News Walt Disney World introduces new Disney Weekday Magic Ticket

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So they are again desperate to bring back the locals because of a perceived attendance slow down to prop everything back up?

After the ---- they gave to locals and DVC with the horrendous new APs and Park Pass and hopping limitations...

At what point do people become wise to this and say no more?

Last edited by a moderator:

TikibirdLand

So they are again desperate to bring back the locals because of a perceived attendance slow down to prop everything back up?

After the they gave to locals and DVC with the horrendous new APs and Park Pass and hopping limitations...

I wonder that constantly myself. WDW has become a caricature of itself over the last three years. I'm just not surprised at the latest stunts they've pulled.

And yet, the band played on...

Last edited by a moderator:

Chi84

Premium Member
Maybe it's a reaction to the current COVID spike. There are labor and supply shortages everywhere that are making travel difficult. Kind of makes sense to offer a lower priced ticket for Florida residents under the circumstances.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe it's a reaction to the current COVID spike. There are labor and supply shortages everywhere that are making travel difficult. Kind of makes sense to offer a lower priced ticket for Florida residents under the circumstances.
…maybe not.

if it’s staffing shortages…you shift the staff to the more “high profit” weekend days and draw back the costs for the lightly attended midweek.

they’ve run these parks before.

don’t trust the Great Oz

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

After the ---- they gave to locals and DVC with the horrendous new APs and Park Pass and hopping limitations...

For us, it was the day they released the new pricing for APs.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is it me or do they put these discounts out at the same time as food price increases? That other site is reporting food price increases. Could have sworn that happened in the past but can be wrong.

Since I refuse to give that site any clicks or attention, has anyone found a less unscrupulous source for any food/bev price increases today?

ETA: I did notice, in November, that one beverage cart to the left of the BTM entrance was charging $5 for a bottle of soda, whereas the others I saw were still $4.50/bottle.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Even DVC can't buy new right now, though.

TDO is just making it obvious what's been conjecture for a while - They hate locals and APs (except when they need them to fill the parks and make the cash registers sing so they make their quarterlies).
I’m saying at least Florida has these crappy “options”

DVC has really no option…I don’t find full price daily fees to be “conducive” to an “ownership program”

its a deed to nothing

Jrb1979

There might be a point @marni1971 has given up on WDW. Never saw that coming. When the hardcores are turning on your product there is a problem. I have said many times there is so many wonderful parks out there. Not just in the US. Europe has amazing parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There might be a point @marni1971 has given up on WDW. Never saw that coming. When the hardcores are turning on your product there is a problem. I have said many times there is so many wonderful parks out there. Not just in the US. Europe has amazing parks.
The real “issue”…for them and us…is that the management is transitory now

Bob doesn’t care if he gets fired in 2 years…as long as he extracts compensation up until that day…

…the management makes them susceptible to even MORE whim of the short sighted on Wall Street. No checks and balances…which opens them up to catastrophic long term mistakes.

Jrb1979

The real “issue”…for them and us…is that the management is transitory now

Bob doesn’t care if he gets fired in 2 years…as long as he extracts compensation up until that day…

…the management makes them susceptible to even MORE whim of the short sighted on Wall Street. No checks and balances…which opens them up to catastrophic long term mistakes.
Even so why plan trips if you don't like the way the parks right now. IMO the Disney you knew isn't returning. Once Bob is gone, whoever replaces him will be not much different. It will continue to be about quarterly earnings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom