News Walt Disney World Christmas holidays 2022

ToTBellHop

I think it did, along with merchandise locations, it was all the table service restaurants that had their decor cut the last two years.
So we watch and wait. I have the headline ready just in case
1667316768415.jpeg

aladdin2007

Wasn't just MK, resort decor was cut in half as well. Hopefully more makes a return this year, wouldn't count on it of course. They tout all these holiday meals in the restaurants and stuff and then no decor.

dreday3

I would say they at least improved at Animal Kingdom over the past few years.

I've only seen videos' but I would argue that AK wins best overall Holiday Decor. So much so that we are even planning to do our first trip during the Christmas Season just so we can see it in person.
The Merry Menagerie looks amazing, plus all the themed holiday decorations throughout. Even Pandora gets in on the fun. Love it.

phillip9698

Wasn't just MK, resort decor was cut in half as well. Hopefully more makes a return this year, wouldn't count on it of course. They tout all these holiday meals in the restaurants and stuff and then no decor.

Maybe someone with more insight can enlighten me. I understand not paying money for the live decorations. But the lights and other decor is artificial. Don’t they already have the stuff sitting somewhere? They are just saving the labor costs of hanging it up?

JohnD

Maybe someone with more insight can enlighten me. I understand not paying money for the live decorations. But the lights and other decor is artificial. Don’t they already have the stuff sitting somewhere? They are just saving the labor costs of hanging it up?

Yes. All the different holiday decorations, along with parade floats, etc., are in a warehouse behind Splash Mountain. The Keys to the Kingdom tour takes you back there.

phillip9698

Yes. All the different holiday decorations, along with parade floats, etc., are in a warehouse behind Splash Mountain. The Keys to the Kingdom tour takes you back there.

That is just incredibly cheap. Just pay the crew another night to put up the rest of it.

castlecake2.0

A significant portion is apparently replaced annually. They cycle through.
I think that could have been part of the issue, I’m not sure when holiday services was called back and if/when they got back to full staffing, it was probably easy for them to say “don’t worry about the restaurants this year” and focus on the other decorations needed. That’s my hope at least. They did bring back a lot of Halloween stuff to MK this year that was missing the last two years, so that could be something.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They're saving costs on labor by not being able to find enough laborers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom