Walt Disney World in Sitcoms

jeffs10

Original Poster
did some research was the show called

Thunder in Paradise

It looks like the right show. 1994 1 season 22 eposides

cymbaldiva

All I can add to this topic is the fact that when I get terribly lonely for WDW I watch the Roseanne episode from the parks....:)

wyattkelly

The Muppets at Walt Disney World (1990)

The Big Frog Festival comes only once a year, so naturally Kermit the Frog is excited about returning home to his friends and family in the swamp. The rest of the gang, however, has quite a different idea of fun and excitement - Walt Disney World!

*copied verbatim from Henson.com*

Yes, this show actually existed. it was really quite nifty. Back when Henson was nearly ready to be acquired by Walt Disney Productions, they made this nifty little special. It involves the Henson Muppets invading Disney World, and Charles Grodin as a security guard trying to track them all down. Unfortunately, it's not available on VHS or DVD.

And on the subject of the Cheers episode at WDW...are you sure it's not the Disneyland 35th anniversary special? Posted below from www.doombuggies.com:

Disneyland's 35th Anniversary Special on NBC: Woody's lost love
This was not a lost episode of Cheers; it was an NBC special on Disneyland's 35th Birthday. The special featured an evil wizard who made everyone "forget" who Mickey Mouse was... Mickey would even walk up to someone and say "I'm Mickey," and no one would believe him! Charles Fleischer (the voice of Roger Rabbit) was just about in every sketch that was in the show, from Jungle Cruise guide Coconut Charlie (featuring Tony Danza as a rider) to one of the Haunted Mansion butlers who intimidated young Woody and his friends

At the site there's also a clip from the show, which is shot in the style of Cheers. This is probably the source of the mixup. If you want to check it out, it's at http://www.doombuggies.com/video.html

Enjoy!
:drevil:

wyattkelly

Oh yeah, and the show that was shot at Disney World was called Thunder in Paradise. It featured Hulk Hogan, Chris Lemmon, and Carol Alt. A *LOT* of Disney rides, attractions, and hotels filled in the backdrop. For example, their base of operations was the beach next to the Grand Floridian *always shot so you couldn't see the monorail*, The Great Britain pavillion filled in for England on a couple of occasions, and my personal favorite, Cinderella's castle ended up as a grand english castle. LEast it wasn't the Pepto Palace.

Anyway, it was cancelled not for lack of high ratings, but because certain...contraband materials were found in one of the stars' bags between shooting. Disney asked them not to return. Note: this is a rumor I was told by one of the folks who worked on the show. Take it with a grain of salt if you want. The show itself was stupid mindless entertainment, but it was fun, if nothing else.

Oh yeah, and another show I just thought of: The third season of Seaquest: DSV did a lot of shooting in and around WDW. The Living Seas stood in for an undersea research facility taken over by terrorists, and Pleasure Island was shown as a place for R&R among the crew.
And that's it, I'm goin to bed.
:snore:

jeffs10

Original Poster
Originally posted by wyattkelly
Oh yeah, and the show that was shot at Disney World was called Thunder in Paradise. It featured Hulk Hogan, Chris Lemmon, and Carol Alt. A *LOT* of Disney rides, attractions, and hotels filled in the backdrop. For example, their base of operations was the beach next to the Grand Floridian *always shot so you couldn't see the monorail*, The Great Britain pavillion filled in for England on a couple of occasions, and my personal favorite, Cinderella's castle ended up as a grand english castle. LEast it wasn't the Pepto Palace.

Anyway, it was cancelled not for lack of high ratings, but because certain...contraband materials were found in one of the stars' bags between shooting. Disney asked them not to return. Note: this is a rumor I was told by one of the folks who worked on the show. Take it with a grain of salt if you want. The show itself was stupid mindless entertainment, but it was fun, if nothing else.

Oh yeah, and another show I just thought of: The third season of Seaquest: DSV did a lot of shooting in and around WDW. The Living Seas stood in for an undersea research facility taken over by terrorists, and Pleasure Island was shown as a place for R&R among the crew.
And that's it, I'm goin to bed.
:snore:

Thanks for the input i'll look up all these great leads thanks again

jeff

jeffs10

Original Poster
I did some searching and found some Thunder in Paradise on ebay picked up one for 2.65 on ebay. Thought i would check it out and see the disney backgrounds

Fossil

I know this is not a sitcom, but The Rosie O'donnel Show has been taped there a couple of times. Oh and i remember when i took a tour in MGM (forget what it's called) the show Sheena was being taped there.:hammer:

enfilm

Originally posted by jeffs10
I did some searching and found some Thunder in Paradise on ebay picked up one for 2.65 on ebay. Thought i would check it out and see the disney backgrounds

From what I remember it would probably be easiest to watch the shows with your finger on the FFWD button

Have fun and let us know what you see

Ed

jeffs10

Original Poster
Originally posted by enfilm

From what I remember it would probably be easiest to watch the shows with your finger on the FFWD button

Have fun and let us know what you see

Ed

I figured i would be watching the shows like that but i love to see walt disney world on film anytime.

<SRH>

I was at Epcot one day when they were shooting for that Sheena show at Morocco. They had a section blocked off. The show SeaQuest also shot at nearby St. Pete Pier. It is a large upside-down pyramid shaped building. They used it in establishing shots enhanced with special effects to make it more futuristic. They also shot a lot of that show at Universal Studios Florida. I remember a while back that Lethal Weapon(3?) shot a building demolition in Orlando. While they were here, they shot a scene on a boat at a Marina at Clearwater beach. Also, a long time ago they shot Cocoon in St. Pete. I think they spelled the city's name wrong in the credits. I'm sorry I got off of subject.

<SRH>

Oh yea, the sitcom thing. I did see the Roseanne episode. The father wanted a beer, but Roseanne said you can't drink in the MK, so he went to Epcot. He is standing in Epcot when he sees a guy drinking a yard of beer. I was wondering about the Golden Girls episode. Do they show them in the parks? I don't remember that episode, and I have seen many of them. Did they visit their house on at the MGM studios?

CoraJack

Account Suspended
How about movies? In the movie "Marvin's Room" they go to WDW and you even see them on Splash Mountain! It's a trip! It's really hilarious because Leonardo DiCaprio plays a bad kid just coming out of a home for boys and he says to his mom when she threatens that she's not going to take him to Disney World, "I could give a f*** about Disney World!" I burst out laughing every time!

Christina

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by wyattkelly
The Muppets at Walt Disney World (1990)

The Big Frog Festival comes only once a year, so naturally Kermit the Frog is excited about returning home to his friends and family in the swamp. The rest of the gang, however, has quite a different idea of fun and excitement - Walt Disney World!

*copied verbatim from Henson.com*

Yes, this show actually existed. it was really quite nifty. Back when Henson was nearly ready to be acquired by Walt Disney Productions, they made this nifty little special. It involves the Henson Muppets invading Disney World, and Charles Grodin as a security guard trying to track them all down. Unfortunately, it's not available on VHS or DVD.

:drevil:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
That is too bad, I would love to see and own that. Muppets is one of my favorites (we have all the Time life DVDS, my 18 month old Daugther loves them).

BTW, in the movie "Marvins room" I think they went to DL, MK. I am pretty sure the Splash Montain was the one were it is single rider seats.

There also was a stort lived ABC one hour show. I think it was calle Noah's Ark, and it was kinda like 7th Heven. They had a 2 part episode where they went all over WDW. It was pretty good, it even got me waching the show a few times after that, but it was canceled.

Here is a link that has T.V. listing about or in WDW.

http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/disneytv.html

jeffs10

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyPhD

There also was a stort lived ABC one hour show. I think it was calle Noah's Ark, and it was kinda like 7th Heven. They had a 2 part episode where they went all over WDW. It was pretty good, it even got me waching the show a few times after that, but it was canceled.

Here is a link that has T.V. listing about or in WDW.

http://www.bartlett-sloan.net/disneytv.html

Your right i forgot about it the show was called
Second Noah. They where at disney world, What i can recall Is they stayed in the Fort Wilderness Campground and the parents stayed Somere where else cannot rember. I used to like that show untill it got cancelled.

20. Desperately Seeking Mickey

Unbeknownst to Jesse and Noah, Ricky and Kaylie take Ben to Disney World so Kaylie can get to know the son she gave up for adoption; Bethany thinks she's found her biological father; and Noah gets an offer to promote his book on "Live: With Regis & Kathie Lee."

21. Diving In

As Ricky and Kaylie continue to "play house" at Disney World, Jesse and Noah come to Orlando to tape a segment on "Live: With Regis & Kathie Lee" promoting Noah's new book; Pat Boone gives Jesse the shirt off his back; Darby joins forces with Ricky's boyhood idol, Cirrus Rose; and Shirley is courted by the "Chicken Man", who teaches Luis how to dive.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by jeffs10

Your right i forgot about it the show was called
Second Noah. They where at disney world, What i can recall Is they stayed in the Fort Wilderness Campground and the parents stayed Somere where else cannot rember. I used to like that show untill it got cancelled.

That is it alright. But I think what happened was they were planning on camping at Fort Wilderness, and somehow that didn't work out so the only avilable room was the really nice suite at Y&B. Had to put it on Daddy's credit card. Poor baby, must be nice.

Funny how I will wacth anything if it takes place at WDW.

nikimsu2002

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
Didn't Home Improvement shoot an episode at WDW?

I have seen almost every single episode of Home Improvement and I don't recall an episode in WDW. I could be wrong though.

wyattkelly

They didn't actually shoot at WDW, but an episode of Dave's World was centered around getting to Disney World. I wish I had more information, but I don't. Remember, Walt Disney was an innovator, he wanted new and exciting things! Change, rearrange, imagine and conceive! Don't dwell on past conquests, move forward!

Originally posted by <SRH>
I was at Epcot one day when they were shooting for that Sheena show at Morocco. They had a section blocked off. The show SeaQuest also shot at nearby St. Pete Pier. It is a large upside-down pyramid shaped building. They used it in establishing shots enhanced with special effects to make it more futuristic. They also shot a lot of that show at Universal Studios Florida. I remember a while back that Lethal Weapon(3?) shot a building demolition in Orlando. While they were here, they shot a scene on a boat at a Marina at Clearwater beach. Also, a long time ago they shot Cocoon in St. Pete. I think they spelled the city's name wrong in the credits. I'm sorry I got off of subject.
Actually......a scene of a seaQuest episode was actually filmed in The Living Seas. They don't actually say they are in Disney World though. They were using Sea Base Alpha as a set. That's all. The episode is entitled Brave New World. The first episode of the third season. I loved that show. I have every episode on tape!

jeffs10

Original Poster
This is an older post but i have to add one more
The simpsons
Special Edna (a.k.a. Love and Marking) ep 298

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom