Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Anyone else pre-ordering any of the merchandise? I like the jacket!!

I did my usual pre-order: race weekend commerative pack (one with the shoe ornament), race pins (medal replica, I Did It, magnet) pack, jacket. And now the magicband. I like that you can now pre-order more merchandise. Now all I need to purchase at the Expo are the finisher shirts. Maybe they will add those to pre-order.

PolynesianPrincess

I did my usual pre-order: race weekend commerative pack (one with the shoe ornament), race pins (medal replica, I Did It, magnet) pack, jacket. And now the magicband. I like that you can now pre-order more merchandise. Now all I need to purchase at the Expo are the finisher shirts. Maybe they will add those to pre-order.

I haven't bought a jacket in recent years.. I think the last one I bought was 2016 Dumbo Double Dare! I was HOPING they had one for the 2016 Wine and Dine 10k in it's first year because Remy was the 10k theme but, ya know, all those things that were misspelled put a limit on all 10k merch! lol

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I haven't bought a jacket in recent years.. I think the last one I bought was 2016 Dumbo Double Dare! I was HOPING they had one for the 2016 Wine and Dine 10k in it's first year because Remy was the 10k theme but, ya know, all those things that were misspelled put a limit on all 10k merch! lol

I remember that. I got a jacket in the mail with the correct spelling. Ot maybe it was a t-shirt.

OG Runner

Any chance they can extend the course through either Animal Kingdom or Disney Studios to remove the "switch back".
I have to say, I really miss the race track. It was great to enter the track, do a loop, and leave a mile later.

wdwjmp239

Any chance they can extend the course through either Animal Kingdom or Disney Studios to remove the "switch back".
I have to say, I really miss the race track. It was great to enter the track, do a loop, and leave a mile later.
If they removed the Western Way segment and maybe have us do a mile lap around a parking lot somewhere...I would be perfectly OK with that. I just hate running that part.

Also, the entrance to ESPN Wide World of Sports - that was all torn up for the 2018 Disney Marathon (stepped on an imperfection in the road) and wound up injuring my left hamstring inside the ESPN Stadium right at Mile 20! I was having a really good run - nice, easy, and steady, and then everything fell apart at WWOS. I remember getting on the bus and massaging my leg and being so ticked off at myself because there was only a 10K left to the finish line. I'm coming back hard in 2021. Hopefully, the roads will be smoothed out by then (and they'll address the Western Way segment for a course redesign....which would be nice....maybe....or is that just wishful thinking?) ;)

OG Runner

If they removed the Western Way segment and maybe have us do a mile lap around a parking lot somewhere...I would be perfectly OK with that. I just hate running that part.

Also, the entrance to ESPN Wide World of Sports - that was all torn up for the 2018 Disney Marathon (stepped on an imperfection in the road) and wound up injuring my left hamstring inside the ESPN Stadium right at Mile 20! I was having a really good run - nice, easy, and steady, and then everything fell apart at WWOS. I remember getting on the bus and massaging my leg and being so ticked off at myself because there was only a 10K left to the finish line. I'm coming back hard in 2021. Hopefully, the roads will be smoothed out by then (and they'll address the Western Way segment for a course redesign....which would be nice....maybe....or is that just wishful thinking?) ;)

You definitely are not the only one with that wishful thinking. I believe the road work near WWOS is completed. I think the switch back plays with people's heads. Watching other people already heading in the other direction is a little demoralizing.

Figment82

Ugh, sorry to hear about your injury, but yes, the road construction by WWoS is almost completely finished. I think the new flyover opened this week, so you’ll be in good shape.

I always have issues with the graded ramps, they always set off an ankle injury from almost 17 years ago. 😳 Sometimes I’ll just run on the grass alongside the road just to avoid the horrible incline. So I definitely feel your pain!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Dopey2020 is out :( I have 2 weddings in the 1st 2 months of 2020 and hopefully I will be a FL resident by the end Q1 2020 so Dopey2021 as a FL resident it'll have to be!

RunningKoen

Screenshot of the reveal. Not the best quality, but enough to rant about the design. I am really not liking this and I'm very afraid for the other medals.

Schermafbeelding 2019-07-22 om 17.06.41.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom