News Walt Disney World casting for a new experience celebrating Encanto

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here are today’s showtimes for ¡Celebración Encanto!: 9:45am, 10:45am, 11:45am, 1:25pm, 2:25pm, 3:25pm and 3:45pm.

IMG_FF27AAD316A3-1.jpeg

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I saw a clip of this. The part I saw looked and felt very odd. Hope it’s better than what I viewed because yikes. Why are they trying so hard to push this in Epcot?

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I saw a clip of this. The part I saw looked and felt very odd. Hope it’s better than what I viewed because yikes. Why are they trying so hard to push this in Epcot?
If little kids like it, I don’t mind. Trivia with a bit of Spanish is fine and it sounds like there will be entertainment more for adults after 5 years pm.

bwr827

Encanto has awesome music. Glad to see it getting some traction at a park before hopefully landing more fully as a show at one of the parks. Whichever one is developing the Encanto (I think AK which is a great fit).

Bocabear

But wouldn[t this show better fit in World Showcase someplace? Rather than right there.....in the central core of the park...

JohnD

¡Celebración Encanto! Stage Show Debuts at EPCOT​

Video available at the link above
So I'm 15 minutes into it so far. It's just another sing-along with a screen showing scenes from the movie and words at the bottom highlighted as the songs progress. It even has two storytellers similar to the Frozen sing-along in HS. Being outside, I guess its more participatory with show leaders leading children in dancing. Can't do that at an inside auditorium.

jeanericuser001

We'll see about that. It may get moved around but disney needs to some how keep encanto from being forgotten. That is why coco is in mexico. That is why brave still has a show at MK despite no hopes for a ride. They need to keep the movie in the minds of guests or it gets forgotten. Once forgotten its almost impossible to move merchandise for it. That is why you see no mention of chicken little. If they are gonna be doing attractions for it later on they need to keep it in the minds of guests. Besides this allows them to iron out the bugs for the larger encanto stage show. This is merely another phase for encanto.

doctornick

It’s in an area called World Celebration. Makes sense to me.

It is what it is. I'm fine with people not liking it due to it being an IP, but am still waiting for someone to explain what performance would exactly be the "right fit" for this spot? If the answer is "nothing", would we rather they just don't even try for live entertainment?

ToTBellHop

It is what it is. I'm fine with people not liking it due to it being an IP, but am still waiting for someone to explain what performance would exactly be the "right fit" for this spot? If the answer is "nothing", would we rather they just don't even try for live entertainment?
Most of the year, it will have the festival concerts. In the summer, it will have whatever Disney comes up with, I guess. I wouldn't expect tremendous production value from a show designed to last for 3 months, though.

doctornick

Most of the year, it will have the festival concerts. In the summer, it will have whatever Disney comes up with, I guess. I wouldn't expect tremendous production value from a show designed to last for 3 months, though.

Sure, two different things... (1) what is the show and does it "fit"? and (2) how good is the show?

I wouldn't expect greatness out of a summer filler so that to me is fine. My bigger question is what exactly would be "more appropriate" for a show concept? Seems like anything ethnic/cultural would get poo-pooed as belonging in WS instead. So, something based on... technology? imagination? Would people be okay with an Inside Out show here?

ToTBellHop

Sure, two different things... (1) what is the show and does it "fit"? and (2) how good is the show?

I wouldn't expect greatness out of a summer filler so that to me is fine. My bigger question is what exactly would be "more appropriate" for a show concept? Seems like anything ethnic/cultural would get poo-pooed as belonging in WS instead. So, something based on... technology? imagination? Would people be okay with an Inside Out show here?
Oh, I don't have a problem with this offering. As for others? I don't know.

One year, they presented a truncated version of Stomp all summer at Epcot. I thought that was pretty cool. Perhaps too similar to Jammitors at the front of the park.

I'd probably just cycle through various acts. There are so many acts that used to be featured in World Showcase that have been cut (and, frankly, are uncomfortable to watch in the summer sun) that would be cool here. Bring back the "French" dudes who used to stack up the chairs and put them in the shade here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom