News Walt Disney World launches new seasonal Water Park Pass

MaryJaneP

Could they keep the park reservation system to measure demand and to discourage local daytrip marauders? Alternate suggestion would be to limit BB to non-guests and limit TL to Resort guests only or vice-versa.

Andrew25

If they're seeing such insane competition with offsite resort hotels offering a water park... when will they pull the trigger with a DVC resort attached to one of the water parks offering complimentary admission?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The design work was done years ago for a property wide system, so if they wanted it, I think it could be built quickly. It is all off-the-shelf stuff.
That is true…

But it’s still a swamp…and you have to do route prep.

And to be honest - they haven’t given a crap about “quick” in 20 years.
Might be a correlation there.

Part - If not most - of that first leg was to sell a dvc

MaryJaneP

If they're seeing such insane competition with offsite resort hotels offering a water park... when will they pull the trigger with a DVC resort attached to one of the water parks offering complimentary admission?
Like the idea but not the DVC limitation for those of us too poor to buy DVC. Maybe tie resort(s) to waterparks (ie TL = Monorail resorts, BB = Crescent Lake resorts)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The Water Park only AP was around $140. Water Parks from Late December to the first half of March aren't that awesome. So for basically the months of Oct/Nov and April/May were it is routinely hot enough to enjoy you can pay a little more half what it used to cost for the entire year.

Or if you're already an AP Holder, spring for the extra $20 and get a full years worth.
Ummmm…

You know it’s hot in the winter half the time now, right?

Oh right…you’re a “skeptic” 🤪

surfsupdon

Like the idea but not the DVC limitation for those of us too poor to buy DVC. Maybe tie resort(s) to waterparks (ie TL = Monorail resorts, BB = Crescent Lake resorts)
I'd love a Resort connected to each Typhoon and Blizzard. The themes are already built in and easy to expand/ recreate. The majority of my trips are more runDisney and water park focused and far less theme park focused.

Andrew25

Could still be open to the public, but you would at least have a "base" of guests to justify the park being open every day.

JD80

Publicly announced. The project likely commenced years prior with planning, financing, engineering.

Sure. But because it's an existing system and there have been rumors or whatever you want to call them of expansions. I assume Disney has done some background of what they could do so any decision to go in that direction has some ground work.

I wouldn't say 2 years from start to finish, but I wouldn't say 5-7. 2 would be fast, 4 would be long.

Andrew25

Look at the DVC Poly tower's speed in construction. If Disney is incentivized properly, they'll get the thing up and running in 2 years if it allows them to justify higher prices.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, these days we have to be clear when talking about this stuff - it wasn't a "blue sky" announcement when it was made.

They had already done all the research and planning and intended to actually build it at that point.
That is how an announcement goes…

The current predicament they’re in is because they try to Milk the “front end” work…which can’t be done
Effectively and exposes changes/cancellation/failures

Nobody wants to see how the sausage is made in a YouTube clip

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sure. But because it's an existing system and there have been rumors or whatever you want to call them of expansions. I assume Disney has done some background of what they could do so any decision to go in that direction has some ground work.

I wouldn't say 2 years from start to finish, but I wouldn't say 5-7. 2 would be fast, 4 would be long.
There’s been comments on fan sites and postulation by vloggers who want ad clicks to eliminate the need for getting a job…

…not sure that’s a launching point for “legitimacy”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's almost like decisions for short-term profits are not the way to run a business. Eventually, you get caught like Blockbuster, Sears, etc.

Next year is looking very soft, with the hopes of 2025 being a bounce back thanks to Mario and friends. (EU will draw more people to WDW overall.)
If that’s the plan…it’s pathetic

TrainsOfDisney

Regarding transportation - couldn’t they at least operate scheduled hourly bus service to the water park? So like, if there isn’t demand for every 20 minutes like the other routes, just run them every hour so people can plan and not make the transfer?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Regarding transportation - couldn’t they at least operate scheduled hourly bus service to the water park? So like, if there isn’t demand for every 20 minutes like the other routes, just run them every hour so people can plan and not make the transfer?

They won’t run direct waterpark buses…if that’s what you’re getting at.

Not gonna happen. A station for - something - at Coronado may be the best option for on-site movement

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
I don’t know what you peasants are talking about with public transport. I take a Disney branded Mini Van for just hundreds of mere dollars to whimsically whisk me the mile or two to a my watery recreational destination.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member

If anything, an existing system makes it more difficult to work around because you need to integrate old and new. Any expansion would be significantly larger than what already exists. Most importantly Supply Chain constraints that didn’t exist in 2018/2019 are still at crippling levels today.

If they started tomorrow to put shovels in ground, there is NO way they could be done in 4 years.

ppete1975

You don't show value by providing near-free admission.

They're going to be looking at the money earned determine their value - just like they do everything on property.

Something appearing popular doesn't really matter to management. If it's popular and making big profits, yes if not and there is no way to make more money off it, tear it down and use the space for a DVC for all they'd care.

... I guess someone might be looking to justify G+ and ILL in the water parks.

Joking of course but I'd see them try to do that before pushing to have them both open at the same time unless resort attendance overall was so through the roof they needed extra space to pack some of the on-site crowds after fully staffing the theme parks.
they do look at turnstyle and how many people enter each day. If a place is completely empty it looks less desirable to open another location or provide more amenities. If its super crowded regardless of how, they will look into how to make more money per guest but they will also utilize the turnstyle to show that people care. There is such a thing as optics, which is why some events give free tickets so the crowd appears larger than what people paid to be there.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well they’re not really “add ons” then

They’re “subs”…for the expensive parks that are designed to sell volume of merch and snacks at high profit.

…takes people to buy them though
Not a problem. Remember what we’ve been told by the all-knowing’s around here - For every family that stops visiting, there are 10 more waiting to take their place. I’m sure those families have already booked their expensive trips with lots of add-one and will be there soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom