Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInc

Original Poster
New contest...

The topic::

Carousel of Progress

Specs::

Must be 700 X 525 (I am going to be stingy on this from now on...so try and follow this rule..ok?)

The deadline for this will be Friday the 3rd of May at 11:59PM EST

IF we get more than 15 submissions (which I hope we do), I will select a neutral party to select the BEST 15 entries and those are the ones that will be "finalists"... just like last time

As usual...the winner gets to choose the next topic...

Just a side note kids...Im sitting this one out. I got a few IMs implying that its unfair that a "pro" keeps entering so i'll sit one out..no biggie...thats why i chose a topic i hate ;)

Good luck everyone!

christopher

I think that you should enter, the champion needs to defend his title. But thats cool if you don't, if people are sending you IM's I understand sitting one out.

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by christopher
I think that you should enter, the champion needs to defend his title. But thats cool if you don't, if people are sending you IM's I understand sitting one out.

Well..if i didnt win the last one..i wasnt going to sit it out..because that would have obviously meant that even tho im a "pro" (i hate saying that), i can still lose..in fact..some of you will remember that i Lost contest #1...but thats besides the point..

I really dont mind sitting one out however...I didnt really find it "insulting" that people commented about me, as much as i took it as a compliment. I will probobly make a "joke" wallpaper for this one (since its pretty well known that i HAAAAAAATE CoP), but nothing to go into the final voting ;)

BTW..Christopher..I LOVED both of your wallpapers last time..I was sad to see you didnt get more votes :( Maybe this time...if its half as good as the ones from the pervious contest..you almost certainly have my vote ;)

Main Street USA

I think tis complete bull---- for you not to enter. Who cares who wins? This is for fun, right? Geez, come on, people!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd, there were plenty of entries in the last contest that got plenty of votes. If he were dominating, which hasn't happened yet, then I could see being upset. But saying that it isn't fair is a joke. This last contest was close, right? Right. If he ended up in second by one or two votes, would there still be complaints? Of course not. Say I would have won this last contest, that would make 2 for me and 2 for him, and I'm not technically a "pro", so would people be complaining to me as well? I have been in school for 6 years studying art and art related topics, is that fair? It should be. I know for a fact that there were several people in the last contest, who have no training whatsoever, that got multiple votes.

Just because he makes some money with his art doesn't mean he has to sit out. If you are not happy with where you finished in the last contest (not that it should matter), then try harder next time! Have some fun doing it!

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by Main Street USA
I think tis complete bull---- for you not to enter. Who cares who wins? This is for fun, right? Geez, come on, people!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd, there were plenty of entries in the last contest that got plenty of votes. If he were dominating, which hasn't happened yet, then I could see being upset. But saying that it isn't fair is a joke. This last contest was close, right? Right. If he ended up in second by one or two votes, would there still be complaints? Of course not. Say I would have won this last contest, that would make 2 for me and 2 for him, and I'm not technically a "pro", so would people be complaining to me as well? I have been in school for 6 years studying art and art related topics, is that fair? It should be. I know for a fact that there were several people in the last contest, who have no training whatsoever, that got multiple votes.

Just because he makes some money with his art doesn't mean he has to sit out. If you are not happy with where you finished in the last contest (not that it should matter), then try harder next time! Have some fun doing it!

Mainstreet...thanks ;)

Sersiously tho...I dont mind sitting out..I think most of the complaints that were coming in were the fact that i keep going the "extra mile" using tools that other people dont have acess to (with exception to you and a few others who DO have acess to 3D programs)...The way I see it...this one..Im out..but next one..you are all in deeeeeeeeeeeep trouble... ;)

hehe...

To show im not upset or anything..Im going to offer help (HELP does NOT mean I will do it for you) to anyone who needs it for this contest. You guys know how to reach me ;)

NowInc

Original Poster
Just a note::

I realized i accidently set the deadline for this contest for the 10th (2 weeks..eek!)..so I pushed it up one week to the 3rd...so for those of you who saw the "previous" guidlines..please disregard and realize you have only 1 week (as usual) to finish this one ;)

Main Street USA

OK, the 3-d thing I get. But anyone with access to this site has access to some sort of photo-editing program. Maybe not as sophisticated as Photoshop, but none the less, an editing program. Still don't understand what the big deal is, but OK.

Actually, not only was I arguing for you, but for me as well because I like your competition!:D

NowInc

Original Poster
OK, the 3-d thing I get. But anyone with access to this site has access to some sort of photo-editing program. Maybe not as sophisticated as Photoshop, but none the less, an editing program. Still don't understand what the big deal is, but OK.

Actually, not only was I arguing for you, but for me as well because I like your competition!:D

Well...now that we told everyone about GIMP (REALLY powerfull and free 2D/photo editing program), we can only hope people learn to use it well and create some killer images..

LoL..and dont worry...Im only sitting THIS ONE out...I am definatly not out for good...

CalDisney

Bad News!!!:(

I am sitting this one out Too..
I have come to my sensis.. I have never been to Florida which Means I dont know what Im doing
I can only Guess what your Parks look like .
So I will sit this out too
Cause Our COP Closed a looooooooooong Time ago:(

Ohh and NOW??? Get in there and give Mainstreet some Competition!!:)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by NowInc

Well...now that we told everyone about GIMP (REALLY powerfull and free 2D/photo editing program), we can only hope people learn to use it well and create some killer images..

LoL..and dont worry...Im only sitting THIS ONE out...I am definatly not out for good...

I was trying out gimp onthe train on the way home last night. Its pretty cool.

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Who won? I am very happy for this person, due to his fine taste of attraction wallpaper... :lol:

Believe it or not...I did...you pulled a very close 2nd place...

Invero

Hrmm... Not that I don't like the COP... but I'm really not that passionate about it... It's just one of those things that exists, and I'll ride it for the A/C. Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining, and I'd like for it to stay... but... *shrug*

This one shall be challenging.

CalDisney

Yeah, you have to stay in Cal. BTW, th einternet is full of pics of WDW attractions!!!! But you knew that, right?
Well Uumm!!!
No??

I really dont know where to look for C O P pics

I have an old 33rpm Record that has the Disneyland Version on the Cover..
Would that work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom