Wallpaper Contest #34: The American Adventure (READ THE RULES BEFORE ENTERING!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alright.. Imagineer 99 selected the American Adventure as the next topic, so that's the contest.

All of the regular rules carry over.

1- 700X525 px. NO EXCEPTIONS
2- JPG, GIF, or PNG
3- 72 DPI

and due to the potential sensitivity of this entry..

4- NOTHING POLITICAL. That's right. If there are any politically inspired entries/ANYTHING that I or others may deem political, the entry WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, and the entrant will be barred from participation in the next contest. Patriotic = OK, Political = not OK.

Deadline is (how fitting) July 4, 2004 - 11:59PM EDT.

Have Fun!

General Grizz

mkt said:
Alright.. Imagineer 99 selected the American Adventure as the next topic, so that's the contest.

All of the regular rules carry over.

1- 700X525 px. NO EXCEPTIONS
2- JPG, GIF, or PNG
3- 72 DPI

and due to the potential sensitivity of this entry..

4- NOTHING POLITICAL. That's right. If there are any politically inspired entries/ANYTHING that I or others may deem political, the entry WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, and the entrant will be barred from participation in the next contest. Patriotic = OK, Political = not OK.

Deadline is (how fitting) July 4, 2004 - 11:59PM EDT.

Have Fun!

Thank you, mkt and imagineer 99! Ise gonna have fun with this one. :D

imagineer99

Thanks MKT, for noticing the July 4th connection. Let's celebrate one of WDW's most impressive and moving shows.

RU42

Oh - I may have to clear my schedule for this one. Great pick 99. And very good rules MKT; we don't need politics to enter into this contest.

Hmm, the possibilities are running through my head.

RU

Wannabe Walt

Here is my entry!

Attachments

• American Adventure.jpg
    American Adventure.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 190

PeterPan&Wendy

Aww man...

There's no way I can top those!! But I made an entry anyways...

I envy all of you people with Photoshop or anything that does remotely anything. All I have is paint. :( Someday I'll get Photoshop...

Good luck to every one else! :sohappy:
PM2.jpg

Gregory

Wannabe Walt said:
Here is my entry!
Wow.. That is the SAME EXACT idea I had.. to put the building with the flag as the background... Just I was going to re-draw the building... I guess great minds think alike :)

Anyways... I'll have to try something new... :) Its a good thing I didn't get too far!

imagineer99

PeterPan&Wendy said:
There's no way I can those!! But I made an entry anyways...

I envy all of you people with Photoshop or anything that does remotely anything. All I have is paint. :( Someday I'll get Photoshop...

Good luck to every one else! :sohappy:

It looks awesome!

Try downloading GIMP. It's a free program that does pretty much everything that photoshop does.

General Grizz

WOW! VERY spirited entries!!

PeterPan&Wendy - yours is also excellent. I love how you incorporated your statues - excellent idea! And I have NO idea how you did that on Paint, but good job!

Here's my entry...

America...
Spread your golden wing!

Attachments

• showcase2.jpg
    showcase2.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 178

RU42

Wow, thanks guys for making me feel totally inadequate. Incredible stuff - seriously, the best yet! There is no way to pick the best one, and this contest is starting.

RU

Main Street USA

After sitting a few out, I saw the topic and had to whip something up. I have some fond and personal memories of this Word Showcase Pavillion (see signature), and I can only hope I did it justice. It's not exactly what I had envisioned when I began, but nonetheless, here it is:

Attachments

• aa-wall-copy.jpg
    aa-wall-copy.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 159

General Grizz

Excellent entry, MSU! You do much justice to the varied nature of the pavilion (and its own spirit), depicted in the variation put into that one flag we call America.

Good work!

SirNim

Workin' on mine... I don't think it can compete with the entries we already have posted, though... oh well... lol

SirNim

Well, here it is...

Something's just not right with it, dunno what... I think the placement of the mini-portraits is throwing everything off...

It's just not sitting well with me... the whole thing... lol

but... here it is... regardless... lol

*edited for some changes*
###
*edited for even more, imo major changes*
#####
*edited for even MORE changes...
be sure to REFRESH your browser so the current version is displayed...*

Attachments

• taasmall2.png
    taasmall2.png
    817.8 KB · Views: 108
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom