Walt Disney World now twinned with....err Swindon?

EPCOTPluto

A special Swindon exhibition will also run next year at Disney's Epcot theme park, although it is not known what the display will contain.
Wait, what would be displayed then? Anyone from Swindon to explain any ideas? :lookaroun

NMBC1993

Hey, maybe they'll move the twin town to PI when they are finished at Epcot so we'll actually have something to go in that area.

Wilson-uk

It was my girlfriends entry that won! so we are back off to the world in Feb! :)
No idea what it will contain. I guess it will be the history of the town.
I think a lot of it was based on the entry not just the town.

_Scar

It was my girlfriends entry that won! so we are back off to the world in Feb! :)

:eek::veryconfu

really? or is this a joke?

jakeman

How pathetic, is Disney really this desperate.
Why is this pathetic?

Towns all over America are "sister cities" with other towns all over the world.

While the article states Walt Disney World, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't really Lake Buena Vista participating in the program.

DisneyCanadian

Why is this pathetic?

While the article states Walt Disney World, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't really Lake Buena Vista participating in the program.

Yes, it's true most cities of twin or sister cities. However, these twin/sister cities have something in common, they may share a similar economic activities, architecture, population size, but this one is a brain scratcher.

I looked in Wiki and it seems to be an old rail town home to a "magic" round about, and they have a large Polish community.

Don't mean to sound condescending or rude, but could someone explain this selection in further detail, apart from an entry to a contest.

friendofafriend

Yes, it's true most cities of twin or sister cities. However, these twin/sister cities have something in common, they may share a similar economic activities, architecture, population size, but this one is a brain scratcher.

I looked in Wiki and it seems to be an old rail town home to a "magic" round about, and they have a large Polish community.

Don't mean to sound condescending or rude, but could someone explain this selection in further detail, apart from an entry to a contest.

No there is no futher explanation, the entry to the contest is why it was picked. I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it. WDW is not a city, they can pick whoever they want to be their twin. A lot of work and effort went into the video, I don't see why she shouldn't have won. We don't know what other cities were in the running so I don't see how we can say that Swindon is not the most magical city that was entered. :shrug: People will complain about anything, what difference does it make to any of us if Swindon has a small exhibit in the UK Pavilion?- gee we might all just learn something!

s8film40

Why is this pathetic?

Hugh Wood, of Disney Destinations International, said: "Britain clearly has a love for Walt Disney World and long-standing affinity with the parks and their magic"

A similar sign will also be on display at the multiple roundabout in the West Country town.

This is just a really lame publicity stunt. It seems obvious to me that the sole purpose of this is to get WDW in the news specificly in the news of one of WDW's favorite segments the UK. And no it is not Lake Buena Vista it is WDW they made that abundantly clear in the article. It's not a good sign to see Disney stoop to this level.

Texas84

Well, I think it is a great story. Congratulations! I didn't quite make it to Swindon but I have been close. Stayed at the BOQ (Bachelor's Officers Quarters) at an RAF base on the way to Stonehenge. I thought it was a magical region with the history and the carvings in the hills. And the pubs were nice too! :wave:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Well nifty kittens!
Do you get any sort of prize package?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom