News Walt Disney World Adds Water Park Perk for 2025 Resort Guests

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm just throwing this out there. According to the latest RCID Comprehensive Plan:
  • Typhoon Lagoon averaged 6,159 guests per day in 2019
  • Blizzard Beach averaged 5,433 guests per day in 2019
  • "Overnight Resort Guests" (including Disney Springs) averaged 97,107 in 2019
Interestingly, they used AECOM numbers for water park attendance. I assume that (for liability reasons) RCID did not have data that contradicted those numbers in a material way.

I'm not sure what each water park's capacity is, but I found these on the interwebs:
  • Typhoon Lagoon park capacity = 7,200
  • Blizzard Beach park capacity = 7,000
So there are around 97,000 resort guests per day, both parks averaged 11,500-ish guests per day, and they have capacity for an additional 2,700 guests before hitting capacity.

Let's assume the best-case scenario: all 11,500 water park guests are also resort guests. That leaves us with 97,100 - 11,500 = 85,600 guests eligible for this new benefit.

2,700 is 3.2% of 85,600.

So Disney expects less than 1 in 33 guests to take them up on this offer? I would not bet the rent on that. What am I missing?
It’s a gimmick that neither costs them anything…nor accomplishes anything?

Just looking for a tad of good PR/juju

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This is something my family and I might take advantage of since we've started driving down the day before and staying off site before checking in the next day 🤔 I haven't been to either water park since 2019.

ToTBellHop

I'm just throwing this out there. According to the latest RCID Comprehensive Plan:
  • Typhoon Lagoon averaged 6,159 guests per day in 2019
  • Blizzard Beach averaged 5,433 guests per day in 2019
  • "Overnight Resort Guests" (including Disney Springs) averaged 97,107 in 2019
Interestingly, they used AECOM numbers for water park attendance. I assume that (for liability reasons) RCID did not have data that contradicted those numbers in a material way.

I'm not sure what each water park's capacity is, but I found these on the interwebs:
  • Typhoon Lagoon park capacity = 7,200
  • Blizzard Beach park capacity = 7,000
So there are around 97,000 resort guests per day, both parks averaged 11,500-ish guests per day, and they have capacity for an additional 2,700 guests before hitting capacity.

Let's assume the best-case scenario: all 11,500 water park guests are also resort guests. That leaves us with 97,100 - 11,500 = 85,600 guests eligible for this new benefit.

2,700 is 3.2% of 85,600.

So Disney expects less than 1 in 33 guests to take them up on this offer? I would not bet the rent on that. What am I missing?
I think we can also presume most guests won’t double dip, so some percentage of the 11,500 will instead opt to skip getting a ticket that includes water parks and will go to the water park on day 1, instead. Further, most of these additional resort guests won’t arrive until at least 1 or 2 pm, when many day guests are on their way out. So, if both water parks are open, I suspect they will be able to welcome 5k or 6k new arrivals in the afternoon. I would bet that’s a reasonable percentage of the 15k or so checking in. Many check in too late to take advantage of this offering and many others just won’t. In cooler months, demand is even lower but maybe we will finally get both water parks open summer 2025. Dare to dream.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is something my family and I might take advantage of since we've started driving down the day before and staying off site before checking in the next day 🤔 I haven't been to either water park since 2019.
Well they haven’t had more than 1 open since then…so it will make your choice easy 👍🏻

lentesta

Premium Member
I think we can also presume most guests won’t double dip, so some percentage of the 11,500 will instead opt to skip getting a ticket that includes water parks and will go to the water park on day 1, instead. Further, most of these additional resort guests won’t arrive until at least 1 or 2 pm, when many day guests are on their way out. So, if both water parks are open, I suspect they will be able to welcome 5k or 6k new arrivals in the afternoon. I would bet that’s a reasonable percentage of the 15k or so checking in. Many check in too late to take advantage of this offering and many others just won’t. In cooler months, demand is even lower but maybe we will finally get both water parks open summer 2025. Dare to dream.

Ah, I forgot check-in days. Thank you.

Chip Chipperson

You can book single nights online. DS just did that for a pre-cruise night.

Plus DVC members have always been able to book single nights.
Yeah, I booked a single night at Wilderness Lodge this past December for a cash room and then booked the rest of my stay at Kidani on points. There were no issues with getting a single night through Disney's website.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I really feel like starting next year they will have both water parks open at same time... A few weeks ago blizzard beach hit capacity I believe.
If they do…it would be a for a reason other than this promo

But I don’t think they do anyway. They have cut costs everywhere and operating two waterparks is undoubtedly a “loss” to their 24 year old Stanford grads who determine fiscal policy

Funny isn’t it? How a little thing can turn epic? Like i said. Reactions to epic universe will continue both overreaction and chemically or like you know substantial to the claim. I mean even that other park, won’t say the name ( sea world) announced things today. I just think we can’t understate it enough that’s there an epicdemic and parks are reacting. Disney leading the way per usual but i mean like it’s what we know, it’s not evergreen information that’s not disclosed. Right?

Chip Chipperson

Resort check in is at 3pm and water park closes a few hours later ? It takes an hour just waiting for a Disney bus at the resort …
Your room doesn't have to be ready in order to use the perk. It just has to be the day of your check-in, regardless of whether you have access to your room yet. So if you arrive at 11 AM and your room isn't ready, you can head to a water park while you wait.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom