Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

lukacseven

I don't mean to be a "Debbie Downer", but I hated the 2020 marathon. (I know I have said it before) I am from Haverhill, Massachusetts.
I ran a half marathon on December 8, 2019. It was 8 degrees at the beginning of the race. (it got up to 25 by the end). Going to Florida
and having the temps being in the mid-80s with high humidity killed me.
I've run Disney Marathons when it was 27 degrees at the start and also 83 degrees (at 4:00 am going up to 92 by the time you finish). Also living in the Northeast, I personally look forward to going to Florida in January in the hopes it IS much warmer and more humid. The least enjoyable marathon years for me were the colder ones. It's a matter of preference.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Screenshot_20210618-152337_Chrome.jpg

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Princess showed up as well from what I had seen on a Facebook group but the links are now gone. Seems strange they jumped straight to Marathon and Princess leaving W&D 2021 in complete limbo as to whether or not it’s in person or virtual (though let’s face it, it’s going to be virtual).
W&D was the long holdout for if it was gonna happen or not. I'm not shocked if they don't hold it this year, but announce the 2022 date instead. Our local big Marathon and Half marathon in Nov. just gave us runners the dates this year, nothing else but more info to come and you can start training.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
And social media has exploded yet again. 😂

Ya inadvertently leak something important, the anxious will jump on it. 😄

Although I find the dates interesting. Thursday through Wednesday? Looks like the Expo begins on Thursday, rather than the typical Wednesday. Could rD be running the Full over several days (I'll choose Monday for $500, Alex) to minimize crowded corrals?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Ya inadvertently leak something important, the anxious will jump on it. 😄

Although I find the dates interesting. Thursday through Wednesday? Looks like the Expo begins on Thursday, rather than the typical Wednesday. Could rD be running the Full over several days (I'll choose Monday for $500, Alex) to minimize crowded corrals?
Good one, I didn't even notice how long it ran til.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I saw that someone on FB is suggesting that they will offer virtual races along with in person.

rD needs to make an announcement next week about Marathon weekend. If there's going to be an in-person CC Challenge, people need to know that so they can book a cruise if they decide to participate.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
rD needs to make an announcement next week about Marathon weekend. If there's going to be an in-person CC Challenge, people need to know that so they can book a cruise if they decide to participate.
I never thought about the CC Challenge and booking for the cruise, dang.
July 20th also would give people enough weeks for training I believe, I read that on the world wide web

Rteetz

Source? That logo looks like it could be legit but I don’t know the “runDisney“ text seems off…
Came from the rundisney website under personal accounts. This is also where registration dates and weekend dates showed up. It was only up for a short period of time.

Surferboy567

Came from the rundisney website under personal accounts. This is also where registration dates and weekend dates showed up. It was only up for a short period of time.
Actually, I was able to see the source of this for myself. Can confirm it definitely looked real…the dates though seem a little suspect as everyone has said. Maybe they forgot to update the month? Seems very late for registration.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Actually, I was able to see the source of this for myself. Can confirm it definitely looked real…the dates though seem a little suspect as everyone has said. Maybe they forgot to update the month? Seems very late for registration.
They could be spacing out the registration over the next couple months. June = W&D July = Marathon August = Princess September = ?

Rteetz

That would be about a month notice for registration and they have held it in July once before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom