Walt Disney World in Sitcoms

DDPGambit

Originally posted by wyattkelly

Anyway, it was cancelled not for lack of high ratings, but because certain...contraband materials were found in one of the stars' bags between shooting. Disney asked them not to return. Note: this is a rumor I was told by one of the folks who worked on the show. Take it with a grain of salt if you want.

That isn't true. The reason the show was canceled was because Hulk Hogan simply didn't want to do it anymore. He decided to return to wrestling, so they simply stopped making the show. This is discussed in detail in Hulk's autobiography.
And as a matter of fact, Hogan returned to Disney about a month after filiming stopped because WCW was filiming their shows at MGM!

Seeing discussion on this old thread on the Muppets at WDW reminds me - that was the very last Muppet program that Jim Henson did before he prematurely passed away.

Imagine if Henson hadn't died - Muppets would have been owned by Disney (the deal fell apart after his death), but Henson would have still had full creative control, and been able to focus entirely on the creative side and not the business side. It still saddens me, 13 years later, that he died so young and was unable to continue his life's work. :(

Originally posted by TheDisneyBoy
Actually......a scene of a seaQuest episode was actually filmed in The Living Seas. They don't actually say they are in Disney World though. They were using Sea Base Alpha as a set. That's all. The episode is entitled Brave New World. The first episode of the third season. I loved that show. I have every episode on tape!

SeaQuest also did some filiming at the Grand Floridian. I was staying there at the time. I watched them bring in the equipment and some of the actors walked by as well.

JLW11Hi

They never filmed anything at either parks, but I remember 2 All in the Family episodes where they are going to Disney World and Disneyland.

One of them was where they were all planning to go to Disney World, but Edith was having a mid life crisis or something and Edith didn't want to go (realizing the sudden need to "see the world" was indicating her growing age) so they decided to stay at home.

Archie: "It's great, they've got this show with singing bears!"
Edith: "I hate bears!"

The other one is when they are going to visit Gloria and Mike in California for Christmas. All I remember about Disney World is them talking to Mike and Gloria's baby about visiting Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck.

PuertoRekinSam

WCW used to film in Walt Disney World at MGM Studios. One episode had Catus Jack aka Mick Folley run from the ring and out into the park he was chased, but never caught. (You could never have a fight in the parks)

djmatthews

There was a mention in Friends of Ross and Susan having ______ in Its A Small World. Ross quotes "And we were never aloud back into the Magic Kingdom again." Does anybody remember this episode?

BenS

Not really a sitcom, but a recent episode of The Simpsons (Special Edna, as it was titles) took place in WDW. I watched it on it's debut, my last night at the park :lookaroun .

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by djmatthews
There was a mention in Friends of Ross and Susan having ______ in Its A Small World. Ross quotes "And we were never aloud back into the Magic Kingdom again." Does anybody remember this episode?

Isn't Susan Ross's ex-wife's current significant other? :confused:

Sketch105

Originally posted by hmppan
this is a little off but still in the same train of thought

anyone remember the Muppets go to disney world

Kermit and the gang go to Kermits home. After a misrable day in the swamp they hear some loud banging. Kermits family then tells the gang that its nothing much just fireworks from Walt Disney World. The gang runs off into the park for a few days of fun.

some great moments

Gonzo in the Utilidors at MK

Animal attacking the Ticket Taker as the Gang slips un-noticedinto the park

I do remember that scene, quite vividly. They all decide to go to WDW. The rest if lost on me.

Heres a link to Info on the special:

I do remember something from DL's anniversary where Miss Piggy and a couple of girls are at DL's Main street.

Girl 1: What should we do
Miss Piggy: Well, I thought we'd shop, then do lunch, then do some more shopping!
girl 1: But I want to go on some rides!
Miss Piggy: There are rides here?

and at that point, Cinderella passes by in her pumpking chariot and Miss Piggy imagines herself at Cinderella, waving to all her fans.

There was a bunch of others for this special. I Know I'm rambling about Disneyland here, but it was such a cool special.

A boy is dared into going into the Haunted Mansion alone. In there, he befriends a mysterious girl, and later finds out she was a ghost!

Ernest P. Worrell (Jim Varney) discusses his first childhood memoirs of Disneyland and it flashes back to him when he was a young 'un (a actor dressed up in Ernest's trademark hat and all plays him the rest of the time)

So old school. So many good memories from these tv specials.
Muppets at disney world

Sketch105

WCW (when it was around) filmed a segment at Epcot's UK pavilion as a stand in for actual England itself. The segment included William Regal and Triple H (at the time known as Jean-Paul Levesque)

RobVanDam

and hey don't forget the WCW Monday Nitro Episode Live From otuside MGM in sumemr of 96 , When the nWo put nWo over the MGM

good times......

Blizz

Thunder In Paradise (the later episodes) were filmed at Walt Disney World. The show was like 3 mini series combined into about 2 seasons of episodes. The first "mini series" was filmed at the Don Cesar(sp?) resort on the west coast of florida. In the second and third series, they moved to Walt Disney World. The bar area was the GF beach area. The island "Brew" and "Spence" visited in the second series was Discovery Island. The lair of the villian was actually the waterfall area outside of Oh Canada. They also shot at Moracco in Epcot and Indiana Jones for one of them. They guest accomidations for the cast and crew was the Old Key West resort.

Thunder In Paradise was released shortly after the show was cancled. It was only for rental, so most new copies (VHS only, sorry) are going to coast alot. But on E-Bay they go real cheap, thats how I got all three copies of the show for myself. They are great shows, yeah the Special F/X and the green screen shots such! But I loved the show when I was a little kid, I never missed an episode.

Another show, while not a sitcom, Walt Disney World Inside Out, was also filmed at Walt Disney World. The hosts included George Forman, J.D. Roth (also created Mad Libs for the DIsney Channel, Moolah Beach for Fox Kids, and Endurance: also for FOX Kids), and Bryan Liery.

They also had a show, it was kinda like Americas Funniest Home Videos, that filmed in World Showcase. It featured Dave Coluiea(sp?) (you know he played Uncle Joey on Full House) as the host of the show.

I have Boy Meets World, Thunder In Paradise, and Step by Step at Disney World on video. I still am looking for the other you mensioned. Its just hard because you never know when they will be on and its hard to find them to download.

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Blizz

I have Boy Meets World, Thunder In Paradise, and Step by Step at Disney World on video. I still am looking for the other you mensioned. Its just hard because you never know when they will be on and its hard to find them to download.

I have been looking for the Muppets go to WDW for about 3 years now with no luck.:( I dont think it was ever released on to VHS

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by jeffs10
I have been thinking and wanted to make a list of Sitcoms that have visited Walt Disney World I can think of 3 off the top of my Head
Roseanne, Step by Step, and Sabrina the teen age witch.

Below I researched the epsodie and desriction of the eposide if anyone else can add i can research if for you.

Roseanne
190. 8-17 917 20-Feb-96 We're Going to Disney World (1)

The family goes hog wild with excitement -- and with plans to travel to Disney World -- when Dan brings home his final paycheck from the Lanford City Garage.

191. 8-18 918 27-Feb-96 Disney World War II (2)

Fireworks and fanfare accompany the Conners on a whirlwind tour of the magical kingdom of Disney World, when Darlene finds she's actually happy in the presence of Winnie the Pooh.

Step By Step
115. 5-22 457173 3 May 96 We're Going to Disney World (1)
116. 5-23 457174 10 May 96 We're Going to Disney World (2)

Frank's mother offers the entire family a trip to Disney World the weekend of Frank and Carol's anniversary.

Flash shows up to return Frank's hammer and ends up staying the weekend, and over the weekend he visits more rides than anyone in the history of Disney World has beating out a Russian and bringing the title back to America.

JT and Rich dip into their apartment fund to get Rich to come. JT poses as J.T. Disney and ends up spending the whole fund trying to attract 2 girls. They go different ways for a few hours until JT "redeems" himself by selling his plain ticket and agreeing to ride the bus back with Rich.

Karen enters a country music contest with Dana and Al as backup singers but gets rid of them because they aren't dedicated enough. When she gets on stage the first time, though, she realizes that she needs them.After a little making up Al and Dana agree to re join the group and they rock the house with "Girls with Guitars" By "Wynona"

SABRINA THE TEENAGE WITCH
47. 2-23 049 24 Apr 98 Disneyworld

On a field trip to Disney's Animal Kingdom in Florida, Sabrina, working to pass a critical test for her witch's license, accidentally turns Libby and Valerie into zebras. But nothing will stop Libby's attempts to steal Harvey from Sabrina. Meanwhile, Hilda and Zelda visit Animal Kingdom's DinoLand U.S.A., where they magically create their own prehistoric man; Harvey ends up a tour guide on a Kilimanjaro Safaris adventure through a wildlife reserve; and Mr. Kraft thinks he's finally discovered what Sabrina's hiding.

Any other ones anyone can think off??

Did anyone mention FAMILY MATTERS?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom