Walt Disney World annual pass price increases now in effect (February 2020)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I said “limits”...not eliminate.

And school calendars vary by region. Both the summer and Christmas/Easter blackout dates most heavily impact the regions of the country where the heavy money is for the wdw target audiences...

The eastern seaboard and upper Midwest/rust belt near Chicago

I get what you are saying and yes I know you said “limit”, and I know school breaks vary greatly, but In general all the ones I listed minus Mardi Gras, are the most common to have that most (not all) have at some point, outside of Easter and Christmas. Still plenty of times to choose to go throughout the year to get money worth out of a pass. And if they can’t then you don’t get an AP. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes correct just was looking at historic info. (I knew I had been buying it a while haha) Anywho my point basically is the Gold pass is still good for families and hey yes the other passes don’t have blackouts and prices would of gone up to where they are today regardless for the passes. So I am thankful they offer a cheaper option so I don’t have to pay platinum prices when we don’t travel ever those 4 weeks, but still want all the other perks of platimum, etc etc. ;)

😐

I get your point...but the data suggests you are not really saving anything based on the historic ticket data/prices.

Your actually paying more than for non-blackout tickets prices prior to relabeling - which was 5 short years ago...

Your just not paying the higher price now. So you’re out of pocket has gone up 25% ish percent since that date...not 100% for the full old ticket.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I don't think it's as much of a value as it once was, but there's certainly still value in it.
For us personally we save a ton on admission alone with a Gold pass. When we have one we go 1- 2 week trip (that alone we get our money’s worth being we stop in a park every day or more than one). Gold pass $719 now (bought ours at $699 again sat though) vs. park hopper for 14 days total of $1220! (you have to buy a 10 day $665 and 4 day $552 hoppers) But we then take another 2 week trip almost exactly a year apart so really get our money worth in admission. Or we do the 2 week trip and a 4/5 day trip etc. So for us still has a great value even with one single 2 week trip. ;)

Last edited:

WDW_Emily

This out of state person might have just been priced out....which I think is Disney's plan. I was planning on upgrading my 5 day hoppers to an ap in April, with plans to go a total of 15 days between April 2020 and April 2021. I'm going to have to really crunch the numbers to see if it's worth it. Almost $1200 for a pass that I got in feb. 2018 at $900 that's a big increase in 2 years. Meanwhile the FL resident passes are seeing minimal increases and are allowed a payment plan.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
For us personally we save a ton on admission alone with a Gold pass. When we have one we go 1- 2 week trip (that alone we get our money’s worth being we stop in a park every day or more than one). Gold pass $719 now (bought ours at $699 again sat though) vs. park hopper for 14 days total of $1220! (you have to buy a 10 day $665 and 4 day $552 hoppers) But we then take another 2 week trip almost exactly a year apart so really get our money worth in admission. Or we do the 2 week trip and a 4/5 day trip etc. So for us still has a great value even with one single 2 week trip. ;)

Sure and I'm certainly not discounting that. You could get nearly equal value from the select pass, although your choice of parks may not always be what you prefer.

KBLovedDisney

42d64e365d5321b572d26b24a5976ed2.gif

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

"Can we just get the current prices, with tax, for Platinum, Gold, whatever."

Yes, on Disney's website.

You're right that they don't publish renewal prices unless you're within the window.
BUT - got some data for everyone :).

I CALLED DVC. They were kind enough to tell me the new cost, WITH TAX, for a Gold AP Renewal - DVC Owner.
$650.72.

Hope this helps others, doing financial planning :).

halltd

I’m surprised they didn’t jack up the FL resident passes. They’re the bloggers making a ton of money off of Disney and clogging up the parks. Out of state people are already a profit since they don’t go as often, yet spend way more per day in the parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney no longer seeks to get as many people into the parks as possible. They want whoever comes to be paying as much as possible to get in, planning as far out as possible so they can manipulate staffing accordingly, and then charge those in the gates as much as possible for food, beverages, and merchandise.

Edited to correct a grammatical error.
They want that...

...and as many people as possible.

They have been engineering the place for 30 years to attempt to increase attendance with less per capita overhead expense. I wouldn’t count on it stopping anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom