Walt Disney World child swap compaired to Universal Studios

Which do you prefer: WDW child swap or Universal Studios child swap?

• Total voters

Cindy'sBruno

Original Poster
Those of you that have been to WDW and Universal...what do you think of their child swap areas? I went to Islands of Adventure for the first time this weekend and prefer theirs over Disneys...and I am a huge WDW fan. Now the park in a whole...could not compare to WDW period!

rct247

I like Universals because they usually have a special room where the swap takes place which has TVs or activities for the kids to do. Disney's seems to allow more room for abuse as people come up as ask for rider switches when they don't actually have a baby, then they use it as a Fastpass.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Also, at Uni/IoA you can travel with your party throughout the queue as opposed to being forced to wait outside. Then you need to wait for the party to get back outside before you can even get into the Fastpass queue, which will still take some time.
I would LOVE to hear any reasoning for Disney's method...

Cindy'sBruno

Original Poster
Also, at Uni/IoA you can travel with your party throughout the queue as opposed to being forced to wait outside. Then you need to wait for the party to get back outside before you can even get into the Fastpass queue, which will still take some time.
I would LOVE to hear any reasoning for Disney's method...

I loved the whole idea of traveling through the line with the whole party. My children are 4 and 2 and they absolutely loved Harry Potter's queue. It was a 40 min wait with no meltdowns! They get hot and tired just sitting outside or in a store at WDW. I wish that Disney could do something like this.

tissandtully

Wow, so you can't stay together when you do this at WDW (I just assumed you could)? How does the child swap process work at WDW?

Wow, so you can't stay together when you do this at WDW (I just assumed you could)? How does the child swap process work at WDW?

You just tell them you need a rider swap and the CM hands you a good all-day FastPass that lets you and 2 other people get in through the FP lane. I like it myself, I've never seen anyone abusing it.

wdwmom2+1

I also like Universal's better because of the ability to stay together or wait in a special room. I know my last couple times at Disney they have asked to seen my younger child. So maybe that can help curve some of the abuse but i'm not sure how consistent that practice is.

tissandtully

I also like Universal's better because of the ability to stay together or wait in a special room. I know my last couple times at Disney they have asked to seen my younger child. So maybe that can help curve some of the abuse but i'm not sure how consistent that practice is.

See, my wife likes to go do other stuff while I'm waiting to ride, I don't see how waiting together can't be achieved through both methods, WDW just doesn't have child swap rooms.

wdwmom2+1

well for us. we don't really split up or do other things.. one person waits often times with a cranky child who ends up wanting the other parent. the only good thing is that child often times ends up napping while we are waiting. I am excited for this trip because my youngest is finally tall enough for MOST rides :) so we will only have to child swap on a few things ;)

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
See, my wife likes to go do other stuff while I'm waiting to ride, I don't see how waiting together can't be achieved through both methods, WDW just doesn't have child swap rooms.
Kids can't go through the Disney queues, so they can't wait together.

Cindy'sBruno

Original Poster
That's a darn good question. I think they should change their method and make it more like Uni's. There's literally no advantage to the current Disney system.

You are right. There is no advantage. I think the multiple measuring sticks are meant for those that sneak past the first one. We had our kids in the queue for The Hulk at IOA and I about died when my daughter thought she was going to have to ride. She had to walk through the ride vehicle in order to get to the swap room. A kodak moment for sure.

Cindy'sBruno

Original Poster
Thats my question, we have 5 yr old twins and will be in WDW on June 9 - 14

We always went to the cm at the fp line with the kids and told them we needed a baby swap ticket. One would wait outside in shade or in the store closest to the ride that way they stayed cool. Being in a store for however long the wait time is kind of stinks. Mommy I want this....Daddy I want that...lol. My daughter has been at ages 3m, 1yr, 3yr, and 4y twice. My son...1yr and 2yr twice.

Cindy'sBruno

Original Poster
OK I only have one kid so here's my dumb question: what is child swap?

If you and another adult want to ride the same ride, you do not have to wait in the regular line again. For instance, we will walk up to the cm in the fp line and show them that we have two children that cannot ride. They will hand us a ticket. One will wait outside with the children while the other rides the ride. Once the ride is over, the other will ride while the other is outside with the children. The one that waited still has to go through the fp line. At IOA, you do not have to walk back through a line, you get one once the ride is over.

rct247

You just tell them you need a rider swap and the CM hands you a good all-day FastPass that lets you and 2 other people get in through the FP lane. I like it myself, I've never seen anyone abusing it.

Never seen anyone abusing it, huh? It's right between GAC card abuse and line jumping by claiming a member of their party was in the bathroom (and then 5 people join them) as the #2 reason people abuse "the system".

That's why some cast are getting in the habit of asking to see the child in question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom