Walt Disney World Christmas Parade Taping

wdwfan22

Original Poster
Based on Disney's entertainment schedule, it looks as if the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade could be filmed on November 10 - 12 this year. This is not confirmed just going on the changes in entertainment offerings for those days.

GlassHalfFull

very glad that we will be at MVMCP on the 10th then.. scheduled spa day for the women and a guys day out on friday and a family visits on saturday.. avoided that MK bullet.. thank god.. I'm not a huge fan of waiting around to see people lip sync and run through their "hits" multiple times in a row in front of the castle.. did like the Newsies start to the Parade though.. as one of my favorite Disney Movies I wish they had a bit of a spot at the beginning of parades more often..

raven

I really, really miss the kinetic energy of the LIVE parades they used to do. It was so much less like an infomercial and clearly fun. (They started pre-taping them in the mid-1990s.) I just wish they could do that again.
Too many things can go wrong with a live event. Plus is a logistical nightmare to pull off, especially since they highlight all of the parks around the world.

You can better bet this year's focus will be on Shanghai though.

prberk

Too many things can go wrong with a live event. Plus is a logistical nightmare to pull off, especially since they highlight all of the parks around the world.

That's mostly why I hate the new infomercial format of the parade. They can still highlight other places, as they always did even for cutaways during the live parade, but it was much more kinetic and fun, and felt more real. It was the "Walt Disney World Very Merry Christmas Parade," not the "Disney Parks Christmas Parade," which feels less like a parade than a pre-recorded mishmash infomercial. The live one just felt more real, and actually had people singing on floats (a.k.a., in the parade, as opposed to on a castle stage that would be inconsistent with a parade going by). They can do it with the Macy's Parade, where they don't own the whole neighborhood in New York -- there is no reason why they can't do it at Walt Disney World, where they do -- even with a few pre-recorded cutaways. You could even pre-record the previous day's version in case of rain or satellite failure. But live was much more fun and real.

Herbie

Do we ever hear of a lineup beforehand? The park isn't limited to the parade/performances, right? Meaning, you are able to make it past everyone and enjoy rides and such? How are lines? #firstimer #wouldlikeimput

Goofyernmost

Is Shanghai a big Christian area of China? I would think that there wouldn't be a Christmas Parade there. Some form of Holiday parade perhaps because so many religions of the world "coincidentally" fall around that same time of year. Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink!

Bolt

That and the park is insanely busy on Christmas and I assume a lot of film people don't want to be working the week of Christmas (probably a premium to work on Christmas since the film industry is heavily unionized).

Herdman

We arrive on the 18th. I think I saw a post here in the past that they don't put up the big Christmas tree at the MK until after the parade films because it interferes with TV camera sight lines. If that is correct, along with the date of the filming, then we would hopefully have the "full" Christmas feel of the MK during our trip. Fingers crossed...

RSoxNo1

We arrive on the 18th. I think I saw a post here in the past that they don't put up the big Christmas tree at the MK until after the parade films because it interferes with TV camera sight lines. If that is correct, along with the date of the filming, then we would hopefully have the "full" Christmas feel of the MK during our trip. Fingers crossed...
They will put it up and then take it down for the filming, then put it back up.

dreamfinder

Do we ever hear of a lineup beforehand? The park isn't limited to the parade/performances, right? Meaning, you are able to make it past everyone and enjoy rides and such? How are lines? #firstimer #wouldlikeimput

There will still be aisles behind the crowds cheering on the parade that can be used to get down Main Street, and probably even the Main Street bypass to get people past the parade that don't want to watch.

RE lineups, some will get leaked out beforehand, but I don't recall WDW publicly saying "Here is the performance list".

OliveMcFly

I always enjoyed the filming. As time goes on though they bring in acts that I'm just not interested in. One year I was able to be in the filming with Phillip Phillips and Lady Antebellum. I'm not into either but it was still a fun day at work.

gbruenin

No worries on Christmas decorations. Its usually well decorated, with the only exception being the tree in town square due to camera positions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom