Walt Disney World is the greatest place on earth

I'm right there with just about everyone -- I travel a great deal in my line of work and try to visit either WDW or DL as much as possible whenever I'm in the area. I jokingly call Disney my "Ritalin" -- it helps me keep my sanity through the rest of time! :D

bugsbunny

On Earth? No.

In America? Disneyland's up front, with WDW right behind, so technically yes.

If you proclaim yourself to be a true Disney Dork, you certainly have to have at least one DisneyLand trip. It's where Walt planted that seed and made a whole industry grow.

Stepping onto Main Street on DL and seeing the light on in the firehouse window is something that can never be matched at WDW. Sure DL is so much smaller and older, but its charm and idea birthplace more than makes up for it.

And when is WDW going to get a cool restaurant like the Blue Bayou? The restaurant in the Mexico pavilion in Epcot is about the closest ambience you can get to it, but what's cooler than eating INSIDE the Pirates of Carribean? LOVED IT! :sohappy:

TxNewsies

I would have to totally agree - WDW is the greatest place! Ever since our honeymoon there, we go back every year. Every time we plan our yearly trip, WDW comes back up on the top of the list. So back we go. :D It just makes you happy and smile. The excitement of the plane landing in Orlando, finally reaching the bus to take our to our hotel. Seeing the amazing sign as you enter WDW, walking up to the hotel. Then the first moment you reach the first park to visit! Complete happiness - every aspect of our trips brings joy to us. I love it!

worldfanatic

Been going to Disneyland at least once a year since I was 3. (42 now) It's Amazing!! Something all Disney fans should see.
Also been lucky enough to do some traveling around the World.
But for me, nothing comes close to the feeling of being on Disney World property!!
Not even close.

kcs

I have tears in my eyes as I read this thread. We live 1100 miles away from WDW and it had been 14 long years before I got back last year. I cannot describe the feeling I had walking into The World. My son and husband had never been there and couldn't understand my unbridled passion for this place. They now share it too. We will be going again in Jan. 2110 for my 50th birthday. We are sooooo excited. One of our favorite exhibits was of Walt Disney- The Man Behind The Mouse. My 9 year old son was taught how dreams do come true with work and confidence. I know my midwest friends who have never been don't "get" it. My goal in life is to reitre from teaching, move to Orlando, and work ANYWHERE within the World!!!!!!:sohappy:

CastleBound

I agree!! I was just there in May and I have probably thought about it every day since I've been there... I've always loved the place, but just this year I think I've turned into a freak.. haha.

If I could be there everyday I would. I think that would be amazing.

The true test I think is for someone who works there everyday and still thinks its the greatest place on earth!

CaptainJackNO

Original Poster
Eh, Disney is great fun, but it has some flaws......like Fastpass. >_>

I think Universal Orlando is the best theme park imo. Only problem that it doesn't have has many parks like WDW (Maybe they could compete with AK in the Zoological theme park business).
:rolleyes:
Wish they would develop a smiley for "whatever".....

DizneyPryncess

Best place in the world - I totally agree! I haven't been to every place out there, but it's the best place I've been to!

Going to visit Disneyland in the fall and I'm kind of worried
that I'm going to be disappointed! I just love WDW so much. :)

AshaNeOmah

I have tears in my eyes as I read this thread. We live 1100 miles away from WDW and it had been 14 long years before I got back last year. I cannot describe the feeling I had walking into The World. My son and husband had never been there and couldn't understand my unbridled passion for this place. They now share it too. We will be going again in Jan. 2110 for my 50th birthday. We are sooooo excited. One of our favorite exhibits was of Walt Disney- The Man Behind The Mouse. My 9 year old son was taught how dreams do come true with work and confidence. I know my midwest friends who have never been don't "get" it. My goal in life is to reitre from teaching, move to Orlando, and work ANYWHERE within the World!!!!!!:sohappy:

What is your secret to immortality!?!?! It's going to be 101 years until you return?

Just kidding... I'm glad your family got the bug and love it as much as you. I'm a firm believer that a well planned, well executed WDW trip can make anyone a fan who wants to enjoy themselves. It's when people are a little too 'grown-up' or a trip is planned poorly that a person returns with the 'Down with Disney' mentality.

heartodisney

I know I am preaching to the choir here, but I have to say that WDW is just the greatest place on earth. Now, I have done some traveling within the states and there is no other place I have been to that makes me feel the way WDW does. I am a 34 yeard old professional and upon seeing that welcome sign on property i revert back to that eight yeard old on his first trip. I am sitting here listening to some files i downloaded from Mousebits and I am wishing I was there. There is nothing like being at WDW with my wife and kids. Like many of you, I would live there if I could. Thank god for Walt Disney........Sorry, being all nostalgic and stuff this evening...lol:wave:
Oh YES! I am 48 and just cannot get enough! Magic...yes..in 06..my wife and I were eating ice cream, watching the race track...when just one lady drives by...stops..turns around..and just starts waving at us...she did not know us..and we did not know her...so we just shared and huge laugh! Later that day..a 8 y.o. came in a store and shouted to me..."Come help me...there is a talking trash can out here!"...of course I HAD to oblige him! We had a great time watching this and finally his parents arrived and was filled in on what happened...we too shared a laugh! At one point, I was in line for the Everest ride..wife will not ride...and a child was observing my lanyard filled with pirate pins...we talked..he asked his parents if he could share a seat with me...they said ok...WE HAD A BLAST on the ride...after the ride..his parents thanked me...they metioned they were there on "Make a wish" and had to leave when the day was over...I was stunned..this kid had cancer...I wanted to just tell the parents to spend the day with my wife and that he and I would dress up the park...but all I could do was cry as they walked off...things like that just do not happen for no good reason! That is also why Disney World IS the greatest place on earth! Thanks guys! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom