News Walt Disney World Adds Water Park Perk for 2025 Resort Guests

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
All resorts that are non-DVC. I have to believe there’s a mechanism in the deed issues that prevent them from taking whole blocks of DVC offline without some make good to the “owners” (to say nothing of disclosures). Plus it seems easier to hide in plain sight a building at a value or out of the way moderate rather than, say, Big Pine Key or Moorea.
They cannot easily shut down declared dc. Rooms…since they are not “for sale”. They’re bought…which means the “ownership interest” must be available

nickys

Premium Member
Those of us who do split stays could theoretically go for the day on switchover day. Unclear on if you’d have to check an at the new resort to get the ticket, and then go to the water park, however. That would be a hindrance.
A small hindrance perhaps. But if you have refrigerated items you’d have to take them to the new resort anyway.
And since you don’t have to check-in in person anyway it’s hard to see them enforcing it.

ToTBellHop

A small hindrance perhaps. But if you have refrigerated items you’d have to take them to the new resort anyway.
And since you don’t have to check-in in person anyway it’s hard to see them enforcing it.
I wonder how the free ticket will be loaded into the system, however. I have had issues in the past on split stay with when exactly my magic band switches from the previous resort to the new resort. This isn’t an issue if they actually give you a waterpark ticket under your MDE account, but it is an issue if the system still shows you checked in at the old resort and not the new one.

Ayla

I wonder how the free ticket will be loaded into the system, however. I have had issues in the past on split stay with when exactly my magic band switches from the previous resort to the new resort. This isn’t an issue if they actually give you a waterpark ticket under your MDE account, but it is an issue if the system still shows you checked in at the old resort and not the new one.
Yeah, the tech part of this is a whole 'nother thing.

seabreezept813

But with the water parks closing relatively early, people could still go to DS in the evening. And I think the characterization of people waiting around the resort until 3 to 4 o'clock until the room is ready probably has some validity and this gives them something to do instead that doesn't cost "extra".
I feel like the Disney hotels have solid pools. So I'm sure plenty of people just hang out at these until rooms are ready. Maybe we just weren't super impressed the time we went to the water park. Now if Disney offered entrance into a park after a certain time like 4 or 5 so we could go dine in Epcot and catch a few rides, I would be won over.

nickys

Premium Member
That is true. I’ve always made a point to physically check-out and check-in when doing a split stay - for that very reason.

ToTBellHop

That is true. I’ve always made a point to physically check-out and check-in when doing a split stay - for that very reason.
You just know there is someone at the food blog or the unmentionable place who is booking 7 resorts for one night only for the first week of January 2025 just to see if they can go to a water park for "free" every day and enjoy it in the cloudy 60-degree weather.

nickys

Premium Member
You just know there is someone at the food blog or the unmentionable place who is booking 7 resorts for one night only for the first week of January 2025 just to see if they can go to a water park for "free" every day and enjoy it in the cloudy 60-degree weather.
😆
I guess there’s a balancing act between water parks and ADR “+10” booking.
It might solve the question of what to do on a switch-over day of a split stay.

nickys

Premium Member
Oh I getcha there

Fun fact: I have NEVER used the LOS feature for dining…not once…

And you know why? It’s NEVER worked for me…15 year “glitch”…apparently 🤪
Why have you never asked?????

There are 2 ways to book dining, one works for length of stay, the other has always been dicey / glitchy / call it what you will.

I can elaborate if you want. Maybe elsewhere, so as not to go completely OT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom