Walt Disney board extends Iger's contract as Chairman and CEO through June 2018

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
As stated many times, apparently Disney is working under the false assumptions that both everyone has a smart phone, and secondly, that everyone wants to carry them around the parks and stay connected all day. Seriously, its not like Walt Disney World is supposed to be a vacation from anything...
No matter how many times you state it, it will not make Disney that stupid. It is a plain as day fact that not everyone has a smart phone, and that some who have them don't want to carry them in the parks. So what? Disney is assuming, correctly, that the vast majority of Disney guests have a smart phone with them in the group, and that carrying said smart phone won't annoy that majority.

doctornick

Not that I am advocating on behalf of MM+ or anything, but you skipped the part where you had to get your wallet out, look for the card you wanted to grab, and pull it out of your wallet. Then getting it back and putting it back in your wallet. Now, your experience might be slightly different, but not having to carry said wallet and worry about pulling out the CC is where that handy dandy Magic Band comes in.

It's anecdotal, but when we were in Uni, my wife constantly complained about having to pull out her pass (to enter the park) and Express pass (to ride rides) -- she kept saying that it was so much better at WDW where everything is on your band and it is just on your wrist. Plus, I would say that it's nicer for younger children, who can just wear the band and thus have their passes/FP+ instead of being another thing that a parent has to carry and manage.

Not to suggest that having small credit card sized stuff is a big burden, but I do find the MB are far more convenient for those aspects of things. YMMV.

seascape

I think overall Iger has been good for the company. I now think he will make the moves needed to leave a wonderful legacy. We all know therr are major changes coming to DHS and AK. I bleive AK is already a full day park for Animal Lovers but with Pandora and Rivers of Light it will be for most everyone else. Also my wife and I spent the full day at DHS on 9/21 and did not do all the rides. The events we did were:
1. Frozen welcome show and parade.
2. Frozen sing along.
3. Toy Story Mania.
4. Back lot tour.
5. Little Mermaid Show.
6. Indiana Jones stunt show
7. Star Tours.
8. Walt Disney history and movie.
9. Lunch
10. Dinner at the Bown Derby.
11. Fantasmic
12. Frozen Fireworkss
13. Oaken's store and watching the skating and snowman building. About 20 minutes.

We didnt have time for Rocken Roller coaster, Beauty and the Beast or Tower of Terror. There is no doubt that when the expansion is done that it will over 1 full day to do everything.

As magic bands I think another major advantage is in the water parks. I no longer need to buy a locker. I dont have to take my wallet with me and if I want tp buy something I can with the magic band.

We also changed fast passes almost everyday and found out that even if the fist ones time has expired you can cancel them all and pick 3 new ones. We did this twice when we would up a different park than I had selected two months earlier.

One last thing. It was great having the opportunity to see Off Kilter and Mo rocking one last time. We will miss them and Norway but look forward to new entertainment and the Frozen ride even though we will miss Maelstrom the most.

BigTxEars

...and if it situation were reversed, would he be getting the vote for that reason alone? :)

Most likely yes. Even if it was a vote against the other guy in some cases and not a vote for the candidate.

But when I bet on horses at the track I pick them if I like their name so..... :)

BigTxEars

It's anecdotal, but when we were in Uni, my wife constantly complained about having to pull out her pass (to enter the park) and Express pass (to ride rides) -- she kept saying that it was so much better at WDW where everything is on your band and it is just on your wrist. Plus, I would say that it's nicer for younger children, who can just wear the band and thus have their passes/FP+ instead of being another thing that a parent has to carry and manage.

Not to suggest that having small credit card sized stuff is a big burden, but I do find the MB are far more convenient for those aspects of things. YMMV.

The exact way we feel about MBs, having used them everything else seems outdated and just plain old. We are big fans of them and the immersion they add to our trips. I think they have a lot of untapped potential going forward.

Turtle

Yes ... kinda is the Dark Age. If it is 'for better or worse' that is the Dark Age, every development should be for the better.
I know there are different viewpoints on the state of the resort but:

Better: Soarin' 2.0, Main Street Expansion, whatever happens to DHS, Animal Kingdom Overhaul, Disney Springs, Trader Sam's, New Fantasyland

Worse: Frozen in Epcot, MyMagic+, Polynesian Waterfall.

Cesar R M

I think overall Iger has been good for the company. I now think he will make the moves needed to leave a wonderful legacy. We all know therr are major changes coming to DHS and AK. I bleive AK is already a full day park for Animal Lovers but with Pandora and Rivers of Light it will be for most everyone else. Also my wife and I spent the full day at DHS on 9/21 and did not do all the rides. The events we did were:
2. Frozen sing along.
3. Toy Story Mania.
4. Back lot tour.
5. Little Mermaid Show.
7. Star Tours.
9. Lunch
11. Fantasmic
12. Frozen Fireworkss
13. Oaken's store and watching the skating and snowman building. About 20 minutes.

We didnt have time for Rocken Roller coaster, Beauty and the Beast or Tower of Terror. There is no doubt that when the expansion is done that it will over 1 full day to do everything.

As magic bands I think another major advantage is in the water parks. I no longer need to buy a locker. I dont have to take my wallet with me and if I want tp buy something I can with the magic band.

We also changed fast passes almost everyday and found out that even if the fist ones time has expired you can cancel them all and pick 3 new ones. We did this twice when we would up a different park than I had selected two months earlier.

One last thing. It was great having the opportunity to see Off Kilter and Mo rocking one last time. We will miss them and Norway but look forward to new entertainment and the Frozen ride even though we will miss Maelstrom the most.

That is like implying the frozen welcome show and parade, the sing a long (back lot is gone already), and frozen fireworks would stay all year along.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
2. Frozen sing along.
3. Toy Story Mania.
4. Back lot tour.
5. Little Mermaid Show.
7. Star Tours.
9. Lunch
11. Fantasmic
12. Frozen Fireworkss

Thanks Pete....

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Or you could have bought one of these and saved Disney $1,199,999,994.05. ;)

badge-holders-01.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I know there are different viewpoints on the state of the resort but:

Better: Soarin' 2.0, Main Street Expansion, whatever happens to DHS, Animal Kingdom Overhaul, Disney Springs, Trader Sam's, New Fantasyland

Worse: Frozen in Epcot, MyMagic+, Polynesian Waterfall.

When people try to point out the good things about WDW, why is it that half or more of the list is for things that haven't been announced, and may not happen for years, if ever?

BigTxEars

MB require too much planning?

Am I the only one who remembers the FP planning threads before MBs? Those things were full of complex multi person planning system where dad ran to one FP machines while mom ran to the standby line with the kids etc......MB require planning but it's nothing new and it involves less running so that is a win for us old folks :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom