News Walt Disney World Annual Pass price changes effective October 16 2018

Kman101

I'd also say the local FL Ap's prop up the F&W as well......maybe too well?

I'd be interested in a true breakdown. I do agree locals crowd the festivals at Epcot but it's not like locals are given a ton of incentives to go to the parks like other Disney parks that do more locally geared things.

Don't forget out of state residents can also have APs. And many plan their trips around festivals.

I'm not really sure APs are a problem in Florida like some want to believe.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If they are thinking the APs are not needed any longer then they have developed memory loss. Who saved them after 9/11?

So very, very true. Anytime there's a downturn, they turn to AP holders.

But nothing that has happened in the past matters, don't you know that? Several posters here remind us regularly that only the now matters.

Since we know TWDC reads these forums, here's a nickel's worth of free advice - Ignore, belittle, and de-value AP holders at your own risk.

ppete1975

I feel like we think they put a lot of focus on this kind of thing but I really don't know that they do as much as we think they do.

I mean you have lifestylers buying the latest cupcakes and snacks and giving them free publicity daily. APs aren't going away. And there's no way they do away with a renewal discount. But these prices are a slippery slope. I've been OK because I go with the weekday pass. I'm now starting to have that internal debate with myself. I went a lot last year, not as much this year (no major particular reasons, just different things going on).

I also have a hard time believing they open Star Wars Land the week before Christmas. But stranger things have happened I suppose. I do agree with @HauntedPirate that we see at least two increases next year.
I don't think they are going away, I just think they are going to let the prices weed out some. And expect all tickets to go crazy next year.... then tron another massive increase.... God I hope I'm wrong

winstongator

2017-2018 Year to date increases (Florida Resident AP and Renewal Prices w/o tax):
Silver went up $60. (14%) - $40 today alone New Price $479 ($1916 for a family of four)
Gold went up $50 (9%) - $20 today alone New Price $609 ($2436 for a family of four)
Platinum went up $70 (10%)- $45 today alone New Price $749 ($2996 for a family of four)
Platinum Plus went up $80 (10%) - $45 today alone New Price $849 ($3396 for a family of four)

Also blackout dates not posted beyond September 2019 yet. (Important for those considering Galaxy's Edge)
I'm guessing a blackout from Thanksgiving to New Years. Just my guess, no supporting data.

winstongator

The 3-4 day FL resident special (Disney Select Tickets) appears to be gone. There is a new 3 and 4 day option but the prices are variable and you have to use them in consecutive days- not within 6 months of first use like the old tickets.
This was the biggest change for me.

winstongator

Full disclosure: I have the original Mickey, Epcot Minnie Mouse and HS Donald. I pine for Holiday Mickey, F&G Mickey, and F&W Chef Mickey. Can't wait to find out what holiday magnet awaits me in December. Oh, the anticipation.
I have Holiday Mickey & hope to get Chef Mickey soon. Noles and Gators coming together to make a complete set? JK, I gave the Holiday ones to my daughters and wouldn't want to take one to trade.

winstongator

I've got APs I've purchased but not yet activated. Was planning on using late this month, Thanksgiving and Spring Break. Do I sit on them, modify my trips, get 18 months at Universal, and activate the WDW APs either towards the end or after that? I have already told my daughters about the Thanksgiving trip, and we are meeting my parents. My mom will definitely prefer WDW over Universal, and my younger daughter is looking forward to the less intense coasters of WDW. We will also likely have friends visiting that Spring Break who will prefer WDW to Universal - at least somewhat. I'll probably stick to the original plan, but the 18 months for 12 is attractive.

Wendy Pleakley

I know it's a cliche, but they will stop the rampant increases when people stop paying them.

The prices go up, and people keep going.

The continued success of the Disney theme parks tells me that the vast majority of people are happy with the prices. It is what it is.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I have a question about that because my Universal AP is about to expire and they are offering me the 18 months.

Does that start the moment you renew? Or do you have to go to the ticket office and activate the new AP? And when do you have to activate your new AP after your old AP expires.

If it's a renewal, it automatically starts on the date your AP expires/renews. If it's a new AP it begins the first time you use it.

winstongator

I have a question about that because my Universal AP is about to expire and they are offering me the 18 months.

Does that start the moment you renew? Or do you have to go to the ticket office and activate the new AP? And when do you have to activate your new AP after your old AP expires.
I don't have a Universal pass. That would be another purchase.

At least for WDW, when you renew, the new pass starts the day after the old one expired. I think they gave you a month 'grace' period to get the 10% or so renewal discount. I have no idea what Universal does.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I don't have a Universal pass. That would be another purchase.

At least for WDW, when you renew, the new pass starts the day after the old one expired. I think they gave you a month 'grace' period to get the 10% or so renewal discount. I have no idea what Universal does.

You get 20% on the fully paid AP if you renew before the expiration date. I could be mistaken, but I think that discounted renewal offer expires with the pass.

Here's the AP renewal link: https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/uoap-renewal/index.html

JoeCamel

zombiebbq

Why? The highest priced Disneyland Resort AP, which offers entrance into the two Anaheim theme parks 365 days per year plus a gaggle of minor discounts, is currently $1,149 before the 2018 price increase that is reported to come later this month.

So why would a top tier WDW AP that offers 365 days entrance to four theme parks and two water parks plus a gaggle of minor discounts, be any less than the Disneyland AP that has half as many theme parks and absolutely no water slides to offer?

It would seem to me that the WDW AP offerings, even after the 2018 price increase, are an absolute bargain compared to what the same company offers to AP holders on the West Coast.
the bottom line is you need to USE these pass privileges enough and it will earn itself back. those "gaggle of minor discounts" will pay for the pass if you truly go enough.

zombiebbq

Ok everyone....our entire family-kids-grandkids, have now been priced out of Disney! We will just have to read about your wonderful trips here on WDW Magic. I am glad my husband and I had many great trips, and sad that the grandkids may never get there. :cry:
I am so sorry to hear this. As it stands my husband and I will never have the disposable income for a true Disney trip either..we are going all out at Tokyo Disney for our honeymoon and I don't know when we will be able to get back to WDW any time soon (and if we do Universal is our focus for a variety of reasons). I feel you!

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
the bottom line is you need to USE these pass privileges enough and it will earn itself back. those "gaggle of minor discounts" will pay for the pass if you truly go enough.

That's not true, the pass will never "pay for itself" through discounts as you wouldn't be making any of those purchases if you didn't have the pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom