Walt Disney World Park Hours cut starting September 8 2020

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Mardi Gras overlaps with President's Day this year and that's usually a big combo. Add in that there's no Mardi Gras at all but schools are still largely out for the entire week.

We considered MG week but declined out of fear of bringing back covid and forcing a quarrantine in our kids' classes. We'd feel terrible forcing paths to scramble for child care if we brought covid into a classroom. We visited before Christmas because they had enough time to home quarantine before starting again in January. I suspect there are a lot of families like us that are pushing back trips from spring to summer or later.

legwand77

Something close to 95% of my relatives were either born there or still live there, Live Free or Die is in the DNA. Only state in the nation without a seatbelt mandate for adults.
Was up there last week or so, while they have one, lets just say mask mandate is not really in play there either.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Something close to 95% of my relatives were either born there or still live there, Live Free or Die is in the DNA. Only state in the nation without a seatbelt mandate for adults.
Yeah...I get the green mountain boy thing...but I bet most wear their seatbelts as they drive over state lines to the SAWX games...just a hunch.

No problems with New England - by the way - but they wouldn’t be caught dead in Indiana...no matter the Gerry Callahan bluster talk.

legwand77

I menat all C19 cases, which are in decline. I know about the "variants" but they are no more dangerous and the vaccines are work just the same for them. Also Florida is in the lead because they have been sequencing longer than other states, other states will catch up quick

Figgy1

Premium Member
I menat all C19 cases, which are in decline. I know about the "variants" but they are no more dangerous and the vaccines are work just the same for them. Also Florida is in the lead because they have been sequencing longer than other states, other states will catch up quick
You do know some of the above groups I've mentioned are already have various travel restrictions

legwand77

I am just curious what your medical degree is in?
Ha snark, here is some docs, scientist and there are plenty more, just a few from a quick search

Dayton 24/7 Now News asked Dr. Roberto Colon, with Premier Health, if cases and hospitalizations will increase because of the U.K. variant, bringing the worst of the pandemic.

“While it is a concern, I have not seen any evidence so far that shows it’s going to happen, but this virus has surprised us many times before,” said Colon. “So, we never say never when it comes to COVID.”

Colon said there is no evidence suggesting that at this point the variant is deadlier.

Here is fauci saying the vaccines work quite effectively

Fauci said the B.1.1.7 variant could be the dominant version present in the U.S. by the end of March, and that the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are "quite effective against the 1.1.7 lineage."

Fauci also is saying the UK variant might be a bit more deadly but it is still just very early evidence and up for debate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom