Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

RunningKoen

that would be amazing...however...what a logistical nightmare. plus...none of the parks are 6.2 miles big.

None of the current 6.2 races, or even the 3.1 races, have been fully into the parks. Each park has enough roads surrounding the parking areas to create a loop of 6.2 mile. runDisney isnt afraid of including some boring roads into the course, as you may recall ;-).

PolynesianPrincess

The courses are certified, roads have to be closed, LE hired to help with road closures, volunteers & medical staff for the different routes, hydration tables, multiple staging areas, etc. And trying to get those "choose your own park" to finish at Epcot? Think of all the runners who will want to run through GE.

I don't like to say never, but it ain't gonna happen.

As I said, I don't believe it either.

PolynesianPrincess

Or 7-9 in the Halfs.

I find the boring stretches of road at WDW even more boring than the boring stretches of road at the DL races. I felt like DL had some pretty solid on course entertainment when outside the parks (not Disney related but still pretty cool) plus running through Angel stadium was pretty cool. The long stretches at WDW are just awful! And YES, miles 7-9 during the half!! Oh Mylanta I almost quit this year during that stretch! It was so HOT and the sun radiating off the asphalt just made it so much worse!

RunningKoen

The long stretches at WDW are just awful! And YES, miles 7-9 during the half!! Oh Mylanta I almost quit this year during that stretch! It was so HOT and the sun radiating off the asphalt just made it so much worse!
The marathon has even more of those long and boring strechtes (The entire road sections to and from ESPN ...) with even worse heat this year. Well, probably the same but, but for way more time.

I can run most of the half marathon before sun is up enough to be very hot, but during the marathon? I was at 24-25K and it became a hell after that.

PolynesianPrincess

The marathon has even more of those long and boring strechtes (The entire road sections to and from ESPN ...) with even worse heat this year. Well, probably the same but, but for way more time.

I can run most of the half marathon before sun is up enough to be very hot, but during the marathon? I was at 24-25K and it became a hell after that.

I didn't do the marathon this year. Nope. I did it in 2018 and I'm one and done. I got my Dopey medal. I'm good lol Luckily the heat wasn't that bad last year.. We had those FREEZING cold mornings though for the 3 races prior to the marathon. I didn't even take off my throw away clothes during the 5k and 10k 😆 The day of the marathon it warmed up but still not that bad.

RunningKoen

so with my back/sciatica issues my chiropractor told me i may not be able to run multiple days in a row (read: dopey) again. this is devastating news :( I'm keeping my options open but it may be Dopey2021 now :(
So sad to hear!

My car probably needs quite expensive maintenance. Or I need a new one. Budget for WDW suddenly disappeared so I might have to go for 2021 aswell

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom