Walt Disney World of Yesteryear......what would you want back??

CUMBY

I know people miss horizens but it's for the best and untill people experience mission space nobody will know if it was a good or bad decision.

NowInc

Originally posted by CUMBY
I know people miss horizens but it's for the best and untill people experience mission space nobody will know if it was a good or bad decision.

Eh...maybe...I dont totally agree with that tho. I mean..I enjoy poohs honey hunt..but I will ALWAYS miss Mr.Toads....

Lance

Yup, I disagree with this also.

- WoM, ya that had to go, it was the automotive SE.
- Mr. Toad, ya that had to go.
- 20,000, had to go so DLP could have their nautilus for an exhibit.

- Horizons didn't have to go. It was taken from us. I'm all for M:S, I don't like the way Horizons was handled.

Brett

No matter if Mission Space knocks your socks off, nothing will ever replace my favorite ride at EPCOT. It's just like if somebody took out 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea and then didn't do anything with the lot for years on end. Wait.....

Belle13

What would I want back?

Well, definitely Mr Toad's Wild Ride
the Original Journey to Your Imagination and the original area that used to be featured after it.
PO-R to still be called Dixie Landings
Fultons to recognize the original name of that boat "The Empress Lily" to commemorate Lillian Disney
The Swan Boats---they were so elegant
River Country
Adventureland Veranda

I like everything that they have done in improvements, and really can't complain. I just miss those other things, and wish they could've found a way to incorporate it all.

MGM WDWFan

You can still see all of the futuristic logos if you go to www.michaelcrawford.com and click on his WEBCOT links.

I would like to see Horizons and World of Motion back, as well as 20000 Leagues. I went on all of these rides when i was too young to appreciate them, and now I find that I really miss them.

Oh yeah....and I wish I had taken some photos when the skyway was still around.

--MGM

GhostlyGal1001

I definately miss Mr. Toad, If You Had Wings, Horizons, and the Mickey Mouse Revue. Also they should return the Tiki Birds to the original show. . . :(

Monorail Pneumatic Doors

I dont know if I would really want this back, because it was not the most efficient, but I miss the days of the older Mark trains where the station attendant would do a pass and slam the doors closed.......and then when the opened the compressed air released very loudly signaling your time to get out...just memories as a kid.....

Dizknee_Phreek

for the best? uhh, yeah...i bet people said the same thing about JII during its transformation (destruction) stages. not saying MS will be bad, but NO ONE will know if the downfall of Horizons was for better or worse. but either way, people will still miss it and want it back. memories will always, ALWAYS outweigh logic!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek

for the best? uhh, yeah...i bet people said the same thing about JII during its transformation (destruction) stages. not saying MS will be bad, but NO ONE will know if the downfall of Horizons was for better or worse until we ride MS. but either way, people will still miss it and want it back. memories will always, ALWAYS outweigh logic!

so sorry! didn't mean to reply to my last message...i meant to edit. :) obvioulsly WAY past my bedtime!

Sheri

Originally posted by Angelique
See if you want Mr. Toad's Wild Ride you are just going to have to come to California to visit it. *smiles sweetly*

As for what I miss.. I miss something I've only heard about. The Wildhorse Saloon in PI. I miss that cause they replaced it with stupid Motions which makes my head spin. And cause I like line dancing (knows this is going to insure you all think she's insane). Hey I'm sure I'm not the only one the flashing lights at Motion gives headaches to...

Angelique

Ugh, I've been dragged in there probably 3 times (which is 3 tims more then I would have liked to be there, hehe)...Personally I didn't like it, but I don't like country music so it's kinda typical I wouldn't like it...no offence or anything

Lhriangel

Oohh.. I didn't get to go there cause that's what they replaced Motions with *blah* Okay sorry totally lost.. brain tired.. need chocolate and SLEEP and hot guys but I can only have the first two. lol.

Tramp

Walt Disney World of Yesteryear......what would I want back??

How about this guy?

Attachments

• walt.jpg
    walt.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 64

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom