News Walt Disney World Monorail gets an upgraded sign at TTC, including undercarriage lighting effect

Jahona

It's cool that they added lighting. The transition of colors could be better. The delay from left to right as the colors change doesn't work for me. Gradient transition as a solid bar from one color to the next would be much more pleasing and less jarring.

Disstevefan1

I'm surprised they haven't done similar things in recent history.

Also, I'm very surprised they have avoided putting ads inside the monorails like the buses lol
I am not surprised they didn't do the wrap on the monorails, as they don't want to spend the money.

I fully expect them to put Ads in the monorails eventually. They have had them in the busses forever, right?

Goofyernmost

Amazing... My father used to have a strange but appropriate saying when someone was unpleasable. He'd calmly say "You'd B*tch if they hung you with a new rope". It's unacceptable that something isn't fixed the moment it breaks and yet after seeing the detail involved with the new one can say, probably with a straight face that it wasn't fixed quick enough or what about the million of other things that still need to be redone or repaired. All said after complaning as to why that it took so long to fix. Ask and answer your own question as to potential repair time needed.

Goofnut1980

Does it bother anyone else or just my OCD, that none of it is centered? The monorail is to the right, it should be centered over the O in Monorail... magic kingdom isnt in the center, its to the left. LOL

matt9112

I really dislike the undercarriage lighting. It reminds me of cars from the late 90's when customization and car audio was a thing. It actually makes the monorails look even older and outdated than they are.

First people still do that. I see a lot of big manly trucks jacked way up with lighting in there wheel wells for example. Two lighting never looks outdated if put in the proper concept. The monorails are sleek and honestly only look outdated from a style point of view if you say well these things have been here for ever.

As an additional point the 90s and 80s retro is very much in right now so even if you were correct it would be appropriate with the style direction of the now.

NelsonRD

First people still do that. I see a lot of big manly trucks jacked way up with lighting in there wheel wells for example. Two lighting never looks outdated if put in the proper concept. The monorails are sleek and honestly only look outdated from a style point of view if you say well these things have been here for ever.

As an additional point the 90s and 80s retro is very much in right now so even if you were correct it would be appropriate with the style direction of the now.
You got me. First, you made a perfect comparison argument relating the monorails with manly trucks that still have undercarriage lighting. Two, I now see this is a proper concept, whatever that means. As an additional point, it is now a cool styling choice because 90s and 80s retro is the now.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom