Walt Disney World Management Structure

gators11

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me the World's management struture? From Meg Crofton all the way down the the part-time cast member??

Captain Hank

For the main lines of business (operations, merchandise, etc.) in theme parks, roughly (to my knowledge):

President, WDW
VP of the park
VP of the line of business
Area/Ops manager for each area in that line of business
Guest Service Managers
Coordinators/Front-line Cast Members

Keep in mind that there are many, many variations on this, presumably with many more levels in many cases. It can get insipidly complicated.

gators11

Original Poster
Thanks for the info! With the Areas of business (Attractions, Merchandise, F&B, Entertainment, Security and Transportation for each park) are those the correct?:shrug:

Captain Hank

Entertainment works a little bit differently, though I'm really fuzzy on the details. The structures of Security and Transportation are pretty much unknown to me, but I'd assume they're fairly similar.

s8film40

Entertainment works a little bit differently, though I'm really fuzzy on the details. The structures of Security and Transportation are pretty much unknown to me, but I'd assume they're fairly similar.

Transportation and security are separate independent business units, as if there were a another park, resort, etc.

wedway71

For the main lines of business (operations, merchandise, etc.) in theme parks, roughly (to my knowledge):

President, WDW
VP of the park
Guest Service Managers
Coordinators/Front-line Cast Members

Keep in mind that there are many, many variations on this, presumably with many more levels in many cases. It can get insipidly complicated.

So there is a VP of Merchandise for each park then?

wedway71

Interesting! I can't seem to find out any info on Merchandise VP's that are current. I only seem to get old info on who is in those jobs.

I was under the assumption that Merchandise and Food and Beverage were under one VP with the newer structure.

I would love any info anybody can get me on those positions, names, etc. I am a Retail Consultant and a Huge Disney Fan and love anything Disney and Disney Merchandise!

gators11

Original Poster
Guest Service Managers

Do you have a rough idea of the pay for each of these positions??

Pioneer Hall

Interesting! I can't seem to find out any info on Merchandise VP's that are current. I only seem to get old info on who is in those jobs.

I was under the assumption that Merchandise and Food and Beverage were under one VP with the newer structure.

I would love any info anybody can get me on those positions, names, etc. I am a Retail Consultant and a Huge Disney Fan and love anything Disney and Disney Merchandise!

I thought that the head of each unit in the parks was a director. So there would be a director of merchandise ops reporting to the VP who is in charge of the entire theme park.

Captain Hank

I thought that the head of each unit in the parks was a director. So there would be a director of merchandise ops reporting to the VP who is in charge of the entire theme park.
Went on the Hub and looked. It seems I'm a little out of date on my titles. The current title for most of the people that report directly to the VP of the park is "General Manager of (Line of Business)." I swear they were called VPs not long ago. Certain other LOBs have "Directors," but not all (at least, not at this level of management).

At the park level, there are separate VPs for Merchandise and Food and Beverage. I'm not sure if these LOBs are combined somewhere else on the executive ladder, though.

TTARider

I don't know exact pay but I do know that some full time cast members in attractions that had been there for 20 years were making more than the young managers in our area. I found it a little odd.

wdwemployee13

I feel that might be a little inflated, at least for a number of areas. I thought GSM's made a lot less than 50k...more in the area of 30k.

The exact numbers are:
GSM: $38k - $54k (salary)
$17-$18/hr (hourly)
Area: $62k- $88k

Or you might be thinking of a coordinator who averages $31k - $33k

wdwemployee13

Transportation and security are separate independent business units, as if there were a another park, resort, etc.[
/QUOTE]

I don't know about Security but Transportation is broken up. Each park has an Area Manager for "Operations". Attractions, Custodial, FE Ops and Transporation all fall under that manager. I believe each bus driver is dispatched out of a park (MK, HS, AK, EP or TTC). Transportation is a separate unit farther up in management but is secular at the bottom.

This is a link to an Internship for a AM: https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/...=279683&szReturnToSearch=1&szWordsToHighlight=

DisneySaint

The exact numbers are:
GSM: $38k - $54k (salary)
$17-$18/hr (hourly)
Area: $62k- $88k

Or you might be thinking of a coordinator who averages $31k - $33k

I have no idea where you're pulling those numbers, but that's mild lunacy. A coordinator would have to be pulling $16 gross in order to get $33k, so unless they are capped (which very few are), they are more likely pulling somewhere around $22k-$26k (barring some large quantities of overtime). GSM's start at $600/wk or $31,300/yr as of about 3 years ago. I doubt their base salary has increased by $7,000 in the course of 3 years (possible, but unlikely). GSM's also pull, on average, probably about 50-60 hours a week. I knew many people who didn't want to advance beyond frontline because they found they could make more money there (with OT and such).

Now, area managers I have no idea about but I'd EXPECT them to start around $40k-55k. I can't fathom that they are pulling $62k to start. Granted, I know most of the dough is distributed at the top, so I won't say it's completely out of the question.

DisneySaint

Are you a cm? If so you can access the company's organization chart on the hub and chart yourself or any cast member.

No one can do that vertbatim. Anyone in the public can see at least down to the VIP, but everything below that is in-house and, honestly, rotates so often it'd be hard to keep track of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom