Walt Disney World Character Changes Rant!

Do You Miss Some of these Characters at WDW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
First of all, why do they always get rid of characters that(most of us)will never meet again or just never meet at all, and replaces them with common characters which makes us mad(example: Duffy the Disney Bear was replaced by Daisy Duck and later on Pluto, they can be found anywhere in the WDW area), getting rid of 4 characters(Max Goof, Bolt, Lilo & Stitch, even if the latter two are still in the resort) from Disney's Hollywood Studios three weeks before my trip this past summer :(, and relocating the common ones(Goofy, Chip n Dale, Donald and Daisy Duck), they could had just had them in the front entrance (or added at least random uncommon friends instead), or they could had made Character-Palozza a daily thing and not a surprise 30 minute thing that cast members aren't allowed to talk about. Also they got rid of all of Tink's fairy friends in 2014 when Tinkerbell moved to Main Street Theater, COME ON DISNEY! You could had at least two or three of her fairy friends in that area at Main Street Theater with her(or would had debuted Zarina from The Pirate Fairy at that same time period). Also they didn't have Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps from Disney's billion dollar worldwide(US included)smash hit, Zootopia up for regular character appearances at WDW, instead they placed them in a street party, which Disney made a ridiculous move. Getting rid of Marie in March really made everyone sad, she could had replaced Pluto(and relocate him to Storybook Circus instead), but at least we had Stitch(which is better than nothing). Chip n Dale replaced Woody and Jessie in Frontierland over a month ago, why couldn't Brer Bear, Brer Rabbit, and/or Brer Fox be in that spot instead. Getting rid of Dug from the ever-popular/ fan favorite Pixar film, Up at Animal Kingdom this month, why couldn't they leave these characters alone, Disney. Really mad at these changes nowadays, and i swear if they do a Pickle and Peanut meet and greet and not a Star and Marco(from Star vs the Forces of Evil)meet and greet, We(the P&P haters) will be very mad.

Update: I forgot to mention that they have fewer Pixar buddies nowadays(Woody, Buzz, GAM, Filk, Russell, Merida, Joy, and Sadness, Incredibles are still here, but only at dance parties :/ aside from Jessie & Dug being gone(for now), There's no more Ratatouille(Remy & Emile), Monsters Inc.(Mike & Sulley), and Cars(McQueen & Mater) M&Gs in WDW anymore neither). :(

When Launch Bay opened at Disney's Hollywood Studios last year, were only two meet and greet areas one features Chewbacca and another features Darth Vader(later, Kylo Ren) and only Jawas and Stormtroopers roam around, and guess what? THEY AREN'T ENOUGH STAR WARS CHARACTERS IN THE PARK, LIKE STAR WARS WEEKENDS, AND WORST OF ALL, If you have an autograph book and want their signatures, THEY WON'T SIGN, DISNEY MADE ANOTHER RIDICULOUS MOVE THAT THESE CHARACTERS WON'T SIGN, EVEN THOUGH JAWAS, CHEWIE, VADER, AND STORMTROOPERS SIGNED DURING STAR WARS WEEKENDS, AND COME ON! KYLO REN HAS FINGERS, HE CAN SIGN! Why can't they have R2-D2, C3-PO, Ewoks, Boba Fett, the guys from Rebels(Ezra and Sabine), even Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars and Rebels, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Rey, Finn, Poe, and of course BB-8, plus many others all over the park, signing autographs(except for some and all the droids including R2-D2, C3-PO, and BB-8).

:(

Note: Not everyone cares about this *facepalms*

Last edited:

Minnie Mum

Jeez, at least you warned us it was a rant. Not EVERYBODY is a fanatic about character M&Gs. Some adults, and even some kids, couldn't care less.

Why does Disney do, or not do, anything? $$$$$$.

ETA, I noticed that right after I posted, you changed the thread title. You should have left it alone. It IS a rant. Own it.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

I haven't been but from all the posts on the forums makes character gets seem like a big frustration. Would my kid be willing to stand in line an hour to meet most characters? No and she's only 8. The exception I would see her making is Pluto and Tigger... and apparently she insists on her dad meeting Chewbacca. There's so many other things for kids to look forward to that character meets just aren't a high priority for her.

Po'Rich

Not EVERYBODY is a fanatic about character M&Gs. Some adults, and even some kids, couldn't care less.

This could be true of most things at WDW. Not EVERYBODY is a fan of parades, ROL, Epcot, roller coasters, street performers, or even TOT. The point that I see here is M&Gs are another cutback seen at WDW. People who like M&Gs have as much of a right on these forums to express their frustrations as those concerned about a ToT overlay. Personally, I think the OP did a pretty good job of capturing all of the M&G cutbacks that have occurred.

I remember on our first trip to WDW; my daughter's big thing was the M&Gs. We bought her an autograph book at the airport, and she proudly acquired signature after signature (she was sooo mad when Gaston signed over two pages!). When we got home, we put a picture next to each signature. As we have returned, we kept up the tradition and picked up new characters each time (only new, she doesn't do duplicates). Now, my daughter's autograph book is a nice record of our visits. Through those pages, we have also have captured her as she has grown from a child to a teen.

I think it's sad if Disney cuts back on M&Gs, or even if they cut back on the variety of M&Gs. It was one more thing that added to the atmosphere that makes WDW unique. I don't mind change. Change is inevitable and good. However, cutbacks are different. When cutbacks occur, former offerings are removed without replacement. Right now, I see lots of cutbacks occurring without many replacements (until 2019).

ScottKC

We love the meet & greets and our boys have several filled autograph/photo albums. Since we go to both Disneyland and Walt Disney World regularly it is fascinating to compare the 2 resorts approaches to character meet & greets.

At DLR while there are a few dedicated queues and backgrounds most of them are on the street. Sometimes there will be a photopass photographer and a handler, but sometimes not. When we met Donald Duck he was his own crowd control! No photographer, no handler, he very clearly instructed us to line up along a fence and wait our turn. When they go on break they ask you not to stay in line because the returning character will not always be the same one(Mickey left, we stuck around and Donald returned in the same place).

At WDW the queues are generally longer and themed with elaborate backdrops, and there are fastpasses. The Incredibles Dance Party is a chance for you to interact with the characters without autograph books, lines, and they are just out in the open, almost like the old roaming days.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
There's someone from a website who said about Woody & Jessie being booted by Chip n Dale, they could had kept these chipmunks in Storybook Circus instead, and had Brer Rabbit, Fox, and Bear there instead:
NOT OK. You "can't afford" Jessie & Woody AND the Muppets, but put Chip & Dale there instead?

mm52200

There's someone from a website who said about Woody & Jessie being booted by Chip n Dale, they could had kept these chipmunks in Storybook Circus instead, and had Brer Rabbit, Fox, and Bear there instead:
NOT OK. You "can't afford" Jessie & Woody AND the Muppets, but put Chip & Dale there instead?
Chip and Dale didn't replace Woody and Jessie. Woody and Jessie were cut, the chipmunks were then relocated to that spot from Storybook Circus. Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear do appear most days during the Frontierland Hoedown Happening atleast.

Ryan H. Serowinski

Original Poster
Chip and Dale didn't replace Woody and Jessie. Woody and Jessie were cut, the chipmunks were then relocated to that spot from Storybook Circus. Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear do appear most days during the Frontierland Hoedown Happening atleast.
I hate how common characters go to spots like that :(
and it's also the dance parties fault, they should end these!

Last edited:

Vipraa

If you have an autograph book and want their signatures, THEY WON'T SIGN, DISNEY MADE ANOTHER RIDICULOUS MOVE THAT THESE CHARACTERS WON'T SIGN, EVEN THOUGH JAWAS, CHEWIE, VADER, AND STORMTROOPERS SIGNED DURING STAR WARS WEEKENDS, AND COME ON! KYLO REN HAS FINGERS, HE CAN SIGN! Why can't they have R2-D2, C3-PO, Ewoks, Boba Fett, the guys from Rebels(Ezra and Sabine), even Ahsoka Tano from Clone Wars and Rebels, Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Rey, Finn, Poe, and of course BB-8, plus many others all over the park, signing autographs(except for some and all the droids including R2-D2, C3-PO, and BB-8).

That's a decree from Lucasfilm not Disney. Lucasfilm doesn't want any Star Wars characters to sign.

ScottKC

We caught the last Star Wars weekend but only got Darth Maul's autograph...in English. I guess it would have been more accurate if he signed in "Aurebesh"! We bought a name tag for our son and it had his name in "Aurebesh", would be a nice detail if the Star Wars characters would sign using that made up alphabet.

Last edited:

daisyduckie

There are so many different characters if Disney had them all out there would be no room for park goers.

I don't have the fond memories of the wandering characters that others seem to. I remember stressing because the characters were alays mobbed, and you had to thrust your child forward at precisely the right moment in order to get a pic and an autograph. It was horrible! Many times you were not lucky and missed out. At least now you know where the characters are, and if you will be able to get to meet them or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom