on. He experienced Flights of Passage 5 times (was even allowed to cut through the FP+ line at one point), Smuggler's Run 5 times, Test Track 3 times, Space Mountain 5 times, Rock n Roller Coaster 5 times, Expedition Everest 5 times. For most, it was a matter of his group simply getting bored with the attraction and deciding to move on.

Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Train was the longest line, followed by Slinky Dog Dash. (This last because it was down for most of the day.)

Crowds were light throughout the trip, with Disney Hollywood Studios feeling the most crowded, by far.

As his photos show, it was possible to encounter moments of modest crowds but also see the parks nearly empty, with many of his contrasting photos taken within an hour of each other.

These give you a sense of what it was like for my son during his weekday trip in mid-July. This is what Disney is dealing with at the moment. Just imagine what September is going to be like.

Epcot Sunday Evening:

View attachment 489610

Bridge Leaving Pandora Monday Morning:

View attachment 489611

Leaving Animal Kingdom Monday at 5:30 PM:

View attachment 489613

Magic Kingdom Tuesday Opening:

View attachment 489614

Walkway To Tomorrowland Tuesday Noon:

View attachment 489615

Waiting for Rise Of The Resistance Wednesday at 1 PM:

View attachment 489616

Galaxy's Edge 1 Hour Later:

View attachment 489621

Disney's Hollywood Studios Wednesday Afternoon:

View attachment 489622

One of the more crowded images of Disney's Hollywood Studios (according to my son):

View attachment 489623
Thank you so much for those pictures. We’re going September 13th through the 19th staying at Beach Club Villas. (Side note-Can anyone explain to me why Stormalong Bay Pool will not be open?🤔 If ALL pools everywhere we’re close I could understand but, with limited guests, social distancing, masks, and tons of chlorine. I don’t understand. They’re saying we can use the boardwalk pool or we can use the small quiet/leisure pool at our resort. I can’t find any information on it. An actual reason why, other than just saying it will be closed. Is it possible the NBA will be taking it over?😡) I couldn’t cancel or reschedule, I booked renting DVC points. I’ve done this numerous times and I understood the possibilities/consequences of what could happen depending on circumstances. But, I don’t think anybody could’ve predicted any of this chaos.😳I was much more worried about hurricanes. I understand many people wouldn’t go right now. My son is going to propose to his girlfriend and for so many reasons this was supposed to be extremely magical. Yes, I’m very disappointed in the reduction of park hours. Not so much that they’re reduced but the times they’ve chosen to reduced them. I agree with how magical it is in the evening and by the way, cooler in temp and visually. Unfortunately, this will be our last Disney trip for so many reasons, I don’t know where to start.😤😭 So, to me this is a very important trip. Whether you’re going or not It’s an absolute personal decision. I wish everybody’s trip to be magical because we all look at our trips/celebrations and need something different. I hope for everyone that they can feel that magic. I hope I can too.🥺My brain cannot wrap around figuring out numbers because I’m too emotionally invested and luckily I didn’t purchase an AP, almost did.😏 We will make the absolute best of it and be down at Disney Springs or at a pool in the evening. I just hope for no more changes.😣 I’m not sure how much more I can handle while trying to make the best of everything.😬
Thank you ahead of time for any info. I really appreciate it.
Best of Luck to everyone in this Crazy Disney Journey.😁

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Thank you so much for those pictures. We’re going September 13th through the 19th staying at Beach Club Villas. (Side note-Can anyone explain to me why Stormalong Bay Pool will not be open?🤔 If ALL pools everywhere we’re close I could understand but, with limited guests, social distancing, masks, and tons of chlorine. I don’t understand. They’re saying we can use the boardwalk pool or we can use the small quiet/leisure pool at our resort. I can’t find any information on it. An actual reason why, other than just saying it will be closed. Is it possible the NBA will be taking it over?😡) I couldn’t cancel or reschedule, I booked renting DVC points. I’ve done this numerous times and I understood the possibilities/consequences of what could happen depending on circumstances. But, I don’t think anybody could’ve predicted any of this chaos.😳I was much more worried about hurricanes. I understand many people wouldn’t go right now. My son is going to propose to his girlfriend and for so many reasons this was supposed to be extremely magical. Yes, I’m very disappointed in the reduction of park hours. Not so much that they’re reduced but the times they’ve chosen to reduced them. I agree with how magical it is in the evening and by the way, cooler in temp and visually. Unfortunately, this will be our last Disney trip for so many reasons, I don’t know where to start.😤😭 So, to me this is a very important trip. Whether you’re going or not It’s an absolute personal decision. I wish everybody’s trip to be magical because we all look at our trips/celebrations and need something different. I hope for everyone that they can feel that magic. I hope I can too.🥺My brain cannot wrap around figuring out numbers because I’m too emotionally invested and luckily I didn’t purchase an AP, almost did.😏 We will make the absolute best of it and be down at Disney Springs or at a pool in the evening. I just hope for no more changes.😣 I’m not sure how much more I can handle while trying to make the best of everything.😬
Thank you ahead of time for any info. I really appreciate it.
Best of Luck to everyone in this Crazy Disney Journey.😁
Disney cancelled the re-opening of the Beach Club resort indefinitely now. The Yacht Club side is scheduled to re-open after the NBA leaves. I don’t think they are going to open the feature pool without both BC and YC open considering the high cost to operate. They have a quiet pool on the YC side and a pool in front of the BCV building for guests to use. It sucks, but demand just isn’t there right now to open all the resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom