News Walt Disney World launches new seasonal Water Park Pass

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The Water Park only AP was around $140. Water Parks from Late December to the first half of March aren't that awesome. So for basically the months of Oct/Nov and April/May were it is routinely hot enough to enjoy you can pay a little more half what it used to cost for the entire year.

Or if you're already an AP Holder, spring for the extra $20 and get a full years worth.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Food for thought, adding on Volcano Bay to a 2-park seasonal pass at Universal costs more than this pass. Obviously the blackout dates aren’t the same but this is actually pretty surprising.

Granted, Volcano Bay is FAR better than both of Disney’s, but it seems like a pretty aggressive pricing strategy.

bmr1591

It’ll be a long time before I see them opening both at the same time again. When they’re struggling to get people to one during the hot months, it’s hard to justify opening both.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It’ll be a long time before I see them opening both at the same time again. When they’re struggling to get people to one during the hot months, it’s hard to justify opening both.
The solution in my opinion is:

1. Improve transport to get there. Easy, regular, direct bus routes to the water parks. Add Skyliner.
2. Invest in new attractions. Both parks are stale and have had very little investment in new additions. They feel stale.

Doing both of those I think would restore new interest in the parks and significantly boost attendance.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
The solution in my opinion is:

1. Improve transport to get there. Easy, regular, direct bus routes to the water parks. Add Skyliner.
2. Invest in new attractions. Both parks are stale and have had very little investment in new additions. They feel stale.

Doing both of those I think would restore new interest in the parks and significantly boost attendance.
I went to Typhoon Lagoon a couple of times from May-September, including Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day weekend. Considering the heat and the fact that BB was closed, at no time did the park seem remotely crowded.

I think the lack of locals, via the AP boondoggles; and given people's limited time at WDW, people would rather spend their time at other places on property that they don't have to pay extra for, contribute to this weakness.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I went to Typhoon Lagoon a couple of times from May-September, including Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day weekend. Considering the heat and the fact that BB was closed, at no time did the park seem remotely crowded.

I think the lack of locals, via the AP boondoggles; and given people's limited time at WDW, people would rather spend their time at other places on property that they don't have to pay extra for, contribute to this weakness.
…and the prices are too high/they’re losing their market…

Don’t forget about Lucy the Elephant in the Corner 🐘

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom