Walt Disney World Information Channel from the 1980's

Timon

Where'd you find that out?

Can't say, unfortunately you'll have to wait until at least March and remember me. I wish I could validate with true authority like Custodial Host or better yet a Monorail pilot told me but I can't:ROFLOL:. I guess I'm just earning my creds.

Minor note: The Jiminy Cricket was animated by a small group of artists in a now defunct Merchandising art dept located in the Main Street tunnel in '79-'81. Also, the version in your You Tube clip played from a LaserDisc which limited the program to 30 minutes. At the time a huge improvement over the 3/4" U-matic tapes which had to rewind for 5 minutes or more every hour.

Great thread by the way!

Cosmo

Those were great. Does anyone remember the original one though? It had a woman named Deborah/Debbie or Susan (i just remember it was the same as one of my dad's sisters). She wore the original monorail uniform (the blue and lime) and at the time there was only Magic Kingdom. At the end of the loop she'd be walking down the street singing something like "Disney World. Walt Disney World, its a brighter day and a brighter place..."
Or something like that.
My sister and i would just GLUE ourselves to the tv and watch that over and over and over and over...drove my parents crazy!!!
I'd love to see that again.

Mr.EPCOT

I would possibly kill if to get my hands on the old TV info channel stuff from the Disneyland Hotel from the 80s and early 90s!

a2grafix

I remember this quite vividly. Great memories of my, gulp, high school years at the parks with mom and dad and my sisters.

Amazing how time flies.

I have some of those Do It All at Disney magazines. Sweet.

And The Disney Inn used to be called The Golf and Tennis Resort, and I remember the sign in 1990 with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The Garden Inn still looks like it did back in the 1980s after staying at Shades of Green in 2007-08.

Mom and Dad really got into the Marketplace wine shop. Amazing selection. Wonder what took over the wine shop?

piratetreasure

Original Poster
I remember this quite vividly. Great memories of my, gulp, high school years at the parks with mom and dad and my sisters.

Amazing how time flies.

I have some of those Do It All at Disney magazines. Sweet.

And The Disney Inn used to be called The Golf and Tennis Resort, and I remember the sign in 1990 with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The Garden Inn still looks like it did back in the 1980s after staying at Shades of Green in 2007-08.

Mom and Dad really got into the Marketplace wine shop. Amazing selection. Wonder what took over the wine shop?
I wish I was born in the 80's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom