News Walt Disney World Holiday Events 2023

DisneyFanatic12

Nothing is lit, but Christmas lights have been placed on the landscaping at Hollywood Studios and all of the snoap machines appear to be fully in place.

IMG_4017.jpeg
IMG_4018.jpeg

IMG_4016.jpeg

Interestingly, snowflakes are projected on the Theater of the Stars. Finally, there is no visual work done yet on the projection screen that sits near Rosie’s All-American Cafe.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know it will is likely never to happen again, but I really miss the energy and feeling that came across even on TV when the parade was actually live. So electric.

More like the Macy’s parade. Still very commercial, but much more energetic and fun.
Those live Christmas parades were the best. Even when they started taping them in the early 2000's they were still far more enjoyable than the mindless dreck they've put out for most of the Iger era. We used to watch for a few years after they started becoming infomercials and they got rid of the actual parade (because the kids were young enough to see places and get excited) but we have only sporadically watched for probably 10 years now.

Most of the Christmas Day Parades are available on YouTube, just saying. ;)

jrhwdw

Those live Christmas parades were the best. Even when they started taping them in the early 2000's they were still far more enjoyable than the mindless dreck they've put out for most of the Iger era. We used to watch for a few years after they started becoming infomercials and they got rid of the actual parade (because the kids were young enough to see places and get excited) but we have only sporadically watched for probably 10 years now.

Most of the Christmas Day Parades are available on YouTube, just saying. ;)
Indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comped

I know it will is likely never to happen again, but I really miss the energy and feeling that came across even on TV when the parade was actually live. So electric.

More like the Macy’s parade. Still very commercial, but much more energetic and fun.
I can personally attest to Macy's being as close to life as possible as I attended one year when I was a kid and lived only a couple hours away from the city. Got up at an ungodly hour to pick out a spot that wasn't too far from flagship Macy's, right before they got into camera range for the performances. As it was raining a little bit that year everyone was in ponchos and immediately started taking them off as soon as they came passed us. This also meant that we saw everything show ready, just in case, which meant for a bit of more lively experience.

As for the parade next weekend, I think there's very little reason why they would have it playing during the day twice unless they were planning on filming it. Doesn't make sense when they usually do that at Disneyland, but I'm not complaining as I've snagged a reservation just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom