Walt Disney World adds princess dinner at Cinderella Castle

jakeman

Yeah, I'm going to have to echo the sentiments here. This pretty much quashes any remaining desire to eat at CRT.

It definately refocuses the demographic from: A) those who want a meal with a view of FL to B) those that want to meet a princess in the castle. While I'm sure there is overlap, I can't understand why you would isolate all of the folks who are interested in A only.

While I understand the fan's dismay at the focus on Princesses, there must be demand out there for these experiences. With that said, perception is being built that CRT is only for girls. When the princess thing dies down (which it will eventually), you now have a restaruant with a reputation for catering to a specific demographic.

I definitely support Disney pursuing all revenue streams, it seems there is a lack of balance in this decision.

Table service is hard enough to come by in MK. This doesn't help.

DougK

I strongly dislike character meals.

I HATE the notion that they are a vital part of a magical WDW vacation.

I wonder how we ever made it through the 1970s and 80s without them. Or lived thru the 90s when they were around but with moderation.

Disney has taken a magical location for ALL guests and turned it into an overpriced extention of their Jon-Benet Boutique. Used to be I could at least have lunch or dinner at Cindy's ... not anymore.

And LTT is fine, so long as you get out before dinner.

Don't even get me started on Crystal Palace.

Spirit, I agree with this completely, and "Jon-Benet Boutique" is hilarious!

epcotWSC

Booo, I used to enjoy dinner at Cinderella's castle because there was very little character stuff and it could actually be romantic. Having all of the princesses coming around to each table would just ruin it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Booo, I used to enjoy dinner at Cinderella's castle because there was very little character stuff and it could actually be romantic. Having all of the princesses coming around to each table would just ruin it.

There is no more romance at CRT. All it is now, and quite frankly, what it sort of was anyway, Is a place to really take advantage of the parents of 5 year old girls. This location could be great for adults as well as families if they would just make lunch and dinner a non character experience. MK severely lacks any kind of nice upscale place to eat. Cinderella Castle is the perfect place to have such an experience. But instead TDO has decided to rob the parents of 5 year old girls. $55 for a character meal? $33 for a kid? It is the worst. I have no problem spending that kind of money for an upscale dining experience. But to spend it to be surrounded by screaming kids, and princesses, no thanks.

stlbobby

I am surprised at the tone of this thread. I love character meals and I don't think I'm in the minority because the character reservations are some of the hardest to get, and the venues keep expanding--Chef Mickey's recently grew, Liberty tree brought the characters back, and the Royal Table is trying to get as many seatings as possible with characters.

There are so many great places for fine dining just a monorail ride away I have no problem with character dining dominating the park, it is The Magic Kingdom after all.

And while I agree the princess' main appeal is young girls. I know from taking my stepson to the princess breakfast in EPCOT when he was in high school teenage boys and young men can find something to occupy themselves.

I remember going to CRT once growing up and there was more than just princesses there. I remember they had characters for everyone. I was like 8 or 9 and I just remember getting to meet Peter Pan, who was my brother's favorite Disney charater. Even though I am 21 I still enjoy going to character meals. When i was down there the last time I tried getting into the princess breakfest in Norway and damn is that hard to get into, even just for two people! What would make me happier is if Alice and the Mad Hatter had a presence in any of the character meals.

lebeau

The point is that the Princess meals fill up quickly. Whereas I could almost always get dinner reservations at late notice. Sometimes even same day.

As always, Disney sees dollar signs. Can't say as I blame them.

I'll be interested to see if the demand for these meals goes down once the princesses are more readily (and cheaply) available thanks to the FL expansion. My guess is the FL expansion will be packed and these overpriced meals will be a lot less popular.

sockmonkeygirl

Definately skipping character dining. Sounds like fun, expensive fun, kinda frivolous. Cool if you have the money and the patience. I think I would have prefered dining in the castle without the princesses though.

Crazy4WDW1

It just would be nice to have one option at the Castle that wasn't a character meal. I always loved the atmosphere and food at lunch was always good. My kids have eaten there since they were babies and there were no characters back then. It was a nice quiet place to get a good meal in the park. I wouldn't even mind the characters now, but that $55 price is absolutely rediculous.

Not everyone that visits Walt Disney World has or is a 4-year old girl. It seems Disney is really catering to this demographic lately though.

Probably because every Princess meal is PACKED to the gills with parents willing to spend $100.00 for 3 people to eat breakfast.

I'm bitter party of 1 over here!

We do 1 character meal a trip because it helps me avoid waiting to meet characters in parks when we could be riding rides. However - if it wasn't for that aspect I would totally skip it.

That being said - Crystal Palace has a stellar lunch and I think the price is right.

~Amanda

It just would be nice to have one option at the Castle that wasn't a character meal. I always loved the atmosphere and food at lunch was always good. My kids have eaten there since they were babies and there were no characters back then. It was a nice quiet place to get a good meal in the park. I wouldn't even mind the characters now, but that $55 price is absolutely rediculous.

I do agree - would love to take me kid there to eat in the castle - but really can't justify the cost of the character meal there.

~Amanda

TinkerBell#1

I remember going to CRT once growing up and there was more than just princesses there. I remember they had characters for everyone. I was like 8 or 9 and I just remember getting to meet Peter Pan, who was my brother's favorite Disney charater. Even though I am 21 I still enjoy going to character meals. When i was down there the last time I tried getting into the princess breakfest in Norway and damn is that hard to get into, even just for two people! What would make me happier is if Alice and the Mad Hatter had a presence in any of the character meals.

Alice and the Mad Hatter was at 1900 Fair in Sept 2009. I took my wife thier for breakfast with Mary Poppins her favorit Character.

Wonder if you can guess mine. haha

TinkerBell#1

Prinsess's in Norway

I know I am new to WDW. Only been twice. As of right now I love character meals, but they do have thier place and this is WDW. The main reason for most people comming are for the Characters.

I do agree that Chef Micky should be were the Wave is located.

CRT should not be a character dinner. Main reason I want eat thier is LOCATION and I have 4 year old daughter. According to this thread the food thier is below standers for price they are asking for. If so, that is sad and gives me no reason to go.

What I project is this: When they open up new FL in 2012 they will have the Prinsess's Character Meal in MK move to a newly build resturant. I have not seen anything saying they are building a new resturant, but I can not see them not opening a new resturant(s). What I have seen its hard to walk a medium distance and not see a resturant/ food vender.

Not sure what you mean by Prinsess's in Norway meal are not in theam and should be taken out. Where esle would you put the Prinsess's meals in Epcot? They need another place (Priness's in Norway) buffer the amount of people that want to eat with the Prinsess's.

Its going be a very long time before Prinsess's theam ever dies out. Most young girls love and wants to be a priness, my is exception. She is a Queen and tells us and her maturnal grandmother reminds us all the time.

We loved the Prinsess in Norway lunch this pass December. It was my daughters 4th birthday. Oddly my 2 yr son loved the Prinsess and my daughter almost had nothing to do with them. Was happy to see them, but did not want to take pictures, but my son ate it all up.

lebeau

We loved the Prinsess in Norway lunch this pass December. It was my daughters 4th birthday. Oddly my 2 yr son loved the Prinsess and my daughter almost had nothing to do with them. Was happy to see them, but did not want to take pictures, but my son ate it all up.

Thank you!

I've been saying for a long time that the new FL will not be a girls-only expansion. There are plenty of little boys who enjoy getting attention from pretty princesses.

MMFanCipher

Unless the food quality has dropped since 2007 our breakfast at CRT was excellent. And there was lots of it. Our waiter was great also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom