Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

mickeymatt

Has anyone ran a marathon while being treated for a sinus infection? How did it effect you? I'm running the Dopey and I think I may need to start antibiotics. Which means I'll probably still be on them during the race. Thanks!

Texas84

Has anyone ran a marathon while being treated for a sinus infection? How did it effect you? I'm running the Dopey and I think I may need to start antibiotics. Which means I'll probably still be on them during the race. Thanks!

Hate to be a downer but my cousin tried that during the ToT 10-miler and had to quit after 5 miles because she couldn't breathe. Did you ask your doctor?

Rundisneyprincess27

So will there really be no pacers?! Not even for the full?! There is no pace team info on the RunDisney website or in the event guide unless i missed it...anyone know anything different?

mickeymatt

Hate to be a downer but my cousin tried that during the ToT 10-miler and had to quit after 5 miles because she couldn't breathe. Did you ask your doctor?
Talking to my doctor tomorrow. I ran a 20 miler Christmas eve and I could breath but I had constant drainage. I can breath now but I am taking mucinex D which I don't want to be on during the race. I hope to just be on an antibiotic.

dreamfinder

So will there really be no pacers?! Not even for the full?! There is no pace team info on the RunDisney website or in the event guide unless i missed it...anyone know anything different?

Would appear to be the case this year. Really disappointed if that is true. But nothing on the Clif Bar pace team schedule either. : (

Brent Fitzgerald

This may have been covered much earlier in this thread, so forgive me if this is repetitive. Has anyone who typically runs with headphones had any experience running the half or full marathon without them at Disney. I usually need something to keep me motivated and engaged and I know there are things along the course, but I'm not sure if it's enough to justify ditching my own music. Thanks

deeevo

This may have been covered much earlier in this thread, so forgive me if this is repetitive. Has anyone who typically runs with headphones had any experience running the half or full marathon without them at Disney. I usually need something to keep me motivated and engaged and I know there are things along the course, but I'm not sure if it's enough to justify ditching my own music. Thanks
I am in the same boat as you and wear my headphones but I am not ditching them. I will just pause my music when I need to.

lukacseven

I run with both headphones and without. Personally, I prefer without, but there are portions of the Disney courses where there are gaps in the entertainment - not as much on the half. Even when running with my music, I just pulled out my ear buds when I got to a part of the course where there was some action. You can expect music and/or characters at least every mile until you reach MK. There are usually 3-4 high school bands and cheerleaders in between. You probably want your music when you exit MK until about mile 10, even though there are spectator areas at the resorts and some character spots.

dreamfinder

I haven't used them in years. There are several places on course where you will want to hear/pay attention to announcements, either via volunteers or recording. They refer to things such as speed bumps and other stuff on course that is actually pretty dangerous if you aren't paying attention. If you must, then only use one ear bud.
That said, there are definitely stretches of the course that are pretty boring, especially before the sun comes up. runDisney tries to stagger entertainment, but you can easily go 1/2 mile+ without having anything in some stretches between parks.

dreamfinder

Still can't find a certified course map. Hope they didn't elect to not have it be certified, that would suck for anyone shooting for a BQ time.

Texas84

I train with music but never use headphones at organized events. runDisney discourages it but they do not enforce. There are plenty of people who use them.

kevlightyear

I've used my headphones on every runDisney (and otherwise) race. Nobody has ever said anything to me about them. I usually listen to podcasts or audiobooks, so it's just another voice in my head--I can still hear all course announcements, cheering, etc. In fact, the random DJ's they set up are kind of annoying to me because they are so loud. I've often turned off whatever I'm listening to while inside the parks themselves, but the stretches on the roads are too boring for me. I need to keep my mind off of what I'm doing.

Paul blackwell

I fly out Friday and have only entered the marathon but I wouldn't mind doing the half on Saturday as well

Can I upgrade at the expo does anyone know ,
I've done the goofy a few times but always booked it before hand

Many thanks

Paul

Brent Fitzgerald

Thanks for all the input on my headphones dilemma lol! I'll probably end up using one earbud and taking them out while in the parks. Getting pumped for race day! Flying out on the 5th!

surfsupdon

Clif Bar Pace Team announced today on their page that they will not be at any Disney race this year. You could tell by the wording that they were not invited, as the Jeff Galloway pacers will be pacing their run/walk method instead. Very disappointed.

Texas84

I fly out Friday and have only entered the marathon but I wouldn't mind doing the half on Saturday as well

Can I upgrade at the expo does anyone know ,
I've done the goofy a few times but always booked it before hand

Many thanks

Paul

I don't think so. Contact runDisney or check at the expo. Can't hurt to ask.

Mad Stitch

So the forecast for Saturday is looking pretty wet. Possible storms. Have they ever had to take action due to lightning in the past?
Oh yes, Wine and Dine 2015. They had everyone leave the starting corrals and take shelter in the sports complexes. After a delayed start they cut the course short resulting in a 7 mile (approximately) race.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom