Walt Disney World...here I come!

Spyne

Yes, it's official. Me and my parents are returning to the world. :D Though it won't be for a while yet, it will be September 2008. Anything else I don't know yet, just I know we are definitely going September '08. I think we're talking about staying at Caribbean Beach.

I'm so excited, I'll be back in my home away from home after an absence that has been way too long. My last trip was November 2000 for pete's sake! (Sorry if this seems like a pointless post, I'm just so excited I want to tell other WDW enthusiasts like myself who would understand my excitement.) It surely is the Year of a Million Dreams, because mine is coming true. :D

fngoofy

Nice.

The Caribbean Beach Resort is nice, we just stayed there at the end of Sept.
You might consider POFQ, we were there in January and really liked it.

Tink's right, you will see lots of new & revamped stuff.

Upvote 0

Charlie Brown

Yes, it's official. Me and my parents are returning to the world. :D Though it won't be for a while yet, it will be September 2008. Anything else I don't know yet, just I know we are definitely going September '08. I think we're talking about staying at Caribbean Beach.

I'm so excited, I'll be back in my home away from home after an absence that has been way too long. My last trip was November 2000 for pete's sake! (Sorry if this seems like a pointless post, I'm just so excited I want to tell other WDW enthusiasts like myself who would understand my excitement.) It surely is the Year of a Million Dreams, because mine is coming true. :D
We loved Carribbean Beach when we stayed there! It was so cool!

Upvote 0

fizzle75

Wow, there's so much more to do at WDW since your last trip, you're gonna have a blast! Be sure to order the Planning DVD, it's a great way to get up to speed on what The World has to offer. Also be sure to pick up the new Unoffical Guide to Walt Disney World, it'll tell you pretty much everything you need to know.

Have you already booked Caribbean Beach? We stayed there back in April of '06 for our first anniversary and loved it. I know lots of folks don't like CB and most of the reasons they give for not liking it are valid but despite it's drawbacks(large confusing layout, occasionally poor bus service)it's still a gorgeous, well themed resort. To help alleviate one of the major problems be sure to request a room close to Old Port Royale, our room was in aruba and we had quite a hike to get to Old Port Royale where the food court and gift shop are. If you haven't booked CB yet I highly suggest you consider Port Orleans Riverside. We haven't actually stayed there but we spent an entire afternoon there a few weeks ago and loved it, it's a gorgeous resort with one of the best food courts and gift shops on property. Keep us updated on your trip planning. Where are you hoping to make ADRs at?

Matt

Upvote 0

Spyne

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your kind wishes and advice. :)

We haven't booked anything yet, so anything's still a possibility. But Fizzle75, we'll definitely keep an open mind still on where to stay. :D It may not be until September of '08 (which is a little more than a year), but I'm so excited as each day progresses.

I'm so looking forward to seeing all the new changes, enhancements and whatever else once I'm there. My home away from home indeed. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Dink5582

I have been to Carribbean Beach the last two years and loved it both times, I also have friends who have stayed there and wouldn't go anywhere else, we were in Jamaica this year and Old Port Royale was only a few mins walk over the bridge which was beautiful!

Rob

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We are also returning in Sept. 2008!
I would recommend the Port Orleans Riverside Resort (we stayed there in the summer of 2006) -- it was great! :)
Nice landscaping, quiet, nice pools, good food, nice souvenir shop, clean rooms, boat transporatation to & from DTD, on-site carriage rides, boat & bike rentals.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom