Walt Disney Research Paper

dizpins14

Original Poster
Hey,

I'm working on a 15 page research paper on Walt Disney, so if anyone would be so kind as to tell me any good books that I should try and find, or some fact that I can not leave out of the paper I would appriciate it very much.

dizpins14

Original Poster
Thanks!! I just went to Disney's website and I was shocked how much info there was on Walt. I mean after 100YoM I was expecting a paragraph or two, I found 50 pgs of typed material. Plus interviews and videos to watch.

SewIn2Disney

I just finished a research paper on Walt Disney (and the creation of Disneyland) !!

If you are thinking about adding in anything about how he came up with the concept of Disneyland, then I suggest reading "Mouse Tales - A Behind the Ears look at Disneyland" by David Koening (sp?) It's a great book, very interesting too.

Also, check out the Disney A-Z (Encyclopedia) by Dave Smith. It's great to double check any (and I mean any) little fact. This book covers anything you can think of that has to do with Walt Disney and the Disney company. It's a really good starting point.

And last, us! I bet you could post any question you might have, and get an anwser in minutes.

Much luck to you on your paper.:)

HeritageBoy

Suggestions..

Hi there,
Last fall semester, I completed 3 independent studies on Walt and the Disney company at large. To give you an idea on my suggestions, I studied 3 areas: (1)Development of the Florida Project, specifically the Reedy Creek Improvement District; (2) The inital EPCOT concept, with a comparison to the Celebration, FL experiment; and (3) An internship overview of my time as a College Programer, mostly about the sociological aspects of the Disney Parks (mostly MK) and historical representation in the parks. All 3 papers were about 20-30 pages in length, so I have more sources then are listed.
Here's a list of my best sources (All have background on Walt and other projects, and they are in order of helpfullness):
(1)Vinyl Leaves: Walt Disney World and America - Stephen Fjellman
(2)Married To The Mouse: Walt Disney World and Orlando - Richard Foglesong
(3)Disney and His Worlds - Alan Bryman
(4)Celebration, USA - Douglas Frantz
These are just 4 books to get started on, and since its only a 15 pager, these and any number of books will get you there.

If I can be of any other help for sources and such, just let me know. Good Luck on your paper!

wed050499

Hey all,

You can't believe how excited i was when I saw this post on my searching this evening. This is my area of specialty and I absolutely love sharing Disney history texts, ideas, etc with people interested in the same thing. I have studied Walt, the Company, and family now for three years straight and am culminating with a 30-page research essay I will complete this may along with two other journal articles I will be writing shortly after entitled "The Myth of the Mouse" and "Disney after Disney."

First, I would ask what period of Disney history you're looking at doing. Personally right now I'm working on an intense study of early Disney history (1901-1939) and World War II (1940-1945), but have an extensive library of material for basically any period. The ones already mentioned are really good books, however I question Mosley's and Fjellman's studies. The one you really want to focus on is Bob Thomas' Walt: An American Original for starts then move on from there. His bibliography of sources is outstanding and well worth the look. If you let me know your time period, perhaps I can help you out further.

Hope that helps,
Brian

wannabeBelle

First off, best of luck to you on your paper. I had posted about my amazement as to how good looking Walt's grandson Walter Elias Disney Miller is, but didnt get any kind of factual information on him except for the fact that he was the executive producer for Walt Disney, The Man behind the Myth, which i am told is very good. Finding it to rent is a different question though, as I called my local Blockbuster and they didnt have either the DVD or video. Wish I could be of more assistance, but if you find out that Walt, junior is single, let me know!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom