Walt Disney World Attraction Draft

HamFam

Original Poster
In light of tonight's NFL draft, I thought it would be fun to take all the attractions/shows/festivals/etc. from the 4 parks and draft attractions. Obviously, AK would get more attractions, and MK fewer. And unlike the NFL, where the worst team gets the top pick to help them become more competitive, at this point in WDW the rich get richer! (FLE). If you were drafting attractions, how would it go? To give you a little help . . .
Round 1
AK - Splash Mountain
HS -
E -
MK -
Round 2
AK -
HS -
E -
MK -
Round 3
AK -
HS -
E -
MK -
Round 4
AK -
HS -
E -
MK -

zurgandfriend

My first round would go as follows;
Animal Kingdom - in a surprise move selects the Matterhorn from Disneyland CA
Hollywood Studios - selects Monster Inc. Laugh Floor from the Magic Kingdom
Epcot - selects Carrousel of Progress from the Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom selects – Finding Nemo from Epcot

In the subsequently rounds I could see Hollywood Studios selecting Bugs 3D from AK and Cars Land from California Adventure. I could see a hair helmeted Guy Smiley from the Muppets doing the whole Mel Kiper Jr. thing discussing the picks.

Thrill Seeker

The best way to do this is, like the NFL Draft, you keep what you have. That being said, DAK would get the top pick due to lack of attractions followed by DHS, Epcot and MK. You can draft attractions from any other park besides the four draftees. Each park has needs (thrill rides, omnimovers exc)and what they draft must go with the park's overall theme, so don't draft Revenge of the Mummy for DAK just because it's great.

My first round would go as follows:

With the first pick in the 2013 Attraction Draft, Disney's Animal Kingdom selects Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo DisneySea. It addresses the need of being a huge draw and fits the theme.

With the second pick, Disney's Hollywood Studios selects Radiator Springs Racers from Disney California Adventure to expand Pixar Place.

With the third pick, Epcot selects Stormrider from Tokyo DisneySea to be part of a new weather pavilion. This is kinda a surprise pick, but it does fill a need in Future World.

With the fourth pick, Magic Kingdom selects Mystic Manor from Hong Kong Disneyland to be added to Adventureland.

cynic710

in the second round (assuming the draft order remians)...

AK selects-jurassic park river adventure from IoA and introduces a new land of dinosaurs, which is a lead for more exotic possibilites like avatar.

DHS selects-the indiana jones adventure-temple of the crystal skulls from disneyland, which replaces the area used for sounds dangerous, creating an entrance into lucasfilmland, followed by the new tattuine.

Epcot selects-elecTRONica from disneyland, and pairs it with a new light bike roller coaster in a refurbished pavillion.

MK selects-Jaws the ride formally of Universal- to go in adventureland to replace the swiss family treehouse.

Thrill Seeker

My second round would go as follows:

DAK with the 5th pick would draft 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea from DisneySea to go along with JTTCOTE.

DHS would draft the Indiana Jones Adventure from Disneyland, a move that disappoints MK, who hoped it would drop lower.

Epcot selects Ratatouille from Disney Studios Paris, disappointing DHS fans...

MK selects...wait, it looks like MK has traded their second round pick to DHS for a second 3rd round selection! DHS selects the Red Car Trolleys from DCA! Draft day drama here, folks!

luv

Can't have each person doing all the drafting. Not sure how that makes sense.

And from where do we pull this stuff? Just Disney? Just Orlando? USA? Whole world?

Plus, we had no time to do any wooing. Yeesh!

Help us out here. :)

MK - Spectro
Epcot - Millenium Force
DHS - roller coaster outside, with legs hanging down...can be the Monster theme
AK - pandas

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Can't have each person doing all the drafting. Not sure how that makes sense.

And from where do we pull this stuff? Just Disney? Just Orlando? USA? Whole world?

Plus, we had no time to do any wooing. Yeesh!

Help us out here. :)

MK - Spectro
Epcot - Millenium Force
DHS - roller coaster outside, with legs hanging down...can be the Monster theme
AK - pandas

Agreed, but I'm not sure how to woo attractions. With regards to the pandas, let us not even go there since we don't a little padlock in this threads future....

Communicore

Round 1
AK - Swan Boats
HS - Cars Land
E - Communicore
MK - Cinderella Castle
Round 2
AK - Expedition Everest
HS - Sorcerer's Hat, then trades it to DCA for Buena Vista St.
E - Horizons
MK - 1971 Tomorrowland
Round 3
AK - Tree of Life/Tough To Be A Bug
HS - Tower of Terror
E - The 1982 Imagination Pavilion
MK - DL's Pirates
Round 4
AK - The Seas with Nemo and Friends
HS - Soarin'
E - Cronkite's SSE
MK - The 1971 Tiki Room

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom