Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

skiir97

And sold out again. I wasn't fast enough. Oh well

Btw, how are you able to know so fast when more spots open up? Do you have a script that is constantly scrapping the website?

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
And sold out again. I wasn't fast enough. Oh well

Btw, how are you able to know so fast when more spots open up? Do you have a script that is constantly scrapping the website?
I’ve just been checking Wine and Dine more frequently lately figuring that once they cut sales that might signal they are releasing more info on bib numbers, corrals, and such. While I’m on the site I just check in on Marathon and Princess out of curiosity to see what’s sold out/not sold out on there since it’s been so crazy recently.

Since it seems that they may be periodically opening some more Dopeys,if you’re motivated to get in, I might suggest temporarily setting the marathon page as your home page for when you open your browser. That will allow you to see if any registrations have opened up without any hassle each time you open your browser. The direct registration link is https://registration.rundisney.com/?event=6db5ef45ab429c2b71eb (it only takes a split second to see if it has the red registration is full box or if one of the race options has opened, if not, you haven’t wasted anytime before you go about your other business). When I saw the Dopey was back open, I noticed that the 10k was opened on the registration page before it showed up as open on the regular RunDisney page, so if I were looking for a bib, I might use that instead of the main Marathon page https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/

One of the other folks in the Reddit group said it also apparently opened back up briefly 5 days ago and they got one, so I’d bet it will do so a few more times, may just take some persistence checking and a bit of good fortune.

Last edited:

skiir97

paging @skiir97 . You're on the clock

Thanks! I did actually notice Dopey was open but we made the decision to wait till next year. It seems like COVID could be under control in January....but we decided possibly not being allowed back in Canada for 14 days (if we end up testing positive) was a deal breaker. We were hoping the PCR test requirement would be dropped for the vaccinated...but the government is clearly trying to keep Canadians in Canada...and it worked lol.

Trip to Vancouver it is instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pdude81

Oh man that’s soon.

I saw in the Wine and Dine that you did that run as well. Can you explain this new system they’re doing with s1 and all that? I don’t understand it
Yes, any info on start corals would be appreciated. Thankfully a few in this thread ran the last race weekend.

lightningtap347

I didn't go to any other race prior than W&D, but was put into s2 for the half. It was just a corral and we went ~ 5 minutes after the Elite/S1 group.

I'm not sure this helps in any way lol

pdude81

It was just four big corrals. As you left the start groups they further divided by ropes, so the sooner you get there, the sooner you start.
That's interesting and kind of scary. But if I get a later corral I'll try to show up earlier.

In the past I enjoyed the race retreat and waited til the last second to go out and hung at the back of the line. This worked a lot better for my race in corral C than it did the year before when I was in E though.

Which reminds me....

BRING BACK THE RACE RETREAT!!!

I'm thinking with the major road projects being done we can have a more normal start/finish experience in Epcot and enough space for the big tent. Now if they have half the people, then they may not make enough money from that package to risk putting them all inside. With cases in the US trending up and mask policy still in place, I'm assuming this won't be a thing.

Last edited:

OG Runner

That's interesting and kind of scary. But if I get a later corral I'll try to show up earlier.

In the past I enjoyed the race retreat and waited til the last second to go out and hung at the back of the line. This worked a lot better for my race in corral C than it did the year before when I was in E though.

Which reminds me....

BRING BACK THE RACE RETREAT!!!

I'm thinking with the major road projects being done we can have a more normal start/finish experience in Epcot and enough space for the big tent. Now if they have half the people, then they may not make enough money from that package to risk putting them all inside. With cases in the US trending up and mask policy still in place, I'm assuming this won't be a thing.

Considering they still have made no mention of spectators being allowed, I am not thinking a race retreat would be in the cards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom